It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 3 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: ELVIS AND KATHY
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:00 pm 
Rainbow

I would have to say the best Elvis book i have ever read, has to be ELVIS AND KATHY. written by Kathy Westmoreland. I have read and reread it several times. she is working on a reprint of this book. the problem about this book is finding it. when you do find it . it costs big bucks.but if you can borrow the book, i reccomend it.
joe
www.elvis2001.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:39 pm 
Site Admin

I REALLY LIKE THIS BOOK AS WELL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:22 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I would like to read "Elvis and Kathy" but I think it costs a couple hundred dollars to get a used one. Way out of my budget, so I will wait for the new edition, unless maybe the local library has it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:51 am 
EIN has watched sales of 'Elvis & Kathy' on ebay during the past year. Average sale price is now over US$200.00! Some book dealers have it as high as $500.00. Hopefully the long promised reprint will eventuate. Amazon has it listed for around US$20.00 but when you order you go on back order...and back order...

Nigel
EIN
www.elvisinfonet.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:44 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

This book is also one of my top favourites.
My copy is already falling apart from continued reading (and poor paper quality), so I´m glad to know that a reprint will come soon!!

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:28 am 
Rainbow

there is a part in her book that always upsets me. it is toward the end . elvis falls to the floor. kathy asks one of the helpers to give her a hand. they say something like ,leave him there. i dont remember the exact words. but i would love to know who that was. i was talking to kathy one day , i asked her. she refused to say.
joe
www.elvis2001.net
:x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:44 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Well, Kathy knows best why she keeps quiet. I think it wouldn't help anyone if we knew. The person will have to "pay the bill" anyway...law of cause and effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:44 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I have started reading Kathy W.'s book today, thanks to a generous soul's friend of mine that sent it to me to read. :P :P I'm enjoying it very much thus far.

I like very much Kathy and I think that she loves Elvis sincerely. She is an intelligent woman and surely knows what she is doing. Besides, she is a very "connected" person, with a spiritual path behind (and ahead) her. I trust her.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject: Kathy on Charlie Hodge and Elvis
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:51 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

This is part of a touching tribute from Kathy Westmoreland to Charlie Hodge,just after his passing:

"IT WAS CHARLIE WHO (having had his own group and tv/radio show in the fifties ---the Foggy River Boys) UNDERSTOOD THE ARTIST IN ELVIS, WHO TAUGHT ELVIS HOW TO PACE A SHOW. When he recorded duets with Elvis, one could not tell the voices apart. He matched Elvis so perfectly. He taught Elvis just what song would work where in order to raise the excitement of an audience, then to control the audience by doing a number that would calm things down. CHARLIE WAS THE ONLY PERSON WHO KNEW,...YES...REALLY KNEW ELVIS, UNDERSTOOD HIM, ALLOWED HIM TO "BE" HIMSELF; "Go into a rage if you want...use me as your kicking board, just let the artistic emotions in you out, Elvis!" I can still hear him. HE WAS THE ONLY PERSON WHO LAUGHED, RATHER THAN GETTING THEIR FEELINGS HURT WHEN ELVIS LET HIS EMOTIONS SHOW. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE OTHERS THOUGHT ELVIS WAS INSANE,...BUT THEY HAD NO UNDERSTANDING OF ARTISTS, NOR OF THEIR TEMPERAMENT. ..THEIR NEED TO SCREAM, LAUGH, CRY...NOT TO FEAR EMOTION.

Charlie taught me to "remember not to think , just BE...Let your desires be your inspirations, and 'IT BE-COMES YOU'. If there had been no Charlie, who never, never let Elvis down...not once, there would not have been the Elvis who touched all of our lives. Elvis probably would have been heard, but certainly not developed his gifts to such extraordinary heights had Charlie not been his best friend. Charlie and I recalled a time when someone called him offstage for a minute, and Elvis said, "Charlie, when I glanced back there and you weren't there,...I panicked. I don't EVER want to do a show without you right with me EVER AGAIN." I am laughing now. If there is a "dimension" up or out there where people meet when they leave this physical body, I'll bet Elvis is finally happy at this moment. Perhaps someday they'll share this day's conversations with me? I am so envious to think they perhaps have the answers to all of the questions we pondered, attempted to puzzle out, only to realize that as Charlie said, "It's time to stop now...rest our minds...", and then he'd quote a Scripture,..."All knowledge is vain". Elvis and I and Charlie knew the answers must be there, or we wouldn't have the questions. We almost drove ourselves into total exhaustion while "thinking", then refreshed ourselves by just practicing quieting our minds, and just going blank, just "feeling"."

http://www.elvisrockson.net/charliehodge.html

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:47 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Amanda, Thank you for sharing this with us! Charlie had indeed a special role to play in the drama of Elvis' life....as a very special friend.

Page 1 of 3 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next