It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 2:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 3 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:09 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes, very special. Many times I wonder about the void Charlie must have felt when Elvis left and the enormous effort it would take from him, to recover normality in his life.

I'm sure Charlie had Elvis backing him to help.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:28 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

It was so good of Kathy to speak up for Charlie like that. I have a feeling not too many of the MM would, as there was and is such jealousy among them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:41 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

It seems that introducing his group members Elvis always took Kathy by the hand in that special way (like on the photo). She was the only one he touched!

I agree with you, Laurie!!

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:42 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I think that both are right in what you say. It seems to me evident that there was much love between Elvis, Charlie and Kathy.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:30 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Now I also seem to remember that Elvis used to touch CHARLIE on his shoulder (sometimes?) when introducing him to the audience..... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:43 pm 
Site Admin

Yes Sarena, he would indeed touch "Cholly" on the shoulder sometimes when introducing him. :) The one instance that comes immediately to mind of him doing this is the "Aloha" special. :) Now, there were also a few times when Elvis was obviously in a cute, teasing mood and right after he would introuce his friend "Cholly" Hodge, he would give him a quick kick in the rear end-lol!! :lol: :wink: The audience seemed to love it when he did that. :D That's our boy!! Always knew how to make people laugh and enjoy themselves!! :D One time he did that, and Charlie feigned indignance and did something I don't think Elvis was quite expecting. As soon as Elvis walked a step or 2 away from him, he(Charlie) got behind Elvis and gave him a swift kick right back and the audience REALLY loved that!!!! :lol: :wink: :D Elvis laughed too!!! :D Yes, it was very easy to see and I thank God for the special love and friendship that Elvis, Charlie and Kathy had! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:59 pm 
Site Admin

I liked Kathy's book alot also-it was honest and she didn't make him a saint as he was the first to admit that he was not one! And she bared her own soul to tell it like it was with him and the others. I know she cannot reveal who said leave him there-and it wasn't the first time he was left whereever he happened to fall either.
Nor the last. Charlie was highly beneficial to Elvis and his career and his emotional and mentaly health. Charlie had his demons and as Elvis said on one occasion, "I'm the biggest one of them all" and he meant it in that Charlie worked so hard for him, helped him so much and put up with his moods and etc: and worried about him all the time. Elvis knew Charlie made him his life's work, and he appreciated it but he could be nasty at times, even to his best buddy and best friend. If any one could say there were his best friend, it would have been Charlie-but I can't recall that he ever did say that, or write it, or imply it, he stayed in the background, he let Elvis have the spot light and he backed him up probably sometimes when his own world was flying around him in shambles-he was there for Elvis. Few of the others can say that-very few. Kathy saw alot, heard alot and I hope that she will reveal more things now that some are not here and I'll be darn happy when some of the rest are gone so the truth can come about while there are those still alive who DID care for Elvis, and who WERE THERE to see and witness what they saw before time runs out. History needs to be told, for those who come after. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:11 am 
Site Admin

Speaking of Kathy's book, I was wondering if there is anyone in our loving circle that would be able to possible loan me a copy of Kathy's book so that I can read it? :? I would be more than willing to pay any and all costs involved in mailing it to me and would return it immediately after I was done reading it. I have heard so many wonderful things about her book, but was never able to get a copy and read it myself. :( And now unfortunately it's practically impossible to find without paying something like $600 or more on Amazon I think last time I checked. :shock: :( Any help that anyone could give me with this would be greatly appreciated!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:17 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Mary, I have "Elvis & Kathy" (the book is very "used" and due to bad quality many pages are"loose", but there is no problem to read it anyway.. :wink: ).

I would be glad to loan you the book. But as I am living in Germany, maybe someone can offer you inside U.S.A. and you would prefer that?!

Just contact me through pm!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:21 am 
Flame

I have the same problem Mary. I can't believe they are asking so much money for that book now! :shock:
She will publish more but I don't know when that'll be though.

I realy like to loan it from someone who is willing to lend it to me. You can trust me, promise, I will send it back as soon as I finish reading it, and will pay for sending it ofcourse!

Tomorrow I will receive behind the Image book 1&2 (also the dvd's) and some other dvd's: That's the way it is special Edition, and The way it realy was....
Maybe we can share??? If you do not have the books or dvd's ofcourse :D

Page 2 of 3 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next