It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 3 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: The Elvis Presley Memorial Trauma Center
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:39 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
The Wall of Honor
With the original dedication of the Elvis Presley Memorial Trauma Center in 1983, fans from throughout the world have sought ways in which to participate in the mission of this Center of Excellence and to memorialize Elvis Presley. For their efforts and those businesses who continue to support the work done at the EPMTC, a "Wall of Honor" was established by the MED Foundation in 1990. The wall today consists of nearly 300 plaques, each ofwhich is inscribed according to the wish of the donor along with a date.

One need only to look at the names, fan clubs, and countries from which financial support has come to this Center. It is truly a fitting tribute to the memory of Elvis and what he stood for that his many fans have made this Center of Excellence a priority for their charitable contributions.

Please click on link to see the Elvis dedication plaque and for more information.

http://www.the-med.org/new_the_med/trauma-new-2.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:47 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you, Laurie!

I don't know what is happening today at this forum (but I can guess). From the very moment I came in, the stream of Love is so strong that I have tears of Heart's emotion in every post I read. This one with your link is one of them. I render myself to the Stream. Image
(Oh, how I wish the little rose could be blue...)

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:19 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

here Amanda.. to make your wish come true.. :P

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:54 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Dear Zey, you are a sweetheart. Thank you! I love to have my dreams come true. :P :P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:07 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Laurie Thank you so much for this it is so beautiful and touching! :D :D
It is so great and wonderful to see people keeping Elvis's memory alive! :D :D

Talia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:48 pm 
Site Admin

What a wonderful expression of LOVE to honor a man that never failed to show LOVE to anyone he met. :D It is a beautiful tribute and makes my heart leap for joy to see all of these people helping to keep his memory alive in such a positive way!! :D Thank you so much for sharing this with us this Laurie and for posting the link as well. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:58 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Elvis license plate finds donor: It was hard going but there will be an Elvis license plate issued in Tennessee. There is much food for thought in this story!

Some fans wanting a state-issued Elvis Presley license plate are getting a free ride thanks to a New Jersey Elvis fan who covered their $35 fee for the car tag. The state requires 1,000 people to pre-order and pay the fees for new specialty license plates before it begins production. If a plate fails to garner the needed pre-order amount by a certain date, it will not be produced.

The Elvis plate, which benefits the Elvis Presley Memorial Trauma Center at the Regional Medical Center at Memphis, was about 100 buyers shy of meeting the benchmark, even after receiving an extension on its deadline. The New Jersey fan anonymously donated the $3,500 needed to cover the final 100 pre-ordered plates, after hearing about the license plate's troubles on Sirius satellite radio's Elvis program hosted by longtime Presley friend George Klein.

Tammy Ritchey, executive director of the hospital's foundation, The Med Foundation, said the donor wanted no recognition, but wanted to express her love of Presley through the kind of charitable donation he was known for in his lifetime. Of the $35 specialty fee, The Med receives roughly $20 in revenue for each plate sold. Tennessee has about 130 specialty plates, with different groups receiving proceeds. The most popular salutes the Tennessee Titans football team, but there are others for Korean War veterans, the Smokies and the Tennessee Walking Horse.

Source: Commercial Appeal / EIN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:17 am 
Site Admin

Wow! I would like to have an Elvis license plate! I wonder if California has anything like that for getting one of theirs? Will check it out! We had one that was not an offical plate for any state on the front of our car when we went back to Tenn. in 1981 I think it was 81 but might have been 80??? Starla and I went-she had appts. in Nashville with recording companies. Anyway, that plate sure got attention. There used to be another one in Orance Co. that we would see on the freeway back and forth from Riverside Co. and they honked at us and we honked at them going and coming. It was fun and they were at our conventions in 78 and 79-we ran into them at a swapmeet of all places where they had a booth and sold sunglasses etc;-there was their car with the plate so we knew it was them. They did love Elvis and had an "Elvis room" in their home they said....and called it "the jungle room". Fun memories. Thanks for posting that Laurie. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:07 am 
Site Admin

Laurie my thanks to you also for this information you posted. :) I'd love to have an Elvis license plate too so will be checking into this to see if it's possible to get one here in Illinois. :D Wanda thanks for the story you shared and like Sue said they do sound like really fun memories and the "Jungle Room" does sound really neat too. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:40 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
New Elvis License Plate officially unveiled: The new official Tennessee license plate featuring Elvis Presley, the King of Rock‘n’Roll, and the Elvis Presley Memorial Trauma Center was unveiled in at the Elvis Presley Automobile Museum. The license plate was placed on Elvis's purple 1956 Cadillac Eldorado and a few lucky Elvis fans were present when the very first plate was shown to the public. This official "artist proof" plate, license number (EP)0000, is being donated to the Graceland Archives and will become a permanent part of their collection. An auction will take place at a later date of the highly collectible artist proof plate that contains the signatures of EPE and State of Tennessee officials in addition to those of Lisa Marie and Priscilla Presley.
A portion of the proceeds from all Elvis Presley License Plate sales in the state of Tennessee goes directly to support the wonderful lifesaving work done by The Elvis Presley Memorial Trauma Center and The MED Foundation. The Elvis Presley Memorial Trauma Center is this region's only Level-1 trauma center and has served the trauma emergency needs of a 5-state, 150 mile radius from Memphis, TN for over 20 years.
(News, Source;EPE)

Page 1 of 3 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next