It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 3 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:01 pm 
Site Admin

He would be completly speechless and awed, but he would love it! He'd have one on every car of his, fer sure! wjh I wish I lived there so I could have one on my truck! Darn! We have the ELVIS plate that we put on the front of our car when we went back there, Starla and I. It was not official state plate, but it worked. Now they will ticket you for not having offical plates on front and back-but Starla gets by with just back plates usually and hasn't ever been stopped for that or ticketed. Her time will come no doubt. She just loves her Toyota Camery and even loves the cobalt blue metalic paint job on it now-though it does show dirt and has to go through a car wash nearly every other day. She puts lots of miles on her cars for work, she deserves a "special car" and I picked it out-she keeps telling me that. It was the first one I saw when we went looking
and she ended up with it. So... It's his favorite color she said, when she drove off in it. Funny thing, before we even left the house that day I thought about a blue car for her-it fits her personality and drive-according to what I read in the paper that day. And my truck fits me-I'm above most everything in it- but I just thought I liked it because I could see and not get in an accident so easily! Oh well, whatever. I love those plates!.
wjhYou know when they were trying to "find something to name" for him and kept mentioning this or that-he said, "Jus' wish the hell they'd find somethin' an shut the ----- up!" It was in the newspaper so often and he was getting tired of reading about what it was going to be. He joked about just naming the bus station john for him...apparently there were lots of messages on the walls about and for him in both mens and womens!wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:01 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
You know when they were trying to "find something to name" for him and kept mentioning this or that-he said, "Jus' wish the hell they'd find somethin' an shut the ----- up!" It was in the newspaper so often and he was getting tired of reading about what it was going to be. He joked about just naming the bus station john for him...apparently there were lots of messages on the walls about and for him in both mens and womens!wjh

ImageImage Love his sense of humor! It's fantastic! :P :P :P

I love the idea of many Elvis' plates going around USA roads and highways! :P He'll be so overpresent...! GREAT!

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:45 pm 
Thank you very much, Laurie, for all this information. It touches my heart that Elvis's fans are continuing his legacy in working with hospitals to better meet the needs of patients. And I want an Elvis license plate, too!!!! I saw a plate that spelled ELVIS the other day but without the great picture, it obviously pales in comparison. :)

Wanda, thanks also for that funny story. I'm glad they named the Boulevard after him and not the bus stop, because it's easy to get a replica of those street signs...we prize the one hanging in our house :D

When I first got engaged to my husband, he had a white bust of Elvis on his mantle and a black velvet painting of him, too. I wasn't an Elvis fan at all then. Before we got married, some crazy mood seized him, and he gave them away!!! :cry: Wish I had them back now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:43 am 
Site Admin

Rainbow Light wrote:
Quote:
You know when they were trying to "find something to name" for him and kept mentioning this or that-he said, "Jus' wish the hell they'd find somethin' an shut the ----- up!" It was in the newspaper so often and he was getting tired of reading about what it was going to be. He joked about just naming the bus station john for him...apparently there were lots of messages on the walls about and for him in both mens and womens!wjh

That's so cute, and funny!! Love that man's sense of humor!! :wink: :lol: :lol:

Great! :P

VERY VERY funny and so like Elvis to say something like this!! :lol: :lol: :wink: :P I so agree with you dear Sue about just loving that man's warm, witty and wonderful sense of humor!! :D :D Just one of the MANY things to love about him!! :wink: :P :D Thank you so much sweet Wanda for sharing this story with us! :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:38 pm 
Hi Laurie, and Thanks for Sharing that. What A Honor, I think that there is a lot of Honors that Elvis should get Like An Official Elvis Date! or something like that. I want a Official Elvis State Plate to! :( I wonder what Elvis would have said if they had changed the name of Memphis TO Elvis Tenn.? :D FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:46 pm 
Site Admin

Rainbow Light wrote:
What an honor indeed! Yes, Elvis should get more honors as is richly deserved - Elvis, Tenn or Elvis City, Tennessee would sound good! :D :D

I totally agree with what you said here Sue my dear friend! :D :D Elvis surely deserves all the honors he can get and my oh my Elvis City, Tennessee certainly does have a VERY nice ring to it as well as Elvis, Tennessee too!! :wink: :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:40 pm 
Site Admin

You are most welcome my sweet friend!! :wink: :P :D Worry not about your emoticons not working hon-I've gotten bopped off of ELC twice today. :lol: :roll: :P :wink: Gee, I wonder if "someone" is trying to tell me something or "jus' havin' some fun"??? :wink: :P :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:55 pm 
:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: This is Catchin Sue! :lol: :lol: FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:29 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

You are so right about that FairyTale!!! :D :D

Talia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:58 am 
Site Admin

:bouncy: :bouncy: (A) (A) :hello: :hello:

Page 2 of 3 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next