It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:01 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I have heard about that too Fairytale it scares me!

Talia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:33 pm 
Site Admin

Elvis would have loved having a roller coaster - a truly fast and big one nearby and he thought about getting a real merry go round with the organ and everything for his little girl-but decided that was a bit much-I imagine when his daddy found out how much it would cost and the expense of keeping it up, insurance etc: he would have nixed that idea! So Elvis just took her to the one he liked and rented the place for her to enjoy with friends. Then he didn't have to pay the insurance costs and cover damages etc:... And he never got the train he wanted set up for her either-but he had model trains etc: anyway. I think he had just about everything any kid could ever want -after he could afford such things.
He was just a big kid himself-he said and he got that right!
I know that the area around Graceland was bad-especially on the one side where we came through going there-everything was bad then, so it must have been really bad by now-When he bought Graceland there wasn't much out there and it's bound to have been growing and growing-everywhere out here has changed and Orange Co. where we used to live near the beach has totally changed-I wouldn't recognize things. Even the Anahiem Convention center where he appeared last out here is gone-and with it all the memories that were left where we slept on the sidewalk and watched the BlackHawk Stuz drive around in the parking lot-but not close enough so anyone could see who the passenger was with the beautiful blonde driver! We kind of had a good idea who it was though- He couldn't believe that people would sleep on the pavement just to get a ticket to see HIM! Lord even! Why? Only we who did it could truly understand why... it (he) was worth it. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:30 pm 
So Wanda you don't think that Elvis would mind it if they put a Theme Park around GraceLand? Barbara Lea!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:47 pm 
Site Admin

I'm with you on what you think Sue-Lenora. I don't mind EPE building things that would honor Elvis's memory or the things he truly enjoyed in life, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I pray that they will just leave Graceland itself alone!! :( I've even heard that they plan on turning the actual house into some kind of hotel!!???!!?? :shock: Graceland was so precious to Elvis--the place he himself said he loved being at because it brought him some peace from his everyday hectic life so shouldn't that count for something to someone in charge?? :( EPE always SAYS that they are there to do things to honor and protect his memory but yet time and time again they wind up DOING just the OPPOSITE. :cry: I just can't see how they can justify money being more important than protecting a precious and loving man's legacy?? :roll: :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:13 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I would be really surprised if anything is done to Graceland. Lisa still owns it, and I doubt she would let it be tampered with, except for repairs. Wanda says the last time she saw it, it was badly in need of repair but that was years ago. Has anyone seen Graceland in the past few years and do you think it is being kept up well?

I do think the area around Graceland will be built up at some point since EPE has bought up some of the surrounding property.

Page 2 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2