It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: North Shore Animal League of America
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:38 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

World's largest no-kill shelter. Rescue, nurture, adoption of pets.

Meet Angel who was rescued after being starved and abandoned. Just look into those eyes of hers. I'm not able to view the video so if someone can, please let me know how it is.

The "Help Heal Me" program was set up to help animals in desparate need of medical attention.

http://www.nsalamerica.org/email/angel/ ... =ars_angel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:48 am 
Site Admin

Thank you so much for posting this link for us dear Laurie. :) I couldn't watch the video either but was able to see the pictures and read the page. It was truly heartbreaking to see the pictures of sweet Angel and read what she had gone through, :cry: but God bless every one of those people who work so hard to help save and nurture Angel and each and every one of God's precious little creatures. :) Our husky Nikki is a rescue doggy and her story of how she came up before we got her was just as sad. She originally belonged to a family who lived in Key West Florida when she was just a little puppy, and they left her outdoors in the elements 24 hrs.a day. :cry: Not only that, but for whatever unexplainable and inexcusable reason, the people who had her at this time would throw rocks at her too. :cry: :evil: By the time the people from the rescue got her, the poor little thing was badly injured, malnourished, and full of fleas, ticks and mange. :cry: :cry: Thankfully the husky rescue was able to take really good care of her and help her heal too until God blessed us by bringing her into our lives. :D :D We love her so very much and she is such a precious member of our family!! :D :D Here is a picture of our sweet "angel" :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:35 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Mary, thank you for sharing your dog story with us. Nikki is a beautiful dog, and I'm so glad she is with you now and not that other abusive family.

Can I ask, did it take her awhile to trust you? Or was she fully healed emotionally when you got her? How is she with strangers?

At present I do not have any pets, but I want to get one; maybe save one from death. However, I befriended a neighbor's dog, a little chihuahua. She is with a loving family now, but the previous owners abused her. The little girl used to kick her as a puppy. At any rate, it took a long time for her to become comfortable with me & to not crouch down in fear. After patiently giving her love for many months, she & I are now good buddies and she loves taking naps on my couch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:47 pm 
Site Admin

You are more than welcome my sweet angels for my sharing the story about our little "princess" with you. :D We call her that too because that's what one of our daughter Ashley's friends calls her. :P :D Of course you may ask dear Laurie. :) On the day the people from the rescue dropped Nikki off at our house she ran right to me when I called out her name as if she had known me all of her life instead of just meeting me for the FIRST time. :o It was as if our spirits had known each other before if that makes any sense? :? Anyway, 4 days went by before we even heard a peep out of her so I'd say that yes she was emotionally healed for the most part, but she just needed to take time to get acclimated and adjusted to her new home and forever family. :D She is pretty good with strangers for the most part unless she feels thet are a danger or threat to us somehow. :) Sweet Sue it made my heart so happy to hear about your little rescue doggy Jimbo. :D So glad to hear he is doing so well too. :D Doesn't surprise me since I know that he too is surrounded by love. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:33 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you ladies for sharing your stories about your precious babies they are so very lucky cause they have so much wonderful beautiful love around them!! :D :D

Talia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:16 pm 
Site Admin

Rainbow Light wrote:

Quote:
It was as if our spirits had known each other before if that makes any sense? Anyway, 4 days went by before we even heard a peep out of her so I'd say that yes she was emotionally healed for the most part, but she just needed to take time to get acclimated and adjusted to her new home and forever family.

That makes perfect sense to me, dear Mari! Can understand what you were saying and who's to know if your spirits had met before but likely or not, sweet Nikki - I'm sure, would have realised what a beautiful, dear soul you are, Mari and she instinctively knew she could trust you completely! So happy she's settled so happily with you all now! :D :D

As are you my dear friend!! :wink: :D Thank you so much for your kind and loving words about me. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:47 pm 
Site Admin

:D :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]