Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:33 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image

FUN AND LOVELY! :P :P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:35 am 
Site Admin

My thanks to you also dear Wanda for letting us know about your Mommy cat and her precious baby kittens!! :wink: :D :D Thanks to you also sweet Amanda for your very cute and fun emoticons!! :wink: :P :D They really brought a smile to my face!! :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:08 pm 
Site Admin

Aren't baby kitty's and puppies adorable! Even the baby rabbits around here are so cute- they grow up so fast though! The rabbits, out of the hole at 3 weeks, on their own, momma does not nuture them at alll! And by 3 months old they have babies which are kept in a hole dug in the ground etc: and she only comes to feed them twice a day! Kicks leaves and dirt over the entrance and that's it! But they are cute and they make it for the most part, okay. Starla loves the baby rabbits too, and had one in her hands this spring. I told her, if it bites you, that means rabies shots! So she stopped trying to get her hands on them! They are look, but don't touch! The have short lives, wild rabbits like these live about 4 to 5 years and that's it. Other wise the area would be over run with rabbits!!! These here live a bit longer as they have shelter and food and are pretty safe except from owls and hawks.

The neighbor came home last night and momma, Spider and momma's friend is gone- next door again. I am going to ask him if he wants the kittens- and talk to him about getting momma spayed if he's keeping her. She also has worms so he needs to have that done...if he isn't going to do it, then we will but he can catch momma and Spider for us. Daddy too if he can, we'll neuter him too.

The other kittens are doing well and becoming more friendly- they play with all the toys and have a ball in the cat house...it's pretty big so they have lots of room and they love laying in the hanging rack/beds to look out the screened windows. They came out to eat with me in side with them this morning and even gave me some silent meows. One of them gives me the half blinks of her eyes, which is cat language for "I mean well and like you" i do that to them and she responds but the others don't yet. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:50 pm 
Site Admin

Baby kittys and puppies are so very adorable dear Wanda!! :wink: :D I think it's so interesting to see how teeny tiny they start out and then watch how big, fuzzy, fluffy and cute they get to be!! :wink: :P :D Thank you so much for the update on momma and her precious babies. :wink: :D In reading about the loving care that you are giving to them, it is once again so very easy to see why Elvis said to you"honey we were never strangers" when you first met!! :wink: :D Two very loving, giving, caring, and compassionate souls that were meant to share a journey in life together "fer sure!!!" :wink: :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:51 am 
:D I have always been a Cat Lover, I love all Animals except Spiders and Rats. I have 2 Cats myself, they are Brother and sister. My Male Cat is Kacy and My female cat is Shelby. Kacy is a Yellow Tabby with fairly long hair and Shelby is coal Balck with fairly long hair, they were born at a Friends house and the Mother cat took them and put them under my friends house. If Shelby hadn't started to cry my friend wouldn't have known they were even there, my friend had to feed them with a eye dropper. they weren't even weaned yet, their momma just left them. I got them when their eyes had just opened, their momma never came back. They have had their first birthday in April, if I ever get a camera and a printer I well take some pictures of them and put them on here so you all can see them. :D FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:13 am 
Site Admin

You are most welcome for the picture I posted Sue my dear friend!! :wink: :D I'm so glad you liked it!! :D :D Sweet FairyTale if you ever do get a camera & printer we would love to see pictures of your precious little kittys!! :D :D They sound adorable! :wink: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:04 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank You Wanda for sharing your story about the momma Cat and the kittens!! :D :D I love puppies and kittens I love all animals except for snakes they scare me! I wish I could have a dog or cat but I can't cause my husband has allergies! When I was growing we always had dogs!

Mary thank you for the precious picture your kittens are adorable!! :D :D

Talia

Post subject: in 1990
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:48 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

On my birthday in 1990 for my special gift I had the pleasure of picking my dog, Willie, out from a beagle litter of 6 puppies. I picked her because she seemed so very curious and for the 13 years she was with me she was always alert, always snooping around and her hearing was sharp enough to hear me start popcorn in the microwave and when it was popped, Willie would catch popcorn that I threw to her and when the popcorn was gone she would go to the kitchen, get a drink and then come back to her bed in the front room.
I can remember putting her on the line run out back here for the first time. I think the chain snapped to her collar weighed more than Willie did so she kind of tipped in one direction or the other until she weighed enough.
Of all puppies a beagle, to me, is the very cutest and they make such wonderful companions.
She was my Willie but maybe she is up with Elvis, too, sharing his popcorn!! :) :)
73smile

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2