It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 4 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Help stop the slaughter of thousands of wild horses
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:19 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Please help keep thousands of wild horses from being slaughtered. The BLM (Bureau of Land Management) has so mismanaged the "rounding up" of America's wild horses that now many are at risk of being euthenized. Because wild horse lovers don't have the money & lobby power, this story has not gotten the publicity it deserves.

The BLM has not done any sincere scientific studies to determine how many horses can thrive on various ranges in the west. So bureaucrats have simply been pulling "magic numbers" out of a hat and rounding up healthy horses from healthy ranges & housing them. Most people think the horses being rounded up are sickly, but even the BLM admits that most of the horses rounded up are healthy. Because the BLM is running out of money, they are now suggesting euthenasia for over 33,000 wild horses & burrows. For all anyone knows many of these horses could survive just fine in the wild. But no one is even giving them a chance. If the BLM had only taken in weak & sick or undernourished horses over the years, they would not be in the position they are in now.

No one there thought to think ahead & do scientific studies. (Or perhaps there wasn't the funding?) They just took healthy horses from healthy ranges, parting them their beloved families, and housing them, until now they can't afford to house them anymore. How sad.

If anyone would like to voice their opinion on this, click on the below link which will give you BLM's toll free number at the top in red, or you can click twice on the "click here" which will pull up an online email.
http://www.americanherds.blogspot.com/

Youtube from The Cloud Foundation ( http://www.thecloudfoundation.org/ ):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC2fNj6L ... re=related

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:05 pm 
:( So Sad and uncalled for, its just like other wild animals and their Habitats. The People in the Goverment are concerned about is War, and Not the Economy or anything esle that has been negleted! Thanks Blue Moon for bring this to our Attention! :x

Last edited by FairyTale on Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:39 pm 
Pharaoah

Thanks for posting Blue Moon.

Its so sad and no need for it :(, and it needs to stop :(, I don't agree with killing any kind of animal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:35 pm 
Site Admin

My heart is in complete accord with what you and all the other ladies have said above Sue my dear angel. Laurie my swet friend, thank you so much for posting this for us and for the helpful links as well so that we can let our voices be heard too. :) I agree with what everyone else has said about how sad and terribly wrong this is, and that something definitely does need to be done about it! :(

Post subject: Re: Help stop the slaughter of thousands of wild horses
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:39 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

There are so many instances where animals are being treated cruelly all over the world! It's time these practices are stamped on including bear baiting, monkeys being used as entertainment and other such topics! :x

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:12 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:x I So Know what you Mean, I would Love to Take these People and Give them the Same Kind of Treatment they Give Those Poor HelpLess Animals! :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:17 pm 
Site Admin

Elvis got "in trouble" with his father when he came home from the "pound" with a car load of dogs...that had been on "death row" and were "saved" by Elvis' love of animals. His tender heart, and his "spur of the moment" decision to take them home where he could find a place for them. He gave them to people, knowing that
because they came from Elvis, people would keep and care for them. He rescued
a "herd" of cattle because they were on their way to "slaughter" and a cow looked
him in the eyes...he couldn't bear to think of it being killed just "so somebody could
eat them...there was already plenty of meat at the store" etc. He picked up
strays off the highway between LA and Memphis several times, once he found
a small dog with a glass jar stuck on it's head...in the desert at a rest stop. He
used his shirt to wrap the jar so he could break it and not have glass going everywhere and he brought the starving little dog home with him. He had chickens and peacocks running around the property for a while, some of the chickens had been his mother's and some were not after those were gone...he just liked them around. But after a time, he just had horses and a few cats at the barn...he said cats made him sneeze, but Lisa had a cat and it was at Graceland, it jumped onto his lap and made him spill his coffee, but he didn't get
angry, he just said, "Aw damn it, now it looks like 'um droolin' or something!"
Then he began talking to the cat using that "talking to a child" voice of his.
He told the cat to go find "Yessa an' she'll play with you...I'm busy now..."
This was a born humanitarian...of the best type.
wjh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:51 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

AMEN, Wanda! :) :P :hello: :hug:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:48 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Know had to tell Elvis to be that Way Either, he Did it out of His Own Loving and Gracious Heart! :hug:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:05 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Right, sis! Take care and sending hugs on this day of all days! :cry: :hello: :hug: :love:

Page 1 of 4 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next