It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:08 pm 
Owl

A charity organization that is close to my heart is St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, TN. This was also one of the many places that Elvis donated many, many dollars to. I believe it broke his heart to see those children so ill; so he selflessly gave to them. It broke my heart, as well. It's a hospital that allows children with catastrophic illnesses to come from all over the world and be treated for FREE. It also provides the family with housing, meals and other needs FREE OF CHARGE. It ALSO leads the way in research for the treatment of these vile illnesses. All of this is provided through the donations of loving hearts like all of us. They have just about beaten so many fatal childhood diseases. My grandma lives an hour and fifteen minutes south of Memphis, close to Clarksdale, MS. I grew up watching the St. Jude telethons. This was a hospital founded by Danny Thomas. His daughter, Marlo, has continued his work. I always vowed, though my tears, to give to them one day and I do. It may only be ten or twenty bucks a month but I truly believe every penny counts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:44 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thought I'd bring this one back up as it was one of Elvis' favorite charities.

Below is a link with some brief information re Elvis' relationship to St Jude, as well as a section on Elvis tribute cards (mail or email), where you can make a donation in his memory, or honor an Elvis fan.

http://www.stjude.org/elvis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:49 am 
Owl

Thanks for bringing this back up, Blue Moon. I give to St. Jude's as much as I can. I live in Tenn. and they actually have a St. Jude's specialized car tag. I thought about getting one but I already have a special "animal friendly" tag. So I'll just keep sending St. Jude's donations. Thanks again! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:11 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

THANK YOU FOR BRINGING THIS UP, Laurie.... Image

My Never Ending LOVE for ALL of YOU
Ka´rala

http://www.youtube.com/user/thebluebutterfly4u

"DREAMS COME TRUE in BLUE HAWAII"

Post subject: Re: St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:39 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Bringing this back up as a Memphis-based charity, does a lot of good on research plus has a burns trauma unit for many years.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]