It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Imagine A World Without Fish
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:31 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Are oceans are being seriously depleted by overfishing. At current fishing rates, there will be no fish left by the middle of this century. Serveral fish, including the bluefin tuna, are nearing extintion now.

There is a documentary produced by British filmmaker Rupert Murray called The End of the Line which is both visually beautiful & very informative re what is really going on with overfishing. Mr. Murray is not what one would normally refer to as an animal rights activist. He in fact loves to eat fish, but he also wants his daughter to be able to as well when she grows up. And unless the world returns to sustainable fishing practices soon, she will not.

Please help spread the word about this documentary. You can even request it be shown in your theaters.
Here is the link: http://endoftheline.com/

Post subject: Re: Imagine A World Without Fish
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:50 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Hi Blue Moon, it is So Great to Hear from You! Thank You for Putting this Important Documentary to Our Attentions. It is not only the Fish that are to become Extinct but Many Animal's also! Please come and Post Often, you have been Missed! :love:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:05 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hi Blue Moon it sure is great to see you :D :D
Sure have missed you :love:
Thank you for posting this you are so right about that Rose-Lyn not only are the fish extinct but so many other animals as well its so sad

Talia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:05 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

My brother taped (as we have no cable) a 2 hour show called World without Man---off the Discovery station---and it describes what the world would look like 1 day after man up to 10,000 years without man.
Ww---mankind---have so polluted this place called earth that it is a wonder any fish or sea animals are left.
Very sad and people, by and large, just do not get or do not care what they are doingto terra firma.
73smile

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:17 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

This very thing brings to my Mind on what the Astronauts see when they are in Space, they said if people down here could see the Destruction that as been done to The Earth we would Be So A Shamed. It is not only The Fish, but The Polar Bears of the Arctic are Dieing of Starvation because of the Ice Melting at Records Speed. that they can't hunt for Seals that is their Food, and they are just the Beginning. :(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:42 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

For anyone wanting to know if a fish is endangered (so as to not eat it if offered/sold at a restaurant or store) or if a certain fish is not healthy to eat (say high in mercury etc.), pull up the below link and type in the name of the seafood in question. The information you need to know will be there. Very informative & easy to follow. You will have to copy and paste the below link, though, putting the http://www in front, as long links do not seem to work in the new forum format.

montereybayaquarium.org/cr/cr_seafoodwatch/sfw_recommendations.aspx

Last edited by Blue Moon on Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:17 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Many thanks for the link and helpful information, Laurie! :D :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]