It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Helping animals and people too!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:02 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you Rainbow Light for this great link :D :D

Talia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:54 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

This is a Great Site and Charity, and it is so True that Both are in very Bad Need of Help! :love:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:29 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Please let me mention IFAW, International Fund for Animal Welfare which is a great charity to help and assist all kinds of animal cruelty!:

http://www.ifaw.org/ifaw_united_states/

Last edited by Crystal Rose on Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:36 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, I received a nice letter from a lady who has a big ranch, she and others who care, have taken in several dozen of the wild mustangs from areas where they are trying to remove them (so cattle can graze the land that used to be just for the wild American mustangs). I sent a donation to help feed the horses as it costs a lot of money each month and they had mortaged their ranch to buy the hay to feed them! I donated in memory of Elvis Presley-she was very pleased to remember him in such a wonderful way as to keep the horses alive in the face of those wanting to destroy them, remove all for ever etc: progress you know, and wild horses don't "contribute"...sure they do, in their beauty, free spirit and the fact that the horse was one of the most important after human beings, in bringing this land to use in the first place. They worked right along side of man, they suffered, worked and gave their all, they died fighting to perserve it, they are still being used in the desert areas by the military, going where tanks and trucks can't go- they gave their bodies when man needed food, they are America's true natives right along with the Indian who first caught and trained and cared for them, and Elvis loved his horses-he made sure they were well cared for, properly trained and he even learned how to ride English as well as Western in order to properly ride those trained horses.
He was a true horseman, one look at the enraptured expression on his face as he is riding his Tennessee Walker-and it shows. Any other horse lover would easily recognize that look- it is bliss and awe at how it feels to ride when the horse is blazing away down the "trail" with perfect harmony between rider and the horse! I was proud to donate in his name-I wish I was wealthy, I'd save them all in his name. wjh

Last edited by Wanda June Hill on Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:16 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I could see to in Picture's of Elvis on his Horse's, it was like he Felt the Freedom that Flowed from the Horse to Him while he Rode. What a Very Special Ride it would have been, to be able to Ride with Elvis and see how he was and acted with his Horses. I know Elvis would have most certainly did something to give the Wild Mustangs a Home to where they could remain Free. :love:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:04 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

What a wonderful idea and thing to do in memory of Elvis and yes, he would've totally approved too, you betcha! :D :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:37 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Amen to That! :hug:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:20 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:D :) :P :hug: :love:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:54 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: :hug:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:08 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:D :) :P :hello: :hug:

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]