It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Save Circle G Ranch Campaign
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:53 pm 
Rainbow

Hi Everyone, I'm just back from Memphis, had a wonderful time. I wil post you all my news and pics from the trip later. However I just wanted to tell you about a lady I met Lesley Pilling from Lancashire England who has launched a campaign t.o save Circle G Ranch. I visited the ranch myself and was surprised at how run down it all is. The house where Elvis and Priscilla spent their honeymoon is just about falling down, and the whole place needs some tender loving care and restoration. It is currently up for sale for $5 million but no buyer seems willing to pay that price. Lesley is campaigning to find a buyer who will turn it into a park for fans to visit, and restore the ranch to how it was before when Elvis owned it. We know the ranch was very close to his heart, a place where he could be himself away from all the pressures of his life. I think try she is doing a great job of generating interest all over the world to try and secure it for future generations. She has a Facebook page 'Friends of Elvis' Save the Circle G Campaign, so maybe you could visit and leave her a message of support. Best wishes to y'all :)

Post subject: Re: Save Circle G Ranch Campaign
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:47 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

WELCOME BACK, Whitebud! :hello:

We'll be waiting for your tale on your Graceland visit. :P

Thank you for the information on the G Circle Ranch and the tip on a following campaign. Mmm... at the present and with such a big worldwide crisis I think it wouldn't be easy to find a way to save that place... :roll: Let's see what comes next...

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:19 pm 
Rainbow

Hi Amanda viola. Thank you for responding. Well i loved Memphis this is my second trip but this time myself and two friends went alone without a tour bus. There would be so much to write but I will confine myself to what stood out the most. Well of course Graceland is the number one, we walked down every day from Brooks Rd down Elvis Presley Boulevard which was a nice experience feeling those places Elvis would have known. The mansion itself and the meditation garden is so special I could have stayed forever the time never seems long enough. But the EPE remorselessly exploit Elvis' image to sell the ever expanding merchandise, which at the time you resent but when you get home somehow you are glad you did buy those tee shirts and key rings, its still a little bit of him and his home. I took the Elvis Memphis tour with Mike Freeman which was wonderful, a packed five hours of visiting different notable Elvis sites, off the beaten track, like Vernon's home he shared with Dee Stanley, the Audubon Drive home, and Lauderdale Courts when we went inside I was the only visitor, that was very special as I sat on the sofa and looked out the living room window, imagining Elvis coming up the street waving to his Mama.
We also visited Forest Hill cemetary and saw where Gladys' grave had been, we went inside the Mausoleum. It was the creepiest place I ever experienced, . all those dead people sealed up behind the marble facade the whole place smelt of death! Thank goodness Elvis was taken back to Graceland out of that awful crypt along with his mother. The fans still lay flowers there to mark the spot where he had been. The centre of Memphis is quite small only three streets, but there are many widely spread suberbs. We rode the buses,and being the only white faces there everyone was calling out "where y'all from?" Obviously not from round these parts! We saw indelible poverty in Memphis unbelievable for America, more like Africa in some places, but we only found kindness and smiles from the people. Sometimes I think Memphians are a bit bemused by all these foreigners coming over to express their love and loyalty to Elvis although everyone knows its his legacy that brings in millions of dollars. Peabody's Hotel is very quirky with the parade of the ducks for the daily ritual of their bath in the fountain. Its only a short walk from Laudadale Courts. Will tell you about my trip to Tupelo next post. :bouncy: :love:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:41 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Amanda and White Bud, I was So Hoping I would make it back to hear about your Trip. It sure sounds so Wonderful so Far, can't wait to hear about Tupelo. When I was on Face Book I was in that Group that is trying to save the Circle G Ranch, and it is such a Shame the Ranch can't be saved. But there is so Many Places that was a part of Elvis' Life, I wish they all could be saved. :love: :love:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:19 pm 
Site Admin

WELCOME BACK ROSELYN!!! WE CIR-TIN-ALLY MISSED YOU!!!

:bouncy: (A) :hug: :hello: :D

wjh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:51 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: WELCOME BACK, DEAR LADY OF THE FIELD OF ROSES!! :hug:

Rose-Lyn,

We have missed YOU! So glad that you could get your computer working again! I guess that you come with a whole open heart and renewed strength after the forced separation... :bouncy: Here we are again! :love:

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:09 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: :lol: :lol: I Bet I Missed You All Even More!! :P O HAPPY DAY WE ARE TOGETHER AGAIN!! :bouncy: :bouncy: :love: :love: :love:

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]