It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Cigars & Stars
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:09 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I've already mentioned this meditation in chat some months ago, but thought I'd now post it. It was a f/u to a dream I had & posted but will briefly summarize the dream here, so the meditation makes more sense.

I dreamt that I was slowly (taking nice long puffs) a cigar. (Keep in mind I don't smoke, never have & don't plan to). I woke up and the dream had been so vivid and realistic I could have sworn I actually smoked a cigar even tho' I smelled nothing and my lungs felt clear. The first thought which popped into my head was that this had something to do with Elvis and that this was some sort of joke.

Now for the meditation which took place a few days later. I wasn't tyring to get any answers to the dream; the following picture was simply shown to me.

I saw myself walking along a trail, the ground being in golden hues. Elvis was walking next to me in his white TTWG's suit, smoking a big cigar (not the skinny kind he smoked in real life). He had an impish grin and handed me the cigar saying, "here you try". And he looks at me with a big smile, twinkle in his eye, saying "see I was really there". (I had been doubting my initial belief that Elvis had something to do with the dream). He stars laughing.

Then he points to the brilliant orange sunset and says "see that star over there?". Thinking quietly, I'm puzzled by his question because the sky is bright & it's obvious I can't see any stars. He knows this, of course, and he just starts laughing and says, "you will". Then he's gone in flash and the vision has ended.

Last edited by Blue Moon on Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:42 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Sorry if I wasn't clear but I had the dream & then meditated on the dream.
I did feel that the meditation gave me the interpretation of the dream -- that Elvis was really there. More of a confirmation of what I already knew. But then the meditation also had the added part about seeing a particular star, and I'm not sure what is meant by that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:19 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Then he points to the brilliant orange sunset and says "see that star over there?". Thinking quietly, I'm puzzled by his question because the sky is bright & it's obvious I can't see any stars. He knows this, of course, and he just starts laughing and says, "you will". Then he's gone in flash and the vision has ended.

Hello Laurie,

That part about seeing the star: Maybe has to be with the fact that, at certain points of our process to ONENESS, one has to TRUST, without rational evidences.

Both the dream and the meditation, seems that lead you into trusting, into you having confidance that other realities are interrelated to this one we communly know and acting in/through us.

Maybe this is the stage you are now: to learn to have Faith in the reasons of the Heart, instead of attending the reasons of Reason.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:45 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Amanda, your interpretation makes a lot of sense. It settles well with my soul. I like it!!!
Your insight never ceases to amaze me. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:50 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Glad to hear that, Laurie! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:44 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

After I had finished with the meditation, a little poem came to mind, so I wrote it down. I sat on it for months because I kept hoping for more. But whenever I tried to add to it, it felt forced. Maybe more will come later.
It has to do with the soul of Elvis. I think it is too brief, but here it is thus far:

A sunlit soul that never dies
that spreads a smile
and winks an eye

A moonlit soul traveling far
reaching for the sunset
and the nearest falling star

-----Laurie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:58 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

beautiful Laurie.. :D wish I could write poems too but I have no such a talent I guess, not even below zero.. :roll: :oops: :lol: thanks for sharing...

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:38 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you for your kind words, Zey. I used to write poetry when young, but years in the high stress business world zapped a lot of artistic energy from me. I guess with this time off, some is starting to come back.

And you have so much talent wrapped in your fingers with your drawing gift. Wouldn't it be cool if there was a book of ELC poetry with one of your beautiful drawings to go with each poem? Just an idea. :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:37 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Laurie,

I love your little/great poem. I feel -almost- like you wrote it in my name. I think of myself as the moonlit soul many times and in reference to Elvis, many times too. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:08 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Laurie, your poem is very beautiful. It doesn't has to be long. :D

The best things are often these, that come spontanously from inside or above, like in your case! :wink:

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next