It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 7 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Healing sounds for the body and meditation
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:01 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Certain types of sounds & music can be very healing for the body and good for meditation. Tones and frequencies do make a difference in our energy level.
I have the CD in the below link. I play it every night when I go to sleep and can feel my body release from the stress of the day. There is also information about healing sounds in this link.
One testamonial even speaks of dolphins loving this CD:
Quote:
DOLPHINS
"You would probably cry with deep emotion if you could see the dolphins responding to HOLY HARMONY. Yesterday, I had a charter with two moms and 3 kids. I put the CD on and the dolphins came from all over their oceanic playground and just hung under the boat. We were going real slow and they would just lay on the bottom at times and were lulled to sleep. They would rise and show their eyes so I know they were listening in the air also. It was magical! They left all the other boats and all of a sudden I had all of the dolphins by me. My charter were absolutely in awe and so was I. Today was the second day and even more dolphins came and then on the afternoon charter there were still more. I am so very thankful." Capt. Vickie

Here is the link: http://steamventinn.com/holy_harmony/

Well I just wanted to share this with you because this music can also help put one in a meditative state. Perhaps some of you have other recommendations as well.
Wanda, was Elvis aware of the healing energy of certain musical tones? If so, did he try to incorporate them into his songs?

I have to say I'm curious now as to how dolphins would respond to Elvis' music.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:08 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you very much, Laurie. This is a matter that is of maximum interest for me, because I believe in the importance of creating positive resonances through music.

Quote:
I have to say I'm curious now as to how dolphins would respond to Elvis' music.

I'm curious too now. :wink:

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:48 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I thank you, too, Laurie, that is very interesting!
Just these days I bought a CD with the old Vedic GAYATRI MANTRA on it. I chant this myself mentally or aloud many times for protection and purification. It is a very old and powerful mantra. If you are interested you can find out about it in "Google". It is great for meditation, especially for me, as I am very inclined to the Vedic culture India.

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:18 pm 
Site Admin

Maia, will you send Mystic your Spiritheart Website info, she wants to see your artwork and other interests as well. I havent had much luck sending anything lately. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:33 pm 
Site Admin

SURE! :)

Post subject: Elvis and musical notes of healing
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:04 pm 
Site Admin

He was aware of the healing qualities of music and often said as much. When for instance he spoke of gospel music quieting his mind, relaxing and soothing the soul.
He said that certain notes viberated with the spirit within and that everyone has their own harmonic viberation and that when we hear music with those notes, we respond in like manner. Relaxing, excitation, soothing and harmony within. He tried to hit notes perfectly, to do otherwise would be wrong he said-not relate correctly to what it should be for others to hear. He didn't care for jazz music much because he said it was "jarring" to the senses in that the notes were not in harmonic symphony with each other-I can't began to explain what he meant but I find jazz music jarring also if that means anything. And certain types of rock music where the guitars are so screechy and lacking harmony bothered him as well-he didn't appreciate it much either.
He said that he was glad music was returning to having beautiful lyrics and music and that it was better for the human race to hear melodies with the proper harmonic notes than to hear constant disharmony, and that it could inspire irractic behavior and even violence if one listened too much. I remember him talking about cows giving more milk when they listened to classical music and he laughed about that, but then said he believed it.
He liked simple musical compositions and also, liked the orchresta to "blend" the softer things with the exciting things to follow and vice versa. He liked to listen to all kinds of music relating to his moods-I could tell quite often what his mood was like by the music in the background-when he was upset he would play things that related to what caused it. for about a week all I heard was Ray Charles' "It's Crying Time Again" over and over-and then he changed to "Can't Get No Satisfaction" by the Stones and it was kind of funny-he was angry at the time, going through a divorce-then he started recording all the sad songs, "Priscilla" songs my daughter calls them-one after another. He had to get it out of his system so he sang it out-that's what I think.
What you heard from Elvis is what you got...it was his life...in many ways...pouring out on those stages and on those records. His outlet and it was through musical notes...played and vocalized. Healing himself....and healing all those broken hearts out there too.
He said playing his guitar had helped him over many a hurdle through his life-the first time he tried playing it and managed to get the right notes, he said something inside him came to attention and listened. And it had been listening ever since. He said, "I just keep trying, I'll get it all right one day, soon...soon....just got to keep trying."
That was the perfectionist in him, he wanted to be perfect, yet knowing he would not ever be 100% perfect, he just kept trying. I wish I had that drive.
As far as healing with musical notes-yep-it's true and it does work. Even my horses like music-in the summer we turn on a radio for them-they like country/pop music best-I think it's the beat-it's relaxing and they stand around quietly relaxing. Foxx who danced to certain songs, and performed dressage to music, always perks up when he hears "his" show songs and he listens carefully to it-he always knew when he was to do this or that because he listened to the cues in the music. In one section he got to run and he was always on time and the right step the minute that note came. He didn't have to be cued by his rider-he just performed as taught at the right time in the piece. Even when there were no lyrics-he could do it preciscly. So all life can relate to musical notes-even plants. They also respond to their owners-I am living proof of that! I had beautiful indoor plants-thriving and healthy but when Elvis died and I was so depressed and down in spirit, my plants that were self watering, all died within days of each other. It was such a shock. That was the only thing that happened that was different-I changed-and they died. On the other hand, my sister in law had a plant that Elvis gave to her and it was big and beautiful, but it had never bloomed at all and she had it for about 3 years before he died. On his birthday, after his death, in January too, the plant had two beautiful large white blooms with a soft pink and sky blue center. One of them was accidently broken off by their dog. The other one stayed open and perfect for about 8 days and then over night the petals curled up and made a little package like a wrapped round gift. Inside were 4 seeds but they didn't sprout and grow because it only had the one bloom-so said the master gardner she asked. Her plant then died that year as they normally did only make seeds one time and then the parent plant dies. They live 10 to 12 years and bloom only once. The plant had leaves in the shape of hearts-it was a vine and it was very pretty. The heart leaves had markings on them that resembled a cross and I think the name of it was something to do with the Easter and the cross Jesus carried to the cruifixon. Elvis gave my sis in law's family the plant when her brother died. He told her that it was a start from a plant that his grandmother had brought with her and had been in the family for several years and he wanted her to have one.
I was told when inquiring about such a plant that it was a relative of the dogwood and grew in the south and represented the glory of heaven. Otherwise I don't know much about it. My sis in law said that the plant wasn't doing very well, but she moved it next to the stereo and she played Elvis records quite a bit and maybe that was why it finally bloomed...she was so sad and missed him and he was saying, look, I'm still here-and the plant bloomed and she felt like it was a sign from him...that he was still here. Maybe it was his healing voice and it responded by trying to survive and bloom.
Elvis also meditated with music and had tuning forks that represented his viberation. He chanted, and he vocally meditated and prayed aloud when he could. He said that he prayed daily, sometimes more than once and it gave him strength. He said he was always "sinning" he had to ask forgivness and try harder to live right according to God's plan for his life. He wasn't perfect, but he was trying every day. it's all any of us can do, he said. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:57 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you Christine for your recommendation, and Wanda for your very interesting reply!

Intuitive Gordon Michael Scallion has mentioned that baroque music is very healing for the soul, and especially the music of Bach. He doesn't say all classical music, but just the baroque music since the notes are in harmony with nature and therefore the human body.

I have also heard that Gregorian chants are very healing. I know I become very relaxed when listening to them. I also love to listen to the sounds of water.

And, of course, I love to listen to Elvis. I think of the love in Elvis and how that love energy comes through his music and has a positive effect on a person. There have been many stories of people being healed from listening to his music. And I guess we now have to add plants to that list. :D

One kind of music which really bothers my nerves is rapp. Even if the words are decent, the beat itself irritates my nerves.

I too had my plants die a few years back when it was a very sad time in my life. They were outdoor plants but well cared for and had been blooming beautifully for a few years. Yet they were very close to my sliding glass door in back. In other words, they were too close to me I think. Too bad it didn't occur to me to play them Elvis music, though as I have neighbors right on top of me, I couldn't have done it anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:45 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Elvis 's music is healing ..that's true for me..I guess I told here before that I noticed this and became a fan after I listened him, when I was burning with a temperature ..I was a sickly child then..
music can heal me when I'm harmonized with it,but if I'm not it can kill me as well, no exaggeration..unfortunately eastern paterns in music is terribly bad for my spirit..and five times a day that prayer callings from mosques really hurting my soul,whenever I have to hear that..and I find myelf cursing and hitting the windows to shut when they began shouting like that :roll: :evil: .. someone could torture and kill me with dissonant harmonies or some certain harmony patterns,including, todays popular music :lol: .My cats love classical music, baroque age specially just like their mother.. :P :wink: I can feel their peace when there's this kind of music playing..

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:13 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Zey, I feel bad for you that you have to listen to chantings which are not harmonious with your spirit. I can see why you would want to scream. Maybe some day you will live in a place where you will not have to listen to them.
I find that rap and some types of rock music bother me; though at least I am not forced to listen to it several times a day. But sometimes a neighbor plays the music loud, usually a kind I don't like and then other times, I'm in a store which plays unharmonious music. And then I can't wait to get out of there.

One thing I have which helps is a wall unit air conditioner. In the hot weather I turn it on and while it's very noisy, the sound is a loud low comforting hum. So all other sounds from the outside, including my neighbor's cel phone conversations (which she has on her deck) get blocked out.

And as for your story of being healed as a girl by listening to Elvis' music, maybe you can share with us again. I think I may have missed your post on that. It must be a precious story to tell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:56 pm 
Site Admin

If you listen when Elvis plays piano, and it's easy to know when he did because he always played certain notes and liked to roam the keyboad...and his slow songs, some of the music sounded like Bach and that was one of his favorite clasical musicians. I was surprised to learn that he was into all kinds of classical music, including Mario Lanza and some others I can't recall now. And of course he had gospel by all kinds of artists, country music, folk and rock and roll along with the New Orleans style music that he grew up loving to listen to and watch the performers. He dressed like them, wore his hair like them and tried to move and walk like them-and he could because it was natural for him anyway. He truly was a part of that culture and that time. Though he said a time or two, he didn't feel he belonged anywhere really, just didn't fit in to any ninch and maybe he wasn't supposed to this time around. He said it was a "lonely place" one he sometimes wished he wasn't in. Then he'd cheer up and be funny again. moody bird, that one. wjh

Page 1 of 7 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next