It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 4 of 4 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:06 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:05 pm 
Site Admin

Wanda, didn't Elvis used to refer to you as a mama tiger? I know in at least one phone call when you were angry at something negative someone had said about him, he said, "Go get'm Tiger!"

SPEAKING OF MOMMA TIGERS:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:07 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

What adorable pictures! The mamma tiger caring for the helpless little piglets (and not eating them!). Yes, I can see Wanda in the Mamma Tiger role.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:25 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Mother Tiger! Yes, it suits caring Wanda very much. :P

Such a lovely display of pictures, Maia. Thank you. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:10 pm 
Site Admin

Yes he did call me that a time or two-that I was "protecting my cub (him)" and he'd laugh at me or gently scold me when I was angry at the press or someone saying things that were so wrong about him and his shows etc:. And the 3 "blind mice" who did that book. He finally give in and say, Get them m....thers, just get 'em! Or Get 'em Tiger!" I told him I was a dragon and later he read some things from some of his books talking about the dragon symbolic meanings and how there had been dragons on the earth and some of them had been tamed to work with knights and help defend the "mother land". And that they were highly intelligent creatures, not mystical then and now were mystical and still around and that we could "tap" into their energy and do things men couldn't normally do as a result of the dragon power around us. Etc;. It was all very mystical and he went on and on and I didn't tape anything about it unfortunately and don't remember most or where he was reading from. He had Karate books, with all the mental and physical conditioning exercises that related to the different spirits of animals and using their technicques in battle etc:. And that they only used their strength and cunning for finding food or for protection of their family members, their homeland or themselves as a last resort... Anyway, he was the Tiger because of his stealth and grace and self control and his great spirit that stood "alone" yet was surrounded by those who needed him. He said the Tiger lives alone-they do not bond like lions and they only meet to mate and then go separate ways. The male tiger knows his kittens but he does not assit in raising them unless the female is injured or dead and then the male might take over feeding the cubs and protecting them. That' seldome happens he said. So he was the Tiger and he thought that I would be called "Lioness" as the mother lion would take in any orphan cub and care for it as her own... I said I would rather be the dragon
and he said, Oh it's hard to become the dragon-you have to work your way to the very top-and be a master to be the dragon...he hadn't made it there yet and wasn't sure he would ever as it wasn't easy to obtain.
He was thrilled to be a black belt though, really thrilled and humbled. Then he couldn't get anyone to take his jacket and belt down and have the emblems sewen on-he wanted to wear them and show his fans he had made it - that he had finally got to that degree after so long. Of course his guys said they just "gave it to him" because he was Elvis-not because he was any good at it.
I don't think so-he wouldn't have been so proud of them had that been the case. He fought for them, he studied and had they been going to just give it to him, it wouldn't have taken so long? Right!
I love those pictures! Animals are not less than a human, in many ways they are greater. Like the Black bear mother who came walking out of the burning forest carrying her small cub in her mouth. Her feet and legs were burned severely, but her baby's feet were not burned at all. She carried him no telling how far to save him from the flames. I only hope she didn't have twins as it would be so hard for any animal or human to have to choose which one to save. And live with that choice the rest of your life. She was a very brave and intelligent bear-she came out right to the where the fire crew was and they caught her and she was being treated and her cub taken care of and she will be released another place as soon as she is healed up. She is a hero. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:46 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

It's so understandable Elvis was so happy receiving the black belt as a recognizance to his quality and effort and wanted his fans would know about it...!

Those of his entourage could not see the godly soul they had in front of them, neither could believe the black belt was winned out of personal merit. Elvis had to turn to his fans for a feed back on it, because they connected directly to his soul and "knew" him by the heart. I guess he certainly needed that nourishment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:51 pm 
Site Admin

He had every right indeed Sue to be extremely proud and pleased with his Karate achievements. :D He worked so very hard at it--just like he did with everything in his life that he accomplished. :D

Page 4 of 4 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4