It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 7 of 10 [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: A little message.....
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:38 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I so enjoy Listening to you Wanda in Telling the Things Elvis had on his Mind, I Feel as though he were Telling me these Things in Person to. I so Wish he could have had his Family with him in the Holy Land, but it just wasn't Meant to be for Some Reason. But at Least I hope in some way that His Daughter and his Ex- Wife come to know this, what Elvis' Dream was. :love:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:30 pm 
Rainbow

I was lucky enough to go to Jerusalem for only one day about 15 years ago. It is the most amazing place. Each stone is so overlayed with history and so many changing cultures as Jerusalem has rarely known peace and always someone wants to own it. It is very dry and barren set amid stony hills. But I understood why it was so fought over, being there the power it has just grabs hold of you and becomes something you would die for. Hard to explain but unlike anywhere else on earth. I walked on the same route that Jesus carried the cross to Golgotha just outside the city walls, and went to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre where the cracked rock on which the cross stood still remains. All I could sense was God's anger at the crucifixtion of His Son! Strange as that might sound. What else struck me was the imagery of the parables, sheep and goats grazing together in sparse pasture, and the black thorn bushes with the biggest sharpest thorns you could imagine. It was very exciting and evocative and tbrought two thousand years of history right before your very eyes. Something you remember for ever, Elvis would have soaked it all up, and the amazing thing now I just remembered was on the way to Jerusalem the coach stopped off at a resaurant that was dedicated to Elvis!!! There was a big statue of him out front dressed for Vegas, and inside it was all dedicated to the Elvis theme, music, photos etc The owner was a die-hard fan who wanted to share his passion with all the passing pilgrims like me.

It all seemed so incongruous at the time - Elvis in Jerusalem!! But now I think not so much, Elvis would have found that very funny, and he is the Bell Sheep after all!!
Lots of love Whitebud

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:07 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: WOW! A Restaurant in Jerusalem with a Elvis Theme, he would have been so Amazed. What a Neat and Interesting Story, Thank You White Bid for Sharing. :love:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:27 pm 
Site Admin

Wouldn't he absolutely love that! He mentioned so many times of wanting to
go there, and apparently if he met someone from there or who had been there,
he "pinned them to the wall, the chair, the spot - and questioned and listened,
and commented and relived it with them. He was very, very into some of those
countries and felt that he might have at in past times, been someone who lived where there was desert sands etc , and he had dreams about being there in the past.
It might have been because he read and studied so much about those times, or
he might have had "other lives" and was able to "touch them" in the lifetime he
had during our time here. Who knows. That is just another of those glorious
things he spoke about knowing when he took that journey from this life into the
next spiritual life. He believed and I do also, believe that one day we will be all
knowing and perhaps have a choice of whether to come back here again or not-
personally, right now, I would not choose to do that. How about you all?
some people I've met this time around would in a heartbeat, but me, no I do not
wish to return any time soon... but who knows, maybe later on down the eon of
time... wjh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:17 pm 
Owl

You know Wanda this is something I have wondered about. I have read that Elvis believed in reincarnation but, he also spoke about going to heaven to see Jesus and his mother. I didn't think that people who believed in reincarnation thought that someone goes to heaven when they die.
Also what is your take on all the spiritual searching Elvis did? They always make it sound like Elvis was so confused by it all. Do you think he was confused?
Camille

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:47 pm 
Site Admin

We talked a bout reincarnation...but not like most take that to mean. He believed that when we die our spirit lives on...it goes to another place (Heaven) or what ever it may be known as and that we continue on there. He felt we could study,
we could learn what we needed to or wanted to learn and IF we felt we could be
of more help on earth, we had the choice of returning in another body and living our life again, OR we could choose to remain in spirit form and if there was a divine purpose we might be sent down as a personal helper for those on earth or
as a helper for others...in a physical form that was a spiritual form but looked real to other people on earth...or that we could come in spirit and no one would see
or know except the ones we were there to help. We discussed all that and angels and the fact they are very different and NOT human forms at all, but made to serve God and only came to humans when directed to do so. It was complicated
but he seemed to know and understand what he was talking about...he always did
and if he had questions we might discuss what they could be, but he knew far
more than I. Elvis did understand what he read, if he was confused he went
looking for direction and help and I do not think those who talk about his reading material and what he thought etc were all that capable of understanding what he knew or read or spoke of....they were not into that
sort of thing, so how could they judge him? Because he might question and
wonder about something did not mean he was not UNDERSTANDING and trying
to learn more. It's like working on cars...those who used to work on the older type cars do not understand the newer working ones...and so, they are not
able to fix them as they used to do. If they began to study to learn, it might
seem like "greek" to their friends who don't bother trying to learn...but eventually the one studying passes up their friends in knowledge and sometimes
those left behind friends, tend to "judge the one who studied" by their own
limited understanding. Same for Elvis... he never said he was a genius or
had much knowledge and regretted he did not go to college...but he studied,
he learned and he enjoyed it. Not every one likes to study, anything. He was surrounded by quite a few normal people who did not enjoy hearing anyone tell them they should learn more about the Bible and living accordingly and saying they were all sinners" and etc.... Elvis included himself among "sinners" and he prayed for forgiveness. He said he made mistakes, but God knew him, he made him and he'd understand when he goofed things up. He described God's relationship with his children as a "loving parent who understands his children and forgives them, looking the other way when necessary". wjh

Last edited by Wanda June Hill on Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:09 pm 
Rainbow

Great answer Wanda! I think you explained his thinking very well. It always seems to be a contradiction between what is interpreted from the Bible and reincarnation. In the early days of Christianity reincarnation was totally accepted and Jesus himself spoke of John the Baptist's previous incarnation as Elijah. It was only later when Christianity was taken over by the Roman Empire for political reasons that the belief about reincarnation was omitted, along with many other teachings of Jesus, which were locked away in the Vatican.
I think Elvis understood spiritual things at a very deep level he was always seeking the anwers and like everything else he did was the trailblazer in new thinking and ideas, leaving those around him lost in his wake. His relationship with Sri Daya Mata must have helped him understand the thinking on reincarnation from the East which I think he very successfully integrated into his Christian understanding of the Bible. Jesus said 'In my Fathers House are many mansions' meaning Heaven has many levels, and nooks and crannies no dooubt where spirit souls of similar understanding and weight can learn and develop together. Just hope I can join Elvis in his! :) Love Whitebud

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:01 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: White Bud I to also Hope I can Join Elvis in his Mansion on the other side, I hope that Camille will Understand more about Elvis' Understanding of the Bible and Reincarnation from Wanda and You. :hug:

Last edited by Rose-Lyn on Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:35 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hi Wanda, Rose-Lynn, and Whitebud, I agree with you and also hope joining Elvis !!!!! I feel he understood very much and KNEW through his intuition and his well developed Sixth sense, which he claimed to possess and I believe it! (A)

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:18 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Sarena Yes Elvis was a Very Intelligent Person when it came to the Bible and other Spiritual Matters, he was Way Ahead of his Time! :hug:

Page 7 of 10 [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next