It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: OUR ZEY NEEDS HELP AND SUPPORT.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:54 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hello, dear friends!

Our dear Zey-Zia, :love: that marvelous artist who draws such beautiful and sensible images of Elvis, is going through a very difficult time, along with her mother and brother. Lets hold in our heart an open way for them to be able not only to survive the present severe scarcity, but to find the joy of living in ABUNDANCE at all levels of being. AND SO IT IS! :)

(Remember those fantastic T shirts with her Elvis drawings printed one could buy? Anyone here has an idea of the kind to help their finances...?)

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject: Re: OUR ZEY NEEDS HELP AND SUPPORT.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:48 pm 
Sun Dial

:( I'm so sorry to hear about Zey's Problems and well be praying for her and her Family, are you saying that Zey is wanting to sale T-shirts with the drawing's of Elvis she had done or she is already saleing them? If so I sure would like to buy one and how much are they, I well let Wanda know about this to. :love:

Without you I am nothing an could never be so bold. The times we've shared, the laughter and the tears. Priceless memories, treasures all. How could I ever fail? With you I don't fear that at all. Elvis Presley!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:56 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

What I'm saying Barb, is that she is under high anguish due their extreme financial shortage. I remembered that T shirts thing and only brought it here as a referential possibility... I know we can't sell any stuff here... :roll: but surely Wanda knows a way for getting one T shirt or more, or some of her drawings... I'm not too good in these matters. Maybe there are between us someone more expert in ways to bring an artist's work to potential customers, who could help her in such theme. 8)

Lets keep focused and under our heart's light their way out from difficulty to open soon.
:hug:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:29 pm 
Sun Dial

:hello: Amanda I emailed Wanda about your post yesterday, and Wanda was wondering if people would buy Zey's Tee Shirts has a donation or a gift if Zey wouldn't get into trouble from EPE in using Elvis' image? So that is one idea, and I'm not sure if anybody can do any kind of buying or saleing on Face Book but if a person can then Zey could try and have people buy has a donation or a gift of one of the Tee Shirts that Zey makes? At least this is a thought to, I know all to well how it is to not have much money to live on and not very healthy to work anymore. :love:

Without you I am nothing an could never be so bold. The times we've shared, the laughter and the tears. Priceless memories, treasures all. How could I ever fail? With you I don't fear that at all. Elvis Presley!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:55 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Oh Barb... probably Wanda is right...! I never thought of image rights or whatever... :( Maybe she could make business directly with EPE, selling them her art as to have it at Graceland stores.

The pity is that artists don't know how to deal businesslike. She would need a professional to guide her... Anyone here around...? 8)

Last edited by Amanda Viola on Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:27 pm 
Site Admin

When someone paints or sketches or carves an image even of a celebrity who's famous etc, your own personal art work, paintings etc is YOUR own...I am pretty sure that is still how it is...one cannot
take the exact photo of someone and put it on an object etc...but I am pretty sure you can draw a picture or paint it or carve it and resemble the person's face etc...or what ever as LONG AS IT IS YOUR HANDIWORK via an artist pencil or with brush and paints...
Now if you are making something like Mr. Potato head...etc...or a bobble doll you have to make sure someone else is not doing them
and selling them etc... under a license. I could use the art drawing
of Danny Berg for the dust cover of our first book because it was HIS
drawing/sketching and his alone...NOT a photograph someone took
of Elvis. Photographs are licensable as they are the exact image
of the person posing etc...but a drawing of that image is NOT
or was not considered copying the photo exactly because in painting you incorporate your own ideas...a camera doesn't do that.
That is what the law was back then and I don't think it's changed
all that much if any. It's pretty well covered. EPE sold the rights
to use his name and image on products... so the thing Zey would
do is make the portrait from her own ideas and change them a tad
so they do not exactly copy whatever etc. Even to putting in a
different background...that sort of thing. I am not a legal expert,
but I did learn that way back in 1978-79...and our book jacket cover passed the test at that time. Danny drew his own "picture" using
shots of Elvis and incorporating what he wanted to say via his
drawing for our book jacket. He captured a lot of moods from Elvis'
lifetime in several little drawings for the front cover. Including anger
and hurt in the eyes and face of Elvis' many moods.
Some people didn't like it, some raved about it and other's thought
he did a really nice job of capturing Elvis in many moods.
We used the photo taken by a friend on the back of the book...it was
one of my favorites... Sean Shaver had really good photos and so did our other photographer friend and we used with their permission
several of those for our book but Danny did the dust cover front
by hand with charcoal.
Probably Zey or someone who knows how can go on line and find
all this regarding using someone's image etc...and then send it to
Zey.
thanks, sorry I am not a computer anything...or I would give it a try
for her. Where she lives they only can use a computer for a certain period of time, on any given day...lots of countries do that I guess. wjh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:05 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I emailed Zey on this idea of making business directly with EPE. She already did it in the past but they denied that possibility due the great amount of artists offering continuously their work, so they have their quota fulfilled.

Lets keep her in our hearts, holding the space for her, seeing her finding joyously her place of ABUNDANCE. And lets do also the same, for any others ELC's friends traveling such a hazardous time.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]