It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: 2007 hope its a healing year
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:36 am 
Sun Dial

juliepresleyfan wrote:
i hope and pray that 2007 will be a healing year, theres so many people passing over recently , our neighbour len died just before christmas , and his widow celia seems lost , i dont know what to do to help, but just follow my heart, will elvis or god or both let me know what to do, as im clueless really, i wish i knew , but i hope the right thing will come to me in time.

me and my mum recently went collecting for flowers as in uk we do that , so neighbours and friends can if they wish give a little for a wreath from the neighbourhood, but celia his widow said no flowers, some people do that but its kind of sad dont you think if theres no flowers, but we have to go along with her wishes, so she said the money would go the local hospice instead to help dying people, £40.00, was raised and a card signed by all of us, we in my family gave some too,

the funerals tomorrow , my mum was going to go, but we arent sure now,so we have been kind of preoccupied with that lately, dont know whats happening tomorrow will see when the day dawns i suppose.

theres seems lately ive heard of so many people and their heartbreaking losses, its kind of hard not to take it in too much, but still be there with a kind word is a must, i just hope as i say that 2007 will be a healing year, and not a overwhelming year.

our poor neighbour celia is really lost , and you can actually feel it when she comes to our house, its not her fault i know, but you must all have experienced it maybe, how do you take in the sadness thats keenly expressed and somehow try to not let the feeling get to you , i feel for others but sometimes if it overwhelmes me , ive got to try and help the person in front of me, and then somehow impart a feeling of healing maybe to them, but how do i do that ,

i guess when you can feel and sense someones pain , like i seem to do, its not easy to not be overwhelmed by it and take it on yourself, do you get what im saying , dont know how to put it, especially when its all around and even next door too, i even fellt guilty if i laughed at christmas
time,i felt like i should be sombre, but its not a good feeling is it, my dad gets to me too, he gets a bit irriitable lately and thats not helping any, i feel kind of vunerable lately, but i know i must comfort those that come to us , i guess it will work out in the end, and i will know what to say to celia our neighbour, what i sense from her is something kind of heavy, sort of how do i put it, stifling, heady , sort of gut wrenching , hope it gets lighter the feel, and that somehow i can help.

anyway must not be selfish must i, allways trying to think of others first, but at same time must not take too much of the clostra phobic feel of it in .but let it go with peace .
reckon i will sort it out , any clues gals, ?, and its our dear elvis birthday tomorrow too, dont know if we are going to Lens funeral, tomorrow jan 8th
oh and its our dear little hollys (cat) 8th birthday tomorrow too , so thats a lighter note isnt it,
julie

Julie I am sure if your neighbour has wonderful support like you she is going to make it through this....

Toomorow morning I am going to the Elvis memorial at the Mebourne general cemetary to Place some flowers and it will be a day of reflection for me i guess...

I am going to watch some of My Elvis DVDs when i get home and watch the 2nd part of the DVD you sent me aswell. It should be interesting.

I hope you feel better.

TCE,
Natalie :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:07 pm 
Julie People show their emotions in different ways when they have lost a Loved One, and sometimes when these emotions are different they are hard to understand. If I were you I would let your neighbor have some time to herself, but keep a check on her to let her know she isn't alone. Keep her in your Prayers, and I feel when she is ready she well come around when she is ready to talk. I hope this is some HELP! FairyTale!

Last edited by Barbara Lea on Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:32 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Julie, I agree very much with Fairytale!
I think it is helpful to show your sympathy and COMPASSION, but not in that way that you yourself feel dragged down. Only if we keep our cheerfulness within (which is a divine quality) we are really able to help others. You are just you and that authencity is so important.
I have learned to stand up to my true nature and not pretend to be someone else just to please someone....that's hypocracy.

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:21 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I missed this thread... :roll:

I'm totally in accord with Sarena too!

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:33 am 
Site Admin

I missed it too. :oops: :roll: I am in complete agreement with you too Sarena.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:37 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I still agree myself :wink: :) , now more even than 6 months ago :wink:

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:44 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I missed this thread I do agree with all you said Serena!

Talia

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]