It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 3 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:26 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
it scares me so much because I have a feeling I have not only lost my dad to it but also will be losing others to it aswell.

Natalie,

That feeling you have is natural. It's called Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome. When a shocking circunstance is lived by us, like the one you have just lived, there is left the fear that that kind of situation will repeat. Other fears may appear too, relationed to the main one. It will desappear with time.

It is a good thing that when that kind of feelings gets hold of you, to remind to give it its proper name (PTSS). This way, you determinate what it is and doing so, to detach yourself from it, gaining some perspective, thus freeing yourself from it, bit by bit, until it desappears totally some time later. Time is a good allied for many things.

Warm hugs and lots of LOVE go your way, dear friend.

Last edited by Amanda Viola on Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:18 pm 
I HAVE BEEN PRAYING NONSTOP FOR GINETTE, AND I KNOW THE LORD WELL BRING HER BACK UP. I KNOW IF SHE WOULD HEAR WHERE KNOW ONE STANDS ALONE, AND HE TOUCHED ME ELVIS WOULD HELP GINEETTE FEEL THE LOVE THAT ELVIS WAS AND STILL IS. FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:17 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

hello Circle of E

How is Ginette doing at this moment, does anyone know?

kira

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:16 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Dear Kira,

If you go to General Thread, you'll find a post from Ginette, asking help for a friend. The post in under "Please help!!!" title.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:41 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I will keep Ginette in my prayers and thoughts!
I hope she gets better very soon!

Talia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:16 pm 
Sun Dial

Amanda wrote:
Quote:
it scares me so much because I have a feeling I have not only lost my dad to it but also will be losing others to it aswell.

Natalie,

That feeling you have is natural. It's called Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome. When a shocking circunstance is lived by us, like the one you have just lived, there is left the fear that that kind of situation will repeat. Other fears may appear too, relationed to the main one. It will desappear with time.

It is a good thing that when that kind of feelings gets hold of you, to remind to give it its proper name (PTSS). This way, you determinate what it is and doing so, to detach yourself from it, gaining some perspective, thus freeing yourself from it, bit by bit, until it desappears totally some time later. Time is a good allied for many things.

Warm hugs and lots of LOVE go your way, dear friend.

Amanda i know what you are saying is right. My husband wants me to get some help but I just dont want to talk to anyine about it. I dont think they could help anyway...

People keep saying time will help but i just dont know about that. I feel like part of my soul has died and I can never get it back.

I have to try and be strong and pull myself out of this because this horrible feeling is pulling me down. My health is suffering and emotionally I am a wreck. It would be alot easier if I had support of family but the truth is I have no family left and if it was not for my husband I dont know what I would do.

I have decided to start pushing myself really hard with exersising. I am going to take up running because I have noticed when I push myself to exhuastion it makes me feel better.

Thankyou for your support :)

Natalie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:19 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

To exercise the body is good, because it makes the energy keep on flowing. Only be aware of your BREATH, to get it smooth and deep any time, whatever you do.

Exhaustion is negative, it's a way to fight Life, in a battle against it. It is OK when it comes from a meaningul effort -f.i. saving our life from a bear attack- but it's agressive to oneself when it is senseless. I find it useful for you to run, but keeping your heart open to Life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:10 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:10 am 
Julie and Natty, we are all one Big Family here. AT the Head of this Family is Elvis, he always made people feel that they were important. I alsok now the Lord Loves each and everyone here the same, so when one here at ELC is feeling worthless and Down we all feel it. So don't ever think your a Burden, if you need to talk to someone pm me or anyone here. We all are here for you! ok? FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:39 am 
Sun Dial

FairyTale wrote:
Julie and Natty, we are all one Big Family here. AT the Head of this Family is Elvis, he always made people feel that they were important. !

I know and I am trully blessed I really am. This is such a beautiful site and I have never "met" so many wonderful people that I feel understand me. There is something very special happening here :D :D

Page 2 of 3 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next