It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: I have been away awhile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:32 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

It has been some time since I posted on the forum. There have been many stresses that I have endured and I am trying to crawl out from under them and walk back into the light.
And it is bothering me that the city of Memphis is doubling prices so that it can "cash" in on the 30th anniversary of the death of Elvis' physical form. This tells me that it is really maybe not a tribute to Elvis taking place there in August, but instead the figuring going on to make every penny that can be made from the death of sweet, loving and loved Elvis Presley.
I hope that on that day that we here on the forum can draw together in love and in friendship to talk about what Elvis gave to all of us and not focus on the circus that will be Memphis during that week.

73smile

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:23 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Light and dark may go together. One defines the other. In dense matter level, Elvis may mean money to some. In a subtler level, he means LOVE to many. :wink:

Wish you the best, Marjorie. Millions of Love's bubbles!

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:39 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome back! I hope we see you more on here. It helps to share our troubles and thoughts. As for your remarks, I think that we will. Money was always around when Elvis was in the spotlight. And yes, EPE does want to make money-but in turn Lisa is putting a large portion of that money where it can do some real good for a number of needy people. She has her feet planted and will keep doing good deeds in her father's memory I think, as well as her own upbringing (by him mostly) and too, Elvis always did support a large number of people during his days of life as Elvis Presley. He gloried in the fact that he could do that-that he was the center of the organization and their "job". It made him feel important, needed and that was a strong need in Elvis, from early on in life. He satisfied it by working, having a big group of employees and keeping things going and them "happy". Then there were the fans and the people he came across, heard of or ran into that he could help as well.
It's sad that his home can't be free but there is a huge upkeep on it-it's an older home, glorified with paint and upkeeping it is difficult I'm sure. I just hope they replaced the rotted out door facings and entrance in the front! I'm sure they have by now-it was just so fragile-only paint holding it together in places-that was one of the first things I noticed as I entered the place-I thought oh no! Termites! Just the sheer number of people walking into the place, walking on the floor etc: would require some heavy upkeeping and replacing of old wood etc:...to continue having that constant weight and wear.
I can't imagine what they must have to do constantly to keep it nice. I do wish though that they didn't charge so much that some people can't come due to the costs of getting there and then the cost of getting in to see things. To be with Elvis. That's what most want to do-be with Elvis- at his home and share which was what he liked to do-share everything he could with them. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:28 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Lots of people who visit recently say the house desperately needs some special care.

With all the money there is why can't it be done. :roll:

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]