It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 7 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:00 am 
Site Admin

It certainly is! Tonight we lost our 19 year old dog Sarah
Mae who I found as very large young puppy tied on the off ramp of a busy freeway-held by a long string that allowed her to get into the traffic. She was cowering against the metal guard rail when I saw her. I went on down and found a place to pull off, then hiked back up the freeway and the ramp to get her. She was about 8 weeks old but quite big, and tan with floppy ears. I think and so did the vet that she was boxer/shepherd mix or maybe rotweiler mix as she had shorter hair than a shepherd. She was a good dog, very smart and very needy for affection. Shortly after we lost our white lab so Presley our black lab/chow mix female was Sarah's mentor until last year when she had to be put to sleep-she was nearly 15 and was in misery so it had to be done. That left us with Sarah and Rose a half cayote/shepherd. And then we acquired Flanders who is half wolf, great pyrnees and shepherd. Now we just have Rose and Flanders...and our house dog has gone on to be with Olga, Presley, Patches and Bear our other dogs and they all knew each other. We, Sarah and I had just spoken of them all by name yesterday as I saw that she was feeling low and not her self. It was her heart I believe and it was fast. She was at home, in the house with Jimmie and lying at his feet on the rug when she had a bad time breathing and went quickly with him, her person the most, holding her head. He is devastated-he lost his white olga who adored him too and his Presley and now his Sarah-all the dogs adored him because he treated them like spoiled kids and bought treats for them every time he went out and came back. Anyway,
just wanted to share this as it is painful in some ways and yet very special and heavenly in others. I told her today she could go with Olga, Presley and Patches if she wanted to go, that we didn't want her to stay here and be feeling so bad. It was okay if she just needed to go, we would understand and it would be okay. She layed her head on my lap and I talked to her about all the cats she knew by name who have gone on, the dogs and even the chickens and she perked up and smiled her big doggy smile and her eyes lit up. She understood. And tonight when she came in with us, she lay down and was slightly coughing and breathing hard in bursts, I patted her, took off her collar and got her pillow and told her again it was okay if she needed to leave us because she would be here in spirit and we would know that. She didn't have to keep her body to be with us. She licked my hand and lay her chin on her pillow. An hour later she was gone. We have an animal cementary on a rise under a tree in our front yard-they all have rock stones on their graves, I try to find a big stone that matches the color of the animal so I can keep up with who's who and where. We have a place for her next to Olga and Presley. I have some statues there, St. Francis, two angels, one that was Elvis' and used to hang in his bedroom when he was a youngster-it's old, and crumbling but he gave it to me for our animal cementary at our place in Garden Grove and I brought it here. Then I have a ceramic bird for one of our cats, and croses for the others. Tiny yellow and white daffadills are planted so they come up and bloom in the spring. The other animals know this is where their pals are and some of them sit on the stones now and then, they never dig there. When Olga was buried, Presley whom Olga taught things to as a puppy, used to go lay on the flat stone on her grave. She knew. And we encourage that for their benefit. I talk to the cats about all the cats that they came with here and who have gone on and they remember. I talk to the horses about those who have gone and they sure remember! I think it's important to keep that connection as it helps them and their people too. Thanks for sharing this with us. In Love. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:16 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss your dog, Wanda. I think it must hurt very much to loose a beloved pet, even while still knowing you will be with her and all your deceased pets one day again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:24 am 
Site Admin

Rainbow Light wrote:
So sorry to read of the loss of Sarah Mae, Wanda! :( Pets become so much members of our families that while, as Laurie so rightly says, even while we know we will meet our beloved animals again one day, it still hurts a lot to lose them on this Earthly plane!

I agree Sue and Wanda I am so sorry for your loss. :( We lost a very beloved family pet a couple of years ago too and she is still very missed and loved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:30 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Continued love and prayers go to them!

Mine too.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:52 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I am sorry about your lose Wanda!
I will continue to pray for this little girl and her family!

Talia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:44 pm 
Site Admin

Positive thinking and my love and prayers continue to go out to all of them for Madeleine to be found safe and sound and for all of them to be able to be together as a family again soon. Thanks for sharing this latest information with us Sue-Lenora.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:15 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

My heart cries feeling these feelings.... :cry: :cry:

Quote:
"Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Father, send now Your Spirit over the earth. Let the Holy Spirit live in the hearts of all nations, that they may be preserved from degeneration, disaster and war. May the Lady of all nations, who once was Mary, be our Advocate, Amen”

Madeleine and her family are in any of my prayers.....

And Wanda, I´m so sorry to hear losing your dog...... but I really BELIEVE there is a PET-HEAVEN, don´t you think, sweet Wanda? I still have "contact" with my dogs "ELVIS" and "MAX" :wink: They give sweet memories..... :P

My Never Ending LOVE for ALL of YOU
Ka´rala

http://www.youtube.com/user/thebluebutterfly4u

"DREAMS COME TRUE in BLUE HAWAII"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:41 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

It is so strange Wanda, but I never saw your post on Sarah's passing away 'till now.

I absolutely admire your relationship with animals, all the good you do to them, your communion with them. They are and have been very fortunate to share their life with you. When the time comes, you'll be so much sorrounded by the love of so many, human and animals that will welcome you to the new Realm... It will be beautiful to see and I hope to be able to witness it.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:33 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Amen to that!

Talia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:11 pm 
Site Admin

AMEN!!! :D :D

Page 2 of 7 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next