It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: A Positive Thought....
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:54 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Sweet Aloha :D

I couldn´t resist.... had to post this positive message..... Hope this is of help for someone :oops:

Quote:

The Grace that Redeemed the World
by: Robert A. Schuller

When I was in high school my father told a story that I remember to this day. The story was about a little boy who built a boat. I pictured in my mind a sailboat and he polished the hull, had it all painted and spent weeks and months building this boat until it was just right. Then he took it down to the river to let it sail. At first he jumped for joy because the boat sailed so well. But then when he couldn’t run along the shore fast enough to catch it, his happiness turned to sorrow as he watched his boat just sail off into the distance, never to be seen again.

Some time later, he was downtown with his mother. They walked past the toy store and there in the window of this toy store was this magnificent beautiful boat and his eyes popped out of his head, he couldn't believe it. It was his boat! In the window of the toy store! Somebody had found it, taken it to the toy store, sold it to them and they were so impressed by this boat that they stuck it in the front window with a for sale sign on it! So he went into the store and said, "Excuse me sir, that’s my boat." The shopkeeper answered, "I’m sorry son you have to buy that boat before it’s your boat." The boy said, "No, you don’t understand. I made that boat with my hands. That is my boat in the window!" The shopkeeper said, "Son I don’t know whether you built that boat or not, but I bought that boat. That boat is mine but I’d love to sell it to you. All you have to do is get the right amount of money and you come back here and that boat is all yours."

The boy was very discouraged because he didn't have any money. He worked himself to the bones, saving all of his nickels and dimes and dollars, whatever he could until he finally had enough money. He went running back to the toy store and he bought his boat back. He held on to the boat and he walked out of that store saying you are my boat, you are my boat. You are twice my boat! First, you are my boat because I made you. Secondly, you’re my boat because I bought you.

That is the way God looks at every single one of us. You are twice His boat - First, because He made you. He made you just the way you are with all the beautiful characteristics that you have. Every tweak and nuance, every idiosyncrasy and gift that you have is part of what God wanted you to have because God made you that way. Then God sent His Son, Jesus Christ, as a baby. He sent Him into this world so that whoever believes in Him will experience the joy of His grace. God buys you back and you are God’s twice over. First because He made you, then because He bought you.

There is a scripture text I wish to refer you to. It is from Ephesians and it is one of my favorite verses. It is as follows: "By grace that you have been saved, through faith and this is not from yourselves, it is a gift of God. Not by works so that no one can boast. For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works which God prepared in advance for us to do. For it is by grace that we have been saved." (Ephesians 2:8 ) I can’t tell you how often I’ve shared the gospel with people in a conversational form and one of the questions that I’ve been asked numerous times is "saved from what?" Have you ever been asked that question if you are talking about the gospel with someone? Saved from what? The traditional answer to that question is, "You’re saved from hell and damnation and fire." It is the traditional answer that we hear when we say we have been saved by grace. We are saved. The answer is true. But I would say in addition to that we have to remember that God’s grace casts a big net. His grace is all encompassing.

One of the first miracles that Jesus did after He rose from the grave, was He appeared before the apostles. The apostles were out fishing and they had been out all night and they had not caught a thing. Jesus spoke to them and said, "Cast your net on the other side." When they did cast their net on the other side they pulled in such an incredible harvest of fish that they practically broke their nets. I believe it is an example of what Christ does in our world today. He casts a huge net and His nets are full with the grace of His redeeming love.

For many years here at the ministry we have been distributing a little card, called: "My Ticket to Heaven." This is just a little something that we printed a long time. The card simply says this: "Anyone who comes to Me I will in no way cast out." - Jesus Christ. Underneath that you simply sign the card to indicate you accept it. It is a very simple little piece of plastic and it costs us about 50 cents to send out this Ticket to Heaven. When we ask people to send a donation most people do and we have sent out literally thousands of these.

This past week we were talking about different budget cuts that we may have to enter into because we’re having some financial struggles. It was brought to my attention that it costs us about $15,000 last year to print and distribute these Tickets to Heaven. I was asked, "Do you think we should cut it out of the budget?" Guess what I said. I said, "No, we will keep distributing Tickets to Heaven!" We want people to realize that God casts a big net and I want to encourage people to get one of these cards. You can go online, you can order one. We’ll send it to you. If you want to send us a contribution you can. It doesn’t matter. We want to send you Tickets to Heaven. We have sent out thousands of these and we’ll continue to send out thousands of these because God casts a big net.

I think we’re far more than just saved from separation from God, from hell. I think the message is far deeper and more profound when we realize there is something that takes place when we accept the grace of Jesus Christ. We are saved from our negative thinking. It is negative thinking that just continues to demoralize us as individuals, as people, as a nation, as a community. The demoralization says, "I’m not good enough. I’m not rich enough. I’m not slim enough; I’m not whatever it is." You can get into this enormous "enough-ness" thinking where we think I’m never enough, I’m not good enough, I’m not happy enough. The grace of Jesus Christ redeems us from this negative thinking so we can understand the beauty and the reality of who we are in Jesus Christ. We can get away from the lies that hold us back from being all we are. The lie says that, "I am a sinner because I sin." That is a lie. You may not even recognize it as a lie and you may not recognize it until I tell you the truth. The truth is that you are a saint who still sins. You are a saint! You have been redeemed by God. You have been surrounded with His grace. You’ve been purchased by Him and you are a saint. The lies are that my identity comes from whatever I can do. The things that I have done make me who I am. That is a lie. The truth is that your identity comes from God and what God has done for you. That is the truth. The lie is that my behavior tells me what to believe about myself. The truth is that your belief about yourself determines your behavior. Negative thinking is eradicated when we accept and realize this beautiful promise of Jesus Christ that through His grace we are redeemed.

The next question is we are saved from what? I would take it a little different and say we are saved for what. What are we saved for? We have been saved for a purpose and for a reason. God has given us His grace and redeemed us so that we can be empowered and strengthened and motivated and inspired to be the people that God has called us to be. Our purpose is to do what God has called us to do and to aspire to that which He has envisioned for our lives.

On December 10, 2006 in Oslo Sweden, the Nobel Peace Prize was presented to a gentleman from Bangladesh. His name is Mohammed Yunus. Do you know what he does? He loans small amounts of money to extremely impoverished people. He will loan two, three hundred dollars, sometimes even a hundred dollars to someone. As far as they are concerned it is a years worth of salary. It gives them the ability to be able to get out of the trap they have found themselves in and to free themselves from financial bondage. It gives them the ability to be what they have been called to be. For this he has received the Nobel Peace Prize.

When I say extreme poverty, I’m talking about the 800 million people in the world who live on less than $350 a year. If you loan $300 to someone in that situation, it’s an enormous sum of money. For example there was a young woman who said she was able to buy a sewing machine and now she can sew clothes and she is earning a living to be able to get an education for her children.

We are called by God for a purpose, for a reason. We were created by Him with special talents and gifts and abilities. We have been saved by Him to be able to use these talents in a way that will glorify His name. Let us remember these words: "We are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works." (Ephesians 2:10) We are not saved by our good works; we are saved by His grace, a gift given to us because of His enormous love for every single human being on planet earth. He gives it to us and that is why we are going to continue to give away our Tickets to Heaven. We have a gentleman who found his purpose. He wrote to us and he asked for a thousand Tickets to Heaven. We contacted him to find out what in the world did he want with a thousand Tickets to Heaven? He told us, "I’m giving them away. I’m going to the prisons and I’m giving them to people in prison."

God casts a huge net, a net which reaches out and redeems His people and saves us, not only from hell, but He saves us from negative thoughts which demoralize and tear us down. He gives us the positive thoughts. Then in addition to that, He saves us so that we can be the people He has called us to be.

A few weeks ago my wife and I were at the Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany and we were visiting and praying for some of the troops that were there and the other people who had been injured in Afghanistan or Iraq and flown to this medical center in Germany. We met a gentleman there who was from Sri Lanka and he had literally had his arm blown off but sewn back on. You could see the stitches going clear around his arm. He said to us, "I was blown up not once but three times. I was involved; there were three mines there that went off all around me, three separate occasions. And I’m still alive!" He said, "I know why I’m alive. I’m alive because Jesus Christ bought me with His grace. Jesus Christ wants me to go home and share it with my family because they don’t know who Jesus is. They don’t know what Christmas is all about. I’m going to get well and I’m going to go home and tell my family why I’m alive today!"

Jesus Christ was born 2000 years ago. He is casting His nets today and He is bringing in an incredible catch; a catch of hope and joy, a catch of peace and goodwill; a catch of brothers and sisters from every corner of this globe. He is redeeming our minds with positive thoughts and good works.

Dear Heavenly Father, we thank You that You are truly in process of changing our minds, our hearts, our souls. You are bringing health and healing, You are touching our minds and bringing hope and inspiration. You are touching our souls and bringing us closer to You. We thank You Lord for what You are doing in this church and we love You Lord and we praise Your name. Amen.

My Never Ending LOVE for ALL of YOU
Ka´rala

http://www.youtube.com/user/thebluebutterfly4u

"DREAMS COME TRUE in BLUE HAWAII"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:30 pm 
Site Admin

So very beautiful and it spoke directly to my heart. :D Thank you so much dearest Ka'rala for sharing it with us as it sure helped me out today. :D Thanks to you also sweet Sue for bringing it back around again. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:18 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you for sharing this with us Ka'rala this is very beautiful thank you Sue for bringing it back up!

Talia

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]