It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Please Pray!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:24 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I got a Email from our Blue Moon- Laurie, and she is not able to have Much Heat at her Place because of the Cost. So I think we all here at ELC should be Praying that Lord Helps Laurie with this, to get her some kind of Help so she can Keep Warm!

Post subject: Re: Please Pray!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:35 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks for bringing our attention to this request for Laurie! Sure will be bringing this prayer before the Lord tonight for sure! Sending lots of love to Laurie too!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:41 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I have an idea but only if others are willing to contribute a little towards the cost, if maybe we could help Laurie out this time? I would not like to think of anyone freezing cold and alone this winter, not a stranger and certainly not one of our sisters through ELC! I will email Laurie and mention this and in all possibility she would not consider our help anyway; certainly hope the Lord will lead me in the words to say as the intention certainly would not be to offend in any way!

Please let me know if you are willing? Thank you!

take care and with love, Sue

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:15 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I Think this is a Wonderful Idea, and I hope other's will to and what to Help Our Laurie!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:38 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Have just received Laurie's reply through today which says:

Quote:
Hi Sue, thank you for thinking of me. It's nice to know people care. I wasn't meaning to be a burden to anyone. I was just trying to respond to an email from Barb/Rose-Lyn and my fingers were so cold, it was hard to type. However, within a few days, I decided to turn on the heat. As long as I can take out another cash advance, I should be able to pay for it. Borrowing to live is not how I want to live but it will have to do for now. At least I won't freeze. Temperatures here have been frigid. I'd give you an example but don't know the conversion to celcius.

I have assured Laurie she is NO BURDEN to anyone and I think that, to be honest, all we can do in this instance and circumstance, is to keep our dear Laurie in our deepest prayers and thoughts! I know and believe the Lord our God will watch over and keep our dear sister, He provides for each one of us in His own great way! Praise Jesus! :D :D :) :P

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:11 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes he sure does, and I think if this is all Laurie want's form us at this time then this is all we should do.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:05 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I have sent a pm to a few people including yourself, Rose-Lyn, to ask if you could perhaps send Laurie a card if you wouldn't mind? Thanks, sis! :hello: :love: :hug:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:54 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I have Already Done! :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:20 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I have sent her a card too she is in my prayers!! :love: :hug:

Talia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:49 am 
Jewel in the Lotus