It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Pray for my little dog
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:01 pm 
Pharaoah

Hope this isn't a strange request but I have a Yorkshire Terrier called Prince who is 13 years of age, I've had him since the age the of 8, my dad bought him for me after being in the hospital after 2 major surgeries and he's ill at the moment, he keeps squeeling really loud in pain and its really frustrating and distressing to hear him :cry:

He's at the vets Thursday and I hope its nothing serious :cry:

Post subject: Re: Pray for my little dog
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:58 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: No asking for Prayers for Our Pets isn't Strange at all, the Lord made animals for our enjoyment and he knows how Special our Pets are to Us. I will be praying for your Little Dog! :love:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:39 pm 
Pharaoah

Thanks Rose-Lyn

He went to the vets today and he's got bad arthritis, some of his muscles are wasting away and his bones are inflamed and its all due to old age sadly, the vet has given him some anti-inflammatory tablets which will last him up to next Wednesday, so he has to take 1 and half tablets a day and see if he's any better by next Wednesday and if he isn't, he has to go back and see if there is any alternatives for him.

He seemed alert this morning but now its the evening and the tablet has worn off, he seems to have gone all stiff again and in pain :(

Last edited by Emma_Loves_Elvis on Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:37 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Oh, bless the poor little dear! I'm sorry to hear little Prince is in such pain, Emma! I will pray for your dog too, dear friend! :hug: :hello:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:39 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I Know How your Little Dog Feels, and I will be Praying for him. :hug:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:45 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I love animals. Don't like to hear about them in pain either! So I do hope things will improve and this little fella's suffering much reduced. Dogs are like family members for many people. Prayers and well wishes. Keep us posted.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:19 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Me too! Amen, Laurie to your thoughts and feelings above! :) :hug: :hello:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:07 pm 
Pharaoah

Thanks for the prayers, I've been asking the angels for healing as well, well he's went back to vets Wednesday and he's better now :D , he's got to stay on his tablets though to stop the pain coming back.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:18 am 
Site Admin

Dear Emma,

Please go to www.springtime.com * I think it is .com, if not working try .net
I do not recall it being .org... but it is a site that is for animals...my horses, especially our stallion Foxx when he was showing and from 9 months of age, we
gave him all natural minerals and added good things to give him beauty, nice mane and tail (it grew to ll feet when he was showing, I had to cut it off when he was
retired because the weight was making his dock bright pink and tender-I have two
sections, 2 1/ feet long...enough to make some horse a "fake tail"!
He was on the cover of Springtime's magazine due to our using their products for him and he was a champion, took 1st in everything he competed at. he is pure white, pink skin and black eyes...and was stunning. Now he's just a horse, but still gets some of the Springtime products to stay healthy.

Anyway, the stuff Springtime sells works for animals and people too. Get for your little guy
tablets called "Fresh Factors" for dogs...it helps dogs who are older and have
joint issues...a lot. Our Lab was 13 and was getting to where she could not get
up sometimes, she just lay around and looked miserable. I had her on the pills the vets give out, she was in pain like your dog when it wore off and she was
not improving. The Fresh Factors kept her going, up and able to get around pretty good, she ate her food, she did not whimper at night and she lived to be nearly 15 years old. Her last years were good, she couldn't go down the hill to help us with the horses, as it was hard for her to climb back up, so she would lay at the top of the stair case and watch us...she was 14 when she went clear to the end of the property all down hill, and then walked back up with me-both of us almost couldn't make it but we stopped and rested several times and she was so happy to be able to go with me again...after nearly a year of
not being able. I highly recommend the Springtime Products...those I have used...especially Fresh Factors...I just bought some for our dogs who are in their teens now also and have issues with hind end weakness. They are already better after just 4 days, they have been able to get up easier, even the oldest big heavy guy who is 98 lbs and part wolf, part Great Pyrnees. He
struggled to get up last week and we were having to help him. Today he is getting up on his own...and he went down to the horses as did our Rose who is coyote/shepherd mix. She had been staying at the top of the stairs, but today she went all the way down and used Jimmie's curving path to get back up.
He dug out a path in a curved line that gradually goes down and back up...so the dogs could use it...she did, but the big one chose to go down the regular slope...he kind of gets going and couldn't stop if he wanted to-but he made it.
A few weeks back he lost his footing and rolled down...poor old coot. But he's better today thanks to Fresh Factors. Dogs like them, it takes two or three a day to start, then since you have a small dog, one and a half would do it-they just chew them and love them. Even ask for them...if we forget to offer them on time. Also, if you can, put your dog on organic dog foods...or cook him food yourself...boiled chicken is good, also with fresh, organic veggies, cook until very tender, you can throw in a hand full of brown rice and cook it with the whole thing...by the time the chicken is tender, everything will be done and your dog will love it. I add a little bit of garlic powder-I get mine from Springtime and it is all natural and very pure stuff-it works well for many things and I cook with it...have for years. Garlic is a natural cure for many things.
Also add some natural apple cider vinegar...with the mother- it must say that'
on the container or it is not made "natural" and is cooked to death. Real organic, natural vinegar is not so tart it cuts your tongue off-it is more wine like and smells good and makes great salad dressings. We have Bragg, organic with the mother here- I drink two teaspoons in a half glass of water several times a day- it helps keep the body ph balanced and digestion better. I have begun doing this since I got so messed up last year and thought I would not
walk again...but behold, I am back... thanks to prayer and my change to organic stuff totally and no wheat products. Amazing differences.
Please do this for your dog right away.. If you have ANY problem and can't for any reason get any of those, tell me right away and I will mail you a jar of mine because I can get more. Best of luck and lots of love for your little dog,
wjh
Commercial dog and cat foods are full of "bad things"...really BAD things and it is a crime that they are allowed to call it "food" . There is some really good organic foods... one is called BLUE and Blue Diamond...it is sold in pet stores
usually, and it is good food. Our dogs and cats eat it-they live to be pretty darn old and do well- 9 of our past cats lived into their teens...the oldest to l8 years old and finally his body just gave out from age. We owned him for 8 of those years- what he ate before we fed him, I have no idea-same with the others- they were all strays we took in and various ages at that time.

Last edited by Wanda June Hill on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:50 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Thanks Wanda some very Good Advice! :love:

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next