It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Please can you pray for Wanda's dog as per email?
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:31 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Received an email from Wanda regarding one of her dogs, as follows? Please can you keep prayers for 'Bear' who has not been very well at the moment? Thanks!:

Quote:
Our dog's name is "Noir Bear Angel".... Bear for short. Black bear angel is perfect for her.
Noir also means spiritual one in another language-Norwegian I think it was, a friend told me.
She looks like a bear with her squared head and ears and black hair. Her little girl that she'
was bought for and went to school to learn with to be a special needs child's assistant dog,
told her mom when she got the puppy, she looks like a Teddy Bear...and she did. I saw the
dog at about 4 months of age, she and her companion dog got loose and came to our gate
down below and our dogs and those two ran back and forth in front of the big gate playing and
barking. I took the dogs home, and met the owner who had cats too and loved her dogs.
She would never have left them, I think she had a heartattack when her house was foreclosed
on- I saw the man up there the day before with a sheaf of papers he gave her, and she had
mentioned to me that she was going to store things for other people, cars, RVs etc; to get
more money coming in, her husband had left the family due to not being able to handle the
little special needs girl of hers, she had a job at the city, but needed more to make the
mortgage pmt and bills. I said it was a good idea, and I helped her with a neighbor's dogs
the guy was a jerk and let them run wild and did not feed them half the time so they fought
and killed off things to eat. They attacked her little dogs that were inside their fence-the
dogs dug under and were killing one of her dogs when she went out with a shovel and
ran them off. Her dog cost her more than 400 to fix it, she paid that so I know she would
not have left Bear or the huskey. After the ambulance came and took her away, she returned
a week or so later and then the next thing I knew the ambulance came in a rush, and I never
saw her or the daughter again. Other people came to the place, packed up everything over
a few weeks and then left. They were supposed to pay the mortgage for their rent-they
paid nothing and they were evicted by the mortgage company and left the two dogs with
nothing apparently but water which eventually dried up...it's been about two months or so
since anyone was up there. We didn't know the dogs were there...didn't see or hear them
and so until the animal control truck showed up to post about their intentions to catch
the dog-they caught the husky right away but not Bear...she was afraid of them. She was
after all, a house dog from a young age and dumped outside on her own. anyway, we
began to feed her, hoping to catch her and they couldn't wait, they trapped her...because
no one was looking after her.. We were! But we lived so far-we are high up so we can
see the ;house and etc: but not anything behind it where the dogs hung out. There is only
one other house up there, and it's empty also-so there was no one around...even to ask
what happened. I do not remember the lady's name, if I did I would try to find out what
or where she is so I could tell her that her dog is okay. Poor dog and poor child, they
lost so much from each other's loss. wjh

Thanks, ladies! :) :hello: :love:

Thank you Crystal-Rose for putting this up for Bear. She has kennel cough-
is taking meds and though she still coughs, she is eating and feeling better.
Her blood work came back okay, nothing wrong with major organs etc; and no
weird disease - just anemic from lack of any food for about 6 to 8 weeks, we
are not sure of the time frame. Bear will be a good dog for us to have outside as we needed a younger dog to keep coyotes off the property, etc:-and she needed a home. I am going to write a little bit about her and us, because it is an example of what anyone can do, with a little faith, some believing and
the most important of all, asking, being specific and then saying thank you to
your Lord, the one who will listen, and will answer-sometimes in very unique ways... the key to receiving IS in asking for what you need- NOT just what you want...as long as you say thank you and BELIEVE your prayer request will be
answered...and don't give up. Keep the faith light ON.
I said a prayer, asking for a younger dog, about 2 years or so, and a female and I said, let her come to our gate. A couple days later Starla saw the Animal Control truck up at the neighbors-she was coming home from work-she drove up there to see what they were after-Well, this dog had already come to our gate, I had met her, and she is-just as I asked for, she's two years old and I even know the approximate time
of birth- late Sept-Oct because the lady got her for a Christmas gift for her little girl, the puppy was about 4 months old when she and the Husky came to
our gate to play with our dogs...The Husky was picked up by animal control all most a week before Bear-I don't know what happened to the Husky as I don't know what it ended up looking like-or it's intake number-they had l9 Husky type dogs when we went looking for Bear. I knew her immediately; today she rolled onto her back and surrendered for me; now we can get some refresher training going and she will be happy here. She cries when the kids arrive at school down in the valley-she can see and hear them. She watches them playing at noon etc; and when the bus arrives she lifts her nose to the sky and howls.
And she watches the road going up to where she used to live every day from
l:30 to about 2:30 because that is when the lady would come home from work
and bring the child with her-and sometimes Bear would also be with them as she'
went to "class" with her little girl. Bear remembers, she has a good view of the old home and the kids playing in the school yard. We keep her on a long line that gives her the run of the yard in front-it's like a clothes line with her lead
on a ring that slides easily. She has a big igloo dog house with a thick, plush
horse saddle pad for her bed inside it. And indoor out door carpet on the piece of ply wood her dog house sets on-so she has a patio that won't make her
"elbows" sore. Of course she prefers the big pile of soft dirt she dug up during the day-it's cooler etc:... she is a pig right now, but we can't bathe her or send her for grooming until she is over the kennel cough thing. I cut off the
horrible mats of hair hanging between her hind legs and on her belly area...the pound didn't do that-but they did trim her toenails. And fed her-until her "jail time" was up and we could adopt her. Her eyes are happy, she smiles and
wags her tail and jumps straight into the air like on a trampoline when I bring
her food or say "Want to go for a walk?" I have to keep her from the other dogs and the horses due to the kennel cough-so she can't be free yet to run.
wjh

Last edited by Wanda June Hill on Sat May 22, 2010 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Please can you pray for Wanda's dog as per email?
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:11 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Thank You Wanda for the the Great Up Date on Noir Bear I have been thinking and wondering how she was, and what a True Example of Faith. Like you said all we have to do is ask Our Lord and Believe in Faith. :love:

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:17 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

AMEN, ladies! :) :D Thank you, Wanda, for updating us on Bear's progress and you're very welcome for the prayers for Bear too! with love to you and Rose-Lyn plus a big hug for Bear! :hello: :hug: :love:

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:22 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Yes indeed! :hug:

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:22 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:) :D :hello: :hug:

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:01 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I got a email from Wanda today, and Bear is so Much Better Now then she was. Wanda said she still as a Sniffle, But her Cough is a whole lot better. Praise The Lord! :love:

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:54 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks for letting us know this great news, Rose-Lyn and for updating us, praise the Lord! :) :P :hello: :hug:

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:25 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: You Betcha! :love:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:13 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:) :D :P :hello: :love:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:55 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I got a email from Wanda today, and Noir Bear is Still Getting Better all of the time. :love:

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next