It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:17 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Sue, I would like to read all of it, if you (and others) don't mind!

These sentences of Lisa made me think and wonder.......:

Quote:
DS: Did he want you to sing? Do you ever …

LMP: Oh yeah, he'd always wake me up to sing in the middle of the night, "Get on the table and sing."

Quote:
Did you worry about him?

LMP: All the time. All the time.

DS: What would you say?

LMP: "Don't die." You know, things like that. Like, "Are you going to die?", and I would just, like, in the middle of whatever say that. He would … "No, I'm not going anywhere, nothing's going happen to me, don't worry about it" type-thing.

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:46 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

This part is touching . . .
Quote:
DS: She remembers time with him as magical days. He'd hire a jet to take her just to see the snow or hire a whole amusement park so she could ride the carousel. Did it feel luxurious?

LMP:You know, with him no, because it was his heart that was permeating more than … I'm in a jet and it's, like, this man loves me.

I think per the below quote, that Lisa was a very perceptive little girl. She knew deep inside that something wasn't right and that her father was going to die soon. A child otherwise would not make such worrisome comments or questions.
Quote:
Did you worry about him?

LMP: All the time. All the time.

DS: What would you say?

LMP: "Don't die." You know, things like that. Like, "Are you going to die?", and I would just, like, in the middle of whatever say that. He would … "No, I'm not going anywhere, nothing's going happen to me, don't worry about it" type-thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:02 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for putting this interview up Sue. :D Lisa doesn't really do too many interviews where I've heard her talk about her daddy so it was really nice to read and hear her thoughts. :D I agree with what the other ladies have said about how the part where she speaks about how she felt that her daddy's heart just permeated with his love for her and how very touching that is. :D Also, what Lisa said about worrying about her daddy and telling him not to die and things like that does indeed show what a very perceptive little girl she was at such a young age.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:28 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I feel that Lisa is very honest and it reminds me very much of her dad....
She could have refused to answer certain questions, but she didn't , she talked about herself, even her own flaws, but didn't put the blame on anyone.
That's really impressing! 8)
Thank you, Sue, for quoting this part of the interview also!!

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:43 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you for the second half of Lisa's interview Sue. :D You are so right when you say that Lisa readily accepts the blame for all of her own faults and wrong-doings and doesn't try and place the blame on anyone else. :) Very admirable indeed. :D Gee, sounds like someone else we all know huh??? :wink: Wonder where she learned this from??? :wink: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:40 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Lisa Marie reminds me of her father as well . . .

Quote:
LMP: You know what it is? It's I get attracted to artists. I'm attracted to artists. I like it when someone's shaking it up, when they're different. I don't know why, I'll never know why but it's just what I get attracted to.
Well her father was artistic & "shook" things up. Perhaps she was trying to find her father in these men.

Quote:
LMP: Because I act like a teenager and they're usually, like, "Stop". I'm just not your average mother, I guess
Elvis was rather childlike in some ways, even as an adult.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]