Elvis - A Lighted Candle

Page 1 of 1

Author:  Di [ Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Health

CELEBRITY HEALTH: Lisa Marie Presley
Monday June 25 2007

Lisa Marie Presley, daughter of Elvis Presley and former wife of Michael Jackson, has revealed she contracted mercury poisoning after botched dental work.

Speaking about the illness, she described how she suffered multiple symptoms:

"My body started to deteriorate. I started to have panic attacks.

"One week it was asthma, hypoglycaemia, candida, reflux. I had everything.

"I wound up in the hospital. I had everything happening -- my body completely fell apart.,There are two commonly recognised forms of mercury poisoning: acute and chronic poisoning.

The first -- which isn't terribly common nowadays -- is thought to be linked to the presence of ulcers in the stomach and with toxic discharges in the kidney.

Though not as serious as chronic poisoning, the consequences are scarcely trivial: sufferers may become anaemic and have trouble passing water -- this is because they have developed anuria which means they cannot form urine.

Chronic mercury poisoning, in contrast, can affect an individual in a multiple of ways, all of them serious in the extreme.

They may experience diarrhoea, tremors, impaired vision, slowed reflexes and emotional instability.

People have been dying from mercury poisoning since the start of recorded history.

We can blame mercury for the expression 'mad as a hatter'.

Hat makers in the 17th century often succumbed to the condition after being poisoned by the mercury salts used in the design of felt hats.

In the 20th century, thousands of people fell ill, and quite a few even died, after eating food contaminated with methyl mercury in Minamata Bay, Japan.

Indeed, the incident led to the diagnosing of an entirely new condition: minamata disease.

Tell-tale symptoms include hearing and visual loss, tremors and dysarthria -- a serious neurological impairment.

In addition, the disease can be transmitted to unborn children via the placenta.

This can lead to devastating brain damage to the foetus.

Because industrial mercury contamination may seep into local marine life, doctors today caution pregnant women against consuming more than one or two servings of oily fish per week.

For Lisa Marie, at least, the story has a happy ending.

She sought out a homeopathic doctor who told her mercury was leaking from her fillings, causing her to feel unwell.

As soon as the fillings were removed, she started to recover.

"They try to say mercury is safe," she said.

"But it's the second-deadliest poison known to man, underneath plutonium, and it's in people's teeth."

Author:  Blue Moon [ Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:13 pm ]
Post subject: 

Interesting. I did not know Lisa had mercury poisoning.

I had all the silver filings in my teeth replaced with the white stuff due to the stories I heard from mercury leakage. Plus, silver fillings expand over time, cracking the teeth, often causing people to have to get crowns. So, even if the mercury theories were not true, it was still a good idea.
But Lisa's experience is a confirmation that the mercury theories were indeed true! I think the dental societies are afraid of lawsuits so have tried to discount or play down mercury leakage from silver fillings.

Author:  Wanda June Hill [ Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

I hadn't heard that either-makes one wonder abut her daddy-he had lots of dental work done and he was having tremors. I don't have silver fillings any more either-I need to go have some fillings but I'm not having silver.
Not only is there mercury in them-silver fillings change size, swelling and contracting with the foods-hot and cold-that we eat and drink. This causes the teeth to crack and that causes decay faster and pain as well. It happened to me-My filled tooth that had no problems at the time with any decay etc: split and part of it came out while I was eating. The dentist said it was the silver fillings and removed them on that side, replacing the tooth with a cap and fixing the other fillings next to it.
So I tell people to ask for other than silver fillings, gold is good and they have the white porclian that is just as good as a real tooth but one can't crack ice or walnuts and be "safe" anymore. I don't do either and haven't for years though I used to be an "ice eater" in summer time.

I hope lots of people will read Lisa's warnings about Mercury! See-she's as sharp or sharper than her daddy! and willing to share, desires to help like him too.
I'll bet there isn't a hat in heaven big enough for his head these days for sure!

Author:  MaryInTheMorning [ Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:48 pm ]
Post subject: 

Thank you so much Di for sharing this article with us. :D I had no idea that this had happened to Lisa and was so sorry to hear that it had. I'm so glad that she is better now though. :D You know, more and more it's being found that mercury is bad news for one reason or another. :( It's also been said that the mercury in certain vaccines is what causes autism(although that hasn't been proven for certain) so my feeling is that it's just best to stay away from it if at all possible.

Author:  Amanda Viola [ Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

I missed this thread, but now I'm so glad to find it because I have ahead for the next week a visit to the dentist to fill a couple of holes.

Thank you very much, Di! :P

Author:  MaryInTheMorning [ Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:34 am ]
Post subject: 

Rainbow Light wrote:
Thanks to Lisa Marie and Di, the word has spread and can only be good for all of us health-wise! :)

I agree 100% Sue! :D

Author:  maia [ Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

I have PLENTY of mercury fillings and as you know, my health isn't good! :?

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
This site is hosted by Free-Forums.org - get a forum for free. Get coupon codes.
MultiForums powered by echoPHP phpBB MultiForums