It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Priscilla to be on DANCING WITH THE STARS, season 6
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:19 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

http://www.dotspotter.com/news/664877_D ... ontestants

Not sure yet when Season 6 will start . . . . Anyone know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:16 am 
Pharaoah

Here is more information

Elvis won't be in the building, but his former wife will.

Priscilla Presley and 11 other bold-enough-faced names were named Monday to Dancing with the Stars' sixth-season lineup.

All making the dance card:

Howard Stern free-radio successor (and former Loveline and Man Show host)
Adam Carolla;
former CSI: Miami lab tech Cristián de la Fuente;
American Pie exchange student Shannon Elizabeth;1980s box-office force Steve Guttenberg;
R&B singer Mario ("Just a Friend");
Oscar winner Marlee Matlin (Children of a Lesser God);
cape-eschewing magician Penn Jillette;
tennis legend Monica Seles;
Miami Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor;
Tony winner Marissa Jaret Winokur (Hairspray); and
Olympic figure-skating champ Kristi Yamaguchi.

Eleven of the 12 pro dancers are vets of the show: two-time defending champ Julianne Hough, last seen hoisting the mirror ball with racer Helio Castroneves; two-time champ Cheryl Burke; Derek Hough; Anna Trebunskaya; Karina Smirnoff; Kym Johnson; Louis van Amstel; Jonathan Roberts; Edyta Sliwinska; Tony Dovolani; and Mark Ballas.

Maksim Chmerkovskiy, who took a second-place finish beside the Spice Girls' Mel B last fall, is sitting out the new season, which launches Mar. 17. But he told TV's Extra he'll be back next season.

"It's one of those things I need to attend to. My domestic studios and my students--their competitive careers," Chmerkovskiy said. "They [the producers] were kind enough to give me a break, and let me do it."

Filling the 12th and final pro dancer spot is Fabian Sanchez, a Dancing newcomer. Sanchez will be joined on his maiden voyage by Matlin.

The other dance teams include: de la Fuente and Burke; Elizabeth and Derek Hough; Guttenberg and Trebunskaya; Mario and Smirnoff; Jillette and Johnson; Presley and Van Amstel; Seles and Marie Osmond survivor Roberts; Taylor and Sliwinska; Winokur and Dovolani; and Yamaguchi and Ballas.

Julianne Hough will go for her third consecutive win alongside Carolla, the un-noted hoofer.

The show's casting net for stars yielded its usual mix of sports standouts (Seles, Taylor and Yamaguchi), familiar faces (Elizabeth, Guttenberg, Matlin, Jillette and Presley), a few folks you might need to Google (Mario, de la Fuente and Winokur) and at least one guy who you guess does the cha-cha-cha about as well as Tucker Carlson (Carolla).

The new lineup, though, does feature at least one innovation. For the first time since the gray-haired days of John O'Hurley, Dancing's elder statesman will be an elder stateswoman. At age 62, Presley, late of the King, Dallas and the Naked Gun movies, will be the oldest competitor. The 52-year-old Jillette is the only other dancer to fall outside the 18- to 49-year-old demographic.

Matlin will be Dancing's second resident Oscar winner after season-two's Tatum O'Neal. Winokur, Broadway's original Tracy Turnblad, is the show's first Tony winner, provided Jerry Springer doesn't have a deep, dark stage secret.

The show itself will sport one innovation: A double-elimination results episode on Mar. 24, featuring the expulsion of two dance teams.

No one said dancing with, or by, the stars was easy.

2008/02/19 eonline / www.epgold.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:54 pm 
Pharaoah

New letter from Priscilla on her site:

February 18, 2008

Hello Everyone,
Well NOW you know, I have committed to Dancing with the Stars. After much thought, I have decided that I would like to give it a try. I have been somewhat of a fan of the show since it aired. And watched, with admiration, the fortitude, determinism and sheer courage, each star or celebrity had undertaken. I think I am ready for the challenge. It is a time in my life where, if I don't except the offer now, I will probably never do it.

The other reasons are, the show is positive, it is entertaining enough that the whole family can participate and it appears to be a lot of fun. I don't see it as a reality show. THAT, I am not interested in. I see it at as entertainment.

The only time the camera is around is when you are in rehearsals so that the audience can see or be apart of your journey in the competition. This is a bit awkward for me and will take some time for me to get use to.

Day 1
I met my partner for the first time yesterday (Feb.16th). Louie. I liked him. After our introduction he went right into seeing if or how I could move. It has been a long time since I have danced so needless to say, I felt very awkward. Hopefully he will get me over it. I have had some training in jazz and a little in ballet. In jazz one dances low, knees usually bent. In ballroom dance it is about holding your posture tall body, up. We went through the lesson concentrating on teaching me the fox Trot. WE'LL SEE!

Day 2
Did more of the same. Going over all the steps adding some new ones. I believe the routine has to be one min. 20. OH MY!

I leave for N.Y. early tomorrow to be on Good Morning America on Tues. then fly to Chicago for the taping of the Oprah show. Which I think will air Feb 21st. (not sure).

Stay tuned, I will try to keep you up-dated as much as I can.

Always,
Priscilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:29 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Lindsay girl, thanks for posting Priscilla's letter-saw her on Good Morning America today with her partner Louie. She was looking pretty good, her hair looks "alive" and is a much better color than the noticable streaks of before. She seems excited to be doing the dance thing-and will probably do well. She's kind of a perfectionest type about what she does I think, so I hope she hangs in there a while...even if not a winner.
Elvis thought she was graceful and danced well and encouraged her in that way back when. He admired the gracefullness of dancers and how good they looked physically and likened it to Karate for the body etc:.

I hope she's stayed in shape, she's still very thin but that doesn't mean there are muscles being used! It looks like a real work out to me-me who never was graceful and light on my feet! I did play basket ball and rode horses-that was about it-but I had muscles from farm work -I'd never be able to dance-have no sense of rhythm at all! Two left feet I guess... I wish her lots of luck and I hope she wins. It looks like fun and I too, watch that show... I hope I don't miss seeing them dance! wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:09 am 
Site Admin

Joe and I love this show and have watched it since Season 1. :D :D I'll be looking forward to watching and seeing how Priscilla does on the show this season. :wink: :P :D Thank you so much for posting the link and article up for us dear Laurie and Lindsaygirl. :wink: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:52 pm 
:lol: You All Beat Me to this, I was wondering if anyone had this about Priscilla. FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:16 am 
Site Admin

According to the website dear Sue, the new season starts Monday March 17th on ABC. :) :) Here is the link to the Dancing With The Stars website in case you'd like to find out any other information about it. :wink: :D http://abc.go.com/primetime/dancingwith ... x?pn=index

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:47 pm 
Site Admin

You are very welcome dear angel!! :wink: :D Glad I could be of help!! :wink: :P :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]