It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Queen of the dance floor
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:09 am 
Pharaoah

I think elvis would very proud of priscilla.

priscilla Presley and Louis van Amstel presented their elegant foxtrot. At 62 years old, Priscilla’s the oldest woman to ever dance in the competition, but her precision timing and smooth lines outshined the earlier offerings.

As Louis led her across the floor, Elvis’ ex really took to the ballroom business. Though she looked nervous at first (or happy or possibly even angry — it’s hard to tell), Priscilla eased into the first real quality number of the night, much to the judges’ approval. Len called it “a proper foxtrot,” and like Bruno and Carrie Ann, awarded her an eight.

The audience cheered and applauded throughout her entire dance. And it was much more than anyone else received during their performances.

Lisa Marie was among the audience. She seemed very proud as she smiled and applauded for her Mom. The judges loved Priscilla crowning her the queen of the dance floor.All three judges gave her a score of 8 for a total of 24.

Priscilla came in with the second highest score in tonight's dance competition.Priscilla said, "This was by far the hardest thing I've ever done."

The first night of dancing for the six female contestants: Shannon Elizabeth, Marlee Matlin, Priscilla Presley, Monica Seles, Marissa Jaret Winokur and Kristi Yamaguch

Watch Priscilla’s debut dance: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Iku5ehzc7oM

YOU CAN ALSO VOTE ONLINE AFTER THE SHOW THROUGH NOON EASTERN ON WEDNESDAY.

2008/03/19 Various - Youtube / www.epgold.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:45 am 
Site Admin

Thanks so much for posting this article about how Pris did on the "Dancing" show and the video of her dance for us to watch for us dear Lindsaygirl!! :wink: :D Geeze, guess that'll teach me to look around before I post something as I, too, have posted this link in 2 other places that it's been talked about. :oops: :oops: :roll: Sorry about all the repeated posts on my part ladies but, I guess it allows you to triple your viewing pleasure maybe?? :oops: :roll: :wink: Like has already been said, I am sure that Elvis would be very proud of Cilla and it was really great to see Lisa there cheering her mom on!!! :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:28 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Priscilla's 2nd dance, The Mambo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_7q24tL9QI

Longer version with extras:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8FATaFFjQM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:48 am 
Site Admin

Thanks so much for posting these links for us dear Laurie!! :wink: :D :D In the extras link, I caught Pris' parents in the audience shot standing up and clapping and cheering for her. :wink: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:21 pm 
Site Admin

Wow, that's great her mom got to be there-she was so sad over the break up of her "kids" and then when he died too...she said he was so kind and gentle with her daughter and their child and she loved him dearly. It really showed how much it hurt her even after all these years-her husband felt that way too...he was holding back tears in the background of that interview. I'm so glad that Pris has good support-she seems to be a needy type of female and be very insecure even as she was as a teen ager. She looked good-I'm glad she got to stay in...so was she!
wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:32 am 
Site Admin

I say AMEN to what you said too dear Wanda!! :wink: :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]