"There are at least six other famous women pregnant right now who
aren't getting picked on," she says in the interview. "But they're
all over me. It's like there is a campaign to demean me."

Go Ahead and Look!
Says Presley: "You know what I think when I see those fat photos? I
am not going to let them control me. I just let it all hang out. You
want to look at me? Go ahead and look."

The singer, who is expected to give birth in the fall, has two
teenage children, Riley, 19, and Benjamin, 15, with ex Danny Keough.
The twins are the first children for Presley and husband Michael
Lockwood.

But Presley remains defiant when it comes to the fat-talk. "I am 5'
3," she says. "If I gain five pounds it shows."

"I am trying to grow another human being," she adds. "Besides, I'm
40! I'm lucky to even be able to do this."

Taking stock of her life – and her pregnancy – Presley tells Marie
Claire in the issue out Aug. 12 that she's growing emotionally as
well.

September issue of Marie Claire magazine
"We're all going to screw up," Presley says. "The important thing
is, do you learn from it and not do it again? Can you make it better
in the future? Can you change?

"I am in a happy place now," she says. "But it took a lot to get
here. I wasn't always who I am now." </b>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:30 am 
Site Admin

Dear Lisa Marie,

Good for you! I hope you can always see the future and have good, fond memories of the past; let the not so good fall by the way side and lay there, where it belongs...especially the "dirty comments" from those who have no sense of reality and don't care anyway.
Yes, some of us who do care truly, do look at you "to see him" and it's a natural thing really. You are his beloved little girl, the child he wanted so much it hurt to think about losing, the one he prayed for every day, more than once he often said. He so feared losing you, he so loved you and needed you in his life.
I'm sorry that we all, his fans, took so much of his life from him and from you to Lisa, I guess it is just the selfishness of human nature though
we don't mean to be, as he explained it, "everyone needs someone to love and be interested in, to want to know or be like in some way, an' it usually is a celebrity- I guess somethin' about me appeals to a larger number of folks. It's okay, without them I'd be just a - a truck driver or something. I just want to give back what I can - they've given me so much."
I see him in you when you speak up for yourself, he wanted to but early on they stepped on him for it and being the sensitive soul he was, he didn't say anything until his later yers- and when he did, he was chewed up by the press for it- and still gets flap after all this time. You fight back, I wish he could have but he wasn't "free to do so". I see him when you smile, in things you say so innocently, when your eyes flash that fire and when you show tenderness and concern for your mother's insecure moments, just as he did so often. Yes, your life has not been blessed in many ways, but we who loved your father, care for you because he cared so much and too, you bring him back by just being.
Please forgive us for "looking, hoping and wishing" it's just human nature and may be a fault... in us- not in yourself.
God bless and keep you and yours always. We wish you the best of luck and two happy, perfect little ones making their way in life this fall.

We wish for you - Love all ways,
wjh

Last edited by Wanda June Hill on Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:47 pm 
I sometimes wonder Wanda if Lisa didn't look so much like her Dad, and have his ways if Lisa wouldn't be Picked on so much? I'm so Happy she can turn the Tables on these People, and I know Elvis is so Happy to see Lisa do this. :D

Last edited by FairyTale on Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:23 am 
Site Admin

Rainbow Light wrote:
Total R-E-S-P-E-C-T to Lisa Marie! Good on ya, girl! :D :P

Thanks, Di, for posting this up! :)

AMEN Sue my dear angel!! :D :D You go Lisa and Di thank you so much for posting this geat article for us!! :wink: :D Wanda my sweet friend, your letter was so beautifully written, straight-forward and from your beautiful heart. :D :D As I read it, I could just picture her "little daddy" explaining things exactly the way you did--sweet and simply put and from an understanding and compassionate heart! :wink: :D Thank you so much for writing the feelings of my own heart in your wonderful letter to Lisa!! :wink: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:55 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda June Hill wrote:
Dear Lisa Marie,

Good for you! I hope you can always see the future and have good, fond memories of the past; let the not so good fall by the way side and lay there, where it belongs...especially the "dirty comments" from those who have no sense of reality and don't care anyway.
Yes, some of us who do care truly, do look at you "to see him" and it's a natural thing really. You are his beloved little girl, the child he wanted so much it hurt to think about losing, the one he prayed for every day, more than once he often said. He so feared losing you, he so loved you and needed you in his life.
I'm sorry that we all, his fans, took so much of his life from him and from you to Lisa, I guess it is just the selfishness of human nature though
we don't mean to be, as he explained it, "everyone needs someone to love and be interested in, to want to know or be like in some way, an' it usually is a celebrity- I guess somethin' about me appeals to a larger number of folks. It's okay, without them I'd be just a - a truck driver or something. I just want to give back what I can - they've given me so much."
I see him in you when you speak up for yourself, he wanted to but early on they stepped on him for it and being the sensitive soul he was, he didn't say anything until his later yers- and when he did, he was chewed up by the press for it- and still gets flap after all this time. You fight back, I wish he could have but he wasn't "free to do so". I see him when you smile, in things you say so innocently, when your eyes flash that fire and when you show tenderness and concern for your mother's insecure moments, just as he did so often. Yes, your life has not been blessed in many ways, but we who loved your father, care for you because he cared so much and too, you bring him back by just being.
Please forgive us for "looking, hoping and wishing" it's just human nature and may be a fault... in us- not in yourself.
God bless and keep you and yours always. We wish you the best of luck and two happy, perfect little ones making their way in life this fall.

We wish for you - Love all ways,
wjh

Yours is one of the most touching, loving and caring posts I've seen around lately, dear Wanda. Your empathy, sincerity and honestity speak of a great heart -a very generous one! I'm honored to have you as a friend. I'm sure El'vis is proud of you.

...And yes, I applaud also Lisa Marie's determination.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:51 pm 
Pharaoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:52 pm 

She looks great and just like her Dad.

Thanks for posting.

Di

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:05 pm 
Sun Dial

That girl has grit and I love it. I have seen some of her interviews on line and she does a wonderful job. How dare the papparazzi do this to her. They wouldn't leave her father alone and now they want her. They are a bunch of buzzards circling their pray. Well, she has shown them up hasn't she?

I think from what I can guess from her spunky, yet sensitive personality is that if the papparazzi were polite and decent, then she would reciprocate. She has withstood the test of time with them and I say more power to her. She is not to be recond with. Applause, applause, Lisa Marie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:21 pm 
Lisa is Defiently Elvis' Daughter!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:01 am 
Site Admin

FairyTale wrote:
Lisa is Defiently Elvis' Daughter!

AMEN to that "fer sure" dear FairyTale!! :wink: 8) :P :D

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next