It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Happy Birthday, Lisa Marie!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:50 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Many happy returns of the day to Lisa Marie!

:bday: Elvis' princess! :) :D :P

Post subject: Re: Happy Birthday, Lisa Marie!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:37 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:bday: :bday: :bday: Lisa Marie!Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:54 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: :hug:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:52 pm 
Site Admin

Taken from a conversation that included Elvis holding his not quite 6 week old daughter, Lisa Marie -

Elvis: So tiny, like a-a tiny little doll. Gawd, she's just...jus'... un she smells so good-right now." (He is speaking softly, almost whispering so he won't wake her.)
Me: Yeah, they sure do when they've just had a bath!
Elvis: Ohhh she's...she's gonna...no. She's just...maybe dreamin'? You think they do...this young?
Me: Probably...though can't imagine what they dream about! Eating maybe?
Elvis: They got past memories...um sure of that! She's kinda...ohhh she's tastin' somethin'... Look!...Wish you could look...her little sweet lips...gawd..like a rose bud-my babies got pretty lips...even an' her eyes are perfectly lined up. Little bity eye brows-man, can't hardly see 'em but she's got full little bitty eyebrows! 'n Long lashes too. Gawd...um so lucky! Lord, thank you Lord!
Me: She weighed the same as Juliann, I think. [Omitted my remarks.)
Elvis: She out grew her night shirts...fillin' out more'n getting longer, I think. Lord honey, wish you could see her...she's kinda cuddlin' in a ball right now. Not very big at all...got my finger in her hand...such tiny fingers...they...be...be so perfect! An' little bitty finger nails...like...like tiny pink shells...'n fingerprints! She's got them you know, we got her footprints too...so cute! Ohhh lordy, she's squeezin' my finger...holdin' on tight! Her little fingers almost go 'round it- she's gonna have long fingers...like me. Can't wait to teach her to play guitar! An' piano..."
Me: She may not want to be a musician...think of that."
Elvis: (Soft little chuckle) She will...yeah...she will....
Me: If you have something to do with it-huh?
Elvis: Oh she will...she's gonna have talent...oughta hear her cry-man, she's got vocals!
Me: She cries...you let her cry?
Elvis: I-I-...sometimes have to so-so she won't be too spoiled...'n too, it helps her breathe better the doctor said...let her cry some...but not so she's desperate or nothin'...ya know.
Me: Yeah, I can see daddy standing by waiting for the first little hint of desperate!
Elvis: No-no, I do what-what her mother says...she knows best...she's her mother.
(Happy Birthday "daddy's little angel Lisa Marie)
wjh

Last edited by Wanda June Hill on Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:25 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Many thanks for sharing this precious conversation between you and Elvis about his princess, dear Wanda! :D :P Just so beautiful, precious and ok I admit it, just makes me go all 'meltified'! Something that's bound to touch women's hearts about a man holding and speaking about his baby in this lovely way! Adorable!!! :) :D :hug: :love:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:30 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I just Wish Lisa could Read this! Thanks Wanda! :love: :love:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:06 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

AMEN, me too! :) I'm sure it would mean a lot to Lisa to be able to read how her Daddy felt about her as a baby!

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]