It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Lisa Marie Leaving U.S. For England!
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:04 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Is Elvis's daughter Lisa Marie leaving U.S. for England?: Despite his huge following on this side of the Atlantic, Elvis never found the time to visit England. His daughter, by contrast, has become so enamoured with the UK that she is said to be looking to move her family over here.

Reports say Lisa Marie Presley is turning her back on her homeland, putting her two California homes up for sale and telling friends she hopes to resettle by the end of the year. The 42-year-old is said to have become sick of Los Angeles.

According to the National Enquirer magazine, the last straw was the revival last week of gossip claiming her ex-husband Michael Jackson was gay. Jackson’s long-time friend Dr Arnold Klein made the allegation after the late singer’s office manager Jason Pfeiffer went on TV in the US to claim he had a fling with his famous former boss. She and fourth husband Michael Lockwood, 49, are said to be looking to buy a stately home near London.

'During an extended stay there last year she made friends with the likes of Prince Andrew and Fergie, the Duchess of York, and she's excited about recording her first album since 2005 over there,' a source told the Enquirer. The singer has made no secret of her disdain for L.A., saying last year: 'The city has really gotten dramatically worse in the last five or six years, even more shallow if that’s even possible.

'I feel any place that is perpetually sunny suspect and wrong, anyway.

But Lisa Marie's mother Priscilla is not pleased about the plans, because she won't be able to see as much of her twin granddaughters.

She added: 'I can honestly say that I am the only person who came to England for the weather. I love the cold and the rain. We have fallen in love with the UK and it is our hope to live here some day.'

Raving about England during her trip last autumn, she added: ‘We have found the quality of life so much more enriching and fulfilling.

'The civility, the culture, the people and its beauty have reawakened me and have smoothed out some of my bleak and jagged views about people and life.’

But it is reported her plans have ignited a family feud with mother Priscilla, 64, who is said to be upset that she will not see as much of her granddaughters. Lisa Marie was at her mother’s side at the celebrations for what would have been her father’s 75th birthday at Graceland in January and at the Elvis Cirque du Soleil Viva show in Las Vegas in February.

'She’ll keep her getaway place in Hawaii and return periodically for Graceland business, but she plans on spending most of her time in Britain,’ the source told the Enquirer. (News, Source: Brian Quinn/David Gardner (Daily Mail) - www.dailymail.co.uk)

A Canticle For Elvis: In his latest novel, A Canticle For Elvis (Storytellers), A. J. Ragland brings Elvis Presley back to life on January 8, 2035 in order to lead the world into a new age of ascended being. The adventure combines the best of light science fiction and metaphysics with a good dose of humor. Plus, Elvis gets to sing some new songs.

"Between 1949 and 1954, a young man from Tupelo, Mississippi, kept a secret journal documenting the prophetic insights he experienced while sleepwalking. He hid the journal, together with other treasures, in an old hatbox his mother had given him. Had scientists in his century detected the super-concentration of mitochondria that gives rise to a hybrid human every few thousand years, or understood the true nature of delta wave brain activity prevalent in the young and the gifted, they may have discovered as I did—this sleepwalking young man was not alone on his walks."

From the moment Gabriele Kendall, a Memphis DJ, hears Elvis singing from the sky, she is propelled on a journey through seven days of world-shaking miracles and confrontations with world leaders—to the King's return and her own immortality. Tagging along on the journey are a quartet of wise-cracking flying droids, a talking car, an android housekeeper and her retro-loving genius of a dad.

Post subject: Re: Lisa Marie Leaving U.S. For England!
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:25 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks for posting this interesting article, whether it's just a rumor though like so much else is open to speculation, we'll just have to wait and see, huh? watch this space.... :hello: :love:

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:03 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: What I'm Confused about is I thought she had already Moved to England, :roll: and now this is being told. Did you read that she as a place in Hawaii, so she likes Hawaii like her Dad did. :love:

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:23 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Not that we've heard anything here but maybe so! :) :P I didn't know Lisa had a place in Hawaii but wouldn't blame her if she did though, such a beautiful place! :) :P :D

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:20 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Me Either! :love:

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:45 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:) :D :P :hello: :love:

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:56 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I wonder if it the same Place that Elvis liked in Hawaii, that Lisa as her House? :love:

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:00 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I wouldn't know, Hawaii is made up of quite a few islands so it might be but then again, perhaps not! :? :hello: :love:

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]