It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Why I'm Raising The Twins Outside Of Hollywood
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:06 pm 
Flame

Lisa Marie Presley: Why I'm Raising The Twins Outside Of Hollywood

Apr 30, 2012 by JENNY SCHAFER

Posted Image One of the most famous celebrity 'babies' of all time, Lisa Marie Presley, has had her fair share of personal turmoil. And being the child of a superstar can be hard for anyone to bear, especially when you’re heir to the King. But ­has she finally found her place in the world? Her new life and her new album would agree!

The only child of Elvis Presley and Priscilla Presley tells ELLE she's happier now more than ever with husband Michael Lockwood and their 3-year-old twin daughters Harper andFinley.

Presley explains their move to England, admitting public opinion can really sting.

"I’m horrible like that, I want to see it [the negative press], and then I’m just devastated because they’re so mean on the Inter­net,” she says.

It's no wonder she has sought a sense of anonymity far from Tinseltown.

I don’t want them to see this part of my life. They won’t understand it,” the protective mom says of raising the twins outside the limelight. "[I don't want them to] focus on really unimportant things like ‘Who Wore It Best.’  "

Presley was a rebellious teen, defying the American-princess image bestowed on her from her father's adoring fans — smoking cigarettes, using drugs, dropping out of high school, joining the Church of Scientology to name a few.

After three public divorces, she seems to have hit her stride at 44 alongside her loving family.

I think people think I’m harder and more arrogant and cocky than I am ­because I know how to put on a front, but it’s nothing like who I am inside,” Presley says of her public image. “I think people reveal themselves in their oppo­sites. To be ­honest, I’m ­really overly, scarily sensitive, and I feel way too much, so I have to have something to hide under.”

The media became obsessed with Elvis' little girl, particularly in the '80s when she wed her first husband Danny Keough, with whom she had two children: daughter Riley, 22, and son Benjamin, 19. The public attention only increased after her divorce from Keough, and high-profile marriages to King of Pop Michael Jackson and actor Nicolas Cage.

But Presley says she's finally met "the one" with husband No. 4.

I had to have gone through a lot of other things before I could appreciate him,” she says of her husband of six years, whom she refers to as her best friend and describes as “sane, patient, smart, and able.” She adds, “I don’t think you can be happy without knowing unhappiness as well, or else you don’t appreciate happiness.”

Presley admits that a second round of motherhood has softened her rough edges. She says she enjoys the experience more than she could when she was still still a kid herself, and adds that each of the twins resembles one parent in appearance and personality: Harper has Lockwood’s calm disposition, while Finley has more of mama's feisty spirit.

She will out-temper me, out-fuss me, out-yell me,” Presley says of Finley. Perhaps it’s payback? “I think so,” she laughs, “I know so.”

The mom-of-four admits her life isn't picture-perfect, but there's been many valuable lessons along the way.

I’ve been through so much in my life. I’ve seen so much. I know how fast things can change. I know someone can be here one minute and gone the next,” Presley says. “I know how fast life can shift direction and take the ground out from underneath you. I’ve seen it happen, and I’ve been a part of it too much, so I’m always kind of on guard because I’ve been blindsided a lot, like, ‘Whoa, wasn’t ready for that.’ ”

With her new album titled Storm and Grace being released this month, Presley bares her soul with a “this is me, take it or leave it” attitude.

And what about her older kids? Riley is a successful model turned actress, and son Benjamin is an aspiring bass player who may join his mom on tour later this year.

http://celebritybabyscoop.com/2012/04/3 ... ie-presley

Post subject: Re: Why I'm Raising The Twins Outside Of Hollywood
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:19 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Great Interview of Lisa, and I'm so Glad she is Happy and Comfortable with her Life. :love:

Post subject: Re: Why I'm Raising The Twins Outside Of Hollywood
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:20 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes, a great interview! Thank YOU, Liliane! :P

I sure expect that Lisa Marie relaxes and reaches a point of deep calm and confidence. She is a magnificent person and surely she'll grow to be able to experience her life with bright openness, dropping down any kind of limitative defences. England will help her through, like a tonic and a balsam...

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]