It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Memories from Priscilla and Lisa-marie 35Th
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:47 am 
Flame

NBC Today Show August 16, 2012 Part 1

Lisa Marie and Priscilla Presley sat down for the first time inside of Graceland with TODAY Show's Natalie Morales to talk about Elvis and how his legacy continues to live on in the hearts of his fans.

Lisa Marie talked about what Graceland means to her and how she felt at home every time she returns to her childhood home.

"I'm always really happy when I'm here," Lisa Marie explained. "It always reminds me of when I was the happiest, I think, in my life. It always just brings me back there when I come back."

Both women shared memories about Elvis on and off the stage and added that they never dreamed that fans would continue to come three decades later.

"That's the force of Elvis," Priscilla insisted. "I remember Elvis saying that he didn't really know if he gave up singing, if he did want to retire, he felt that people would forget him. And to see this every year? It's like, 'Oh my gosh, you were wrong. Look at this! Look what you do every year. Look who you bring.' It brings a smile to my face, because … if he only knew."

Watch Lisa Marie and Priscilla's entire interview by visiting http://www.TodayShow.com.

NBC Today Show August 18, 2012 Part 2

Lisa Marie and Priscilla Presley sat down for the first time inside of Graceland with TODAY Show's Natalie Morales and talked about what Elvis would be most proud of in part two of their exclusive interview.

Lisa Marie shared her favorite memories of being with her dad at Graceland and talks about her mother's quest to protect his legacy.

"She has, up until now, steadfastly defended him and protected him beyond belief since from when he was alive to after he passed away," Lisa Marie insisted. "She's done nothing but work diligently to protect him - legally, his image, personally, everything. She's gone to incredible lengths and heights that people might never even know about to make sure that he is protected."

Priscilla also talks about her relationship with Elvis and how, even after their divorce, they maintained a close friendship.

"When we were together, you never knew we were divorced," Priscilla said of their relationship. "We had a lot of affinity for each other and we were very good friends."

Watch Lisa Marie and Priscilla's entire interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kP2woBzr9M

Source: Elvis.com

Last edited by Liliane on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Memories from Priscilla and Lisa-marie 35Th
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:55 pm 
Owl

Hello, I thought I would share some of my memories of the 35th. I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was my first Elvis Week. I had been to Graceland once before in O8 but in the spring.
I'm not sure about EPE and all their marketing but, I am grateful that they preserved everything they have. It was truly wonderful to be there with everyone who feels the same as I about Elvis.
During the vigil I guess they pick different songs for the beginning each year and one of the songs this year was I'll Never Know. Well there is a line in it which says "some of the things we love the most we never understand" and I have always thought of that in terms of the way I feel about Elvis. Because I really don't understand why I love him the way I do. It was very emotional for me that that song was chosen for the 2012 theme song.
Also, I happened to be in the kitchen of Graceland when in walks Lisa Marie. She said we caught her needing to go the bathroom. She did an interview with some press from Brazil in a back room inside the house. No one really knew she was in there but I could hear her talking. Me and another guy who saw her kind of hung around thinking we might see her on the way out but, we didn't and I wanted to get back to see Ernst Jorgensen speaking. I ended up missing most of that but I think its posted on you tube. Any way I really had a great time and hope I can go again sometime. Was anyone else there this year? Camille

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:38 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Camillevelez, it always so Nice to see you here. I bet that was a Surprise to see Lisa Marie walk into where you were at GraceLand. Did you get a Pretty Good Look at Lisa, if so does she look as Much like her Dad had she does in Picture's. I have never been to GraceLand, and I don't know if I ever will get to with Living on want Little Income I live on from Disability. If I do ever get to, I would rather go to GraceLand when there was such a Crowd so I could take my time. So Thank You for Sharing your Great Experience! :love:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:45 pm 
Owl

Yes, It was a surprise for sure. She was only there for a few seconds but she stepped closer to us because one of the men asked if they could take a picture. She looked very pretty and thin. I guess she has lost all the weight from the twins. She does look like Elvis but she is short like Priscilla. I always thought she was a little taller than she actually is.
If you do get to go to Graceland the best time to tour the house is at the end of the day. Less crowds and you can take your time. Camille

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:58 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: So Lisa Looks like her Dad a lot in Person, I had seen Picture's of Lisa where she didn't look very Tall. :love:

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]