It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Lisa marie working in a mobile chip shop
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:44 am 
Flame

ELVIS Presley’s daughter has got customers All Shook Up after landing a job – at a mobile FISH & CHIP shop.

Lisa Marie Presley – the only child of Elvis and Priscilla – is often seen clad in an apron wrapping up people’s cod and chips in her pal's distinctive Mr. Chippy van.
The 44-year-old singer and her husband Michael Lockwood regularly serve customers, despite living in a £9million mansion nearby in the quiet English village of Rotherfield, East Sussex

Justin and Kim Scales, who run the business and the King’s Arms pub, say Lisa Marie and her husband "love helping out".
The four became pals after Lisa Marie and her hubby kept popping into the pub for a pint and a game of darts after moving to the UK two years ago.
Kim said: “Lisa likes to see how we live and experience it. We were laughing because the customers didn’t know it was her. She really enjoyed it.
“Her rich neighbours are confused that she wants to come to the pub. If they go out, they go to fine dining restaurants but Lisa and her husband say they don’t know what they are missing.
“When she is in the pub people treat her normally. It’s not a big deal, everyone has got used to her. She’s really friendly.”

One local said: “It’s amazing when you go for a pint and see Elvis Presley’s daughter sitting there drinking a pint of Guinness.
“What’s even more amazing is that she’s standing in a van serving up fish and chips to people - who would ever have thought that?
“The King of Rock and Roll’s daughter doling out portions of cod and chips to villagers in England.”

Lisa Marie recently said she loved living in the UK and was happy to have left behind “self-absorbed” Californians.
She said: “I lived in the same neighbourhood for 17 years and I didn’t even know a neighbour.

“When I moved here I was getting notes and flowers. That’s what I love about it. It’s simple, it’s not flash, it was a quality of life I needed.
“I can honestly say I am the only person who came to England for the weather. I love the cold and the rain.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... z27llw5FZB

Post subject: Re: Lisa marie working in a mobile chip shop
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:01 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

How great Lisa Marie has found such a free style of living...! :P I'm really happy she did. THANK YOU, Liliane, for the link.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject: Re: Lisa marie working in a mobile chip shop
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:35 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Yes I'm so Happy that Lisa has Found A Place she is Comfortable in Living at, and that she can be Herself and not be in the Spot Light like she is Usually. :hug:

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]