It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Priscilla Presley thinks 'The Simpsons' should be
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:17 am 
Flame

(BANG) -Priscilla Presley thinks 'The Simpsons' should be banned because ''it's not good for kids''.

The 67-year-old actress is not a fan of the animated TV show, which sees Homer and his dysfunctional family get into numerous escapades, because she believes it's content does not promote good morals.

When asked what she would do if she was 'Queen of Everything' in an interview with Stylist magazine, she said: ''I'd have to ban 'The Simpsons'. It's not good for people's moral compass. It's OK for adults as we can put it all together but it's not good for kids and I think we need to bring back something more family orientated like 'Leave It To Beaver' that I used to watch when I was growing up.''

Priscilla - who is playing the Wicked Queen in pantomime 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs' in London this month - is also worried about the decline of religion in Western society and is concerned about the amount of children being raised by divorced parents.

The 'Naked Gun' star - who was married to late rock 'n' roll legend Elvis Presley, who she separated from in 1972 and divorced in 1973 after six years of marriage - believes kids with parents and step-parents are getting mixed moral messages.

Priscilla explained: ''We're in trouble. Churches are going, religious leaders are being attacked. I do think we need guidance because we're in trouble right now for not having any. It's the same with parents. When we're growing up it's our parents who we look to to give us guidance, the morals, the ethics, the standards. I find that because kids are being raised by multiple parents with the divorce rate as high as it is, everyone is thinking differently.''

Priscilla's daughter Lisa Marie Presley - her only child with Elvis - has been divorced three times after marriages to Danny Keough, Michael Jackson and Nicolas Cage all failed.

Lisa Marie now lives in East Sussex, England with her husband, guitarist Michael Lockwood, and their four-year-old twin girls Harper and Finley and Lisa's two children.

Lisa also has two grown up sons, Riley and Benjamin from her first marriage to musician Danny.

www.divine.ca

Post subject: Re: Priscilla Presley thinks 'The Simpsons' should be
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:00 pm 
Site Admin

Well, I can't say much about the Simpsons' since I don't watch them and haven't. But I do feel inclined to agree with Priscilla's view in many ways, heaven's? I said that! Seems to me that young people do get mixed messages and have for years via television and films; and the fact that our generation grew up with different morals than our parents, values and circumstances changed and keep doing so with each generation. I think it is movies and television shows of various types
have loosened the morale ties quite a lot; sex is everywhere, it sells things, it catches attention where ever it's "used" and often it does not have even a hint of decency or care to have in doing what it does. I don't like seeing commercials that show young women in racy clothing, showing half their bodies and more getting in and out of cars, wearing expensive stuff, and looking like they are made up to be "obvious sexual objects" etc. No wonder the world sees us as the "great devils" because it sure would look that way to people who have not "grown into things so easily" as this country has. And our commercials and films are what those parts of the world are seeing and judging us by. Used to there were rules and regulations for such things, but now it's just about anything goes out there, as long as there is a buck to be made. That to me is wrong... so many hollar about "government regulations"...well,
I say there ought to be more strict ones regarding the US image and also for
the things shown on screen, in homes and at large. Call me old fashioned...I care not...but I DO care about what the United States looks like...right now it looks like it's running ahead straight into the "sleaze bowl" and greed is cracking the whip behind it. I absolutely hate it that kids have access to so much stuff via the internet and the fact that they and many of their peers and family are so dependent on electronic connections they can't live without phone in their hand or their ear. Personal contact with one another is going away-and being able to "be alone with one's own thoughts" is also. Kids today can't stand being alone with themselves...they don't know what to do! Scary stuff, when it comes right down to it, WE as individuals are the only ones who can do for ourselves... if you can't be alone and comfortable with your own thoughts, that is not a good sign. As I said, "call me old, out dated and silly" but it won't bother me!
wjh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:38 am 
Flame

This interview of Priscilla surprised me, specially that she mentioned people's moral compass and that it's a need to be more family orientated. Interestingly that she mentioned the decline of religions in Western society and her concerns about children which being raised by divorced parents.
Is this not a contradiction in terms to her own life? By herself she was not faithful in her marriage, never mind how difficult the circumstances in their marriage were. Elvis and she were divorced, so that means she also raised up a child alone - even Elvis was there as much as it was possible for him - but it was not the same as in a marriage. She is a member of the Scientology church which is a mind-washing sect. Did she think we need "guidance" of this sect? Both her children were involved in drugs. Lisa-Marie turned the corner, but her son Navarone? Before a few years he was in the headlines with his drugstory.
And didn't she laught at Elvis or behind his back when he tried to speak to her about religion, about his beliefs? Did she give her son Navarone a real home and a family? She didn't married his father.
In one point she is right: As adults we are or we become the person/human of what we learn of our parents, of their guidance and their moral compass, which our parents install in us.

Of course, she grow and developed to a certain point and may this is her opinion, but in my opinion she isn't the right person to point her finger.

@ Wanda.

First of all I like to say you are not old-fashioned, out-dated or silly. How you think and see is this what is installed in you - maybe of your parents, maybe of Elvis, maybe of life-experience.
Time has changed and now we live in a trendy world with a lot of different and nasty faces. But I think that each person can decide the way of how they want to live. Each person has his own ethic values and moral. Our parents are mostly our heros and role models and this what we experiences in our childhood and youth, this is formative.You're right -sex is everywhere and often
enough without a hint of decency, but for the youths of today it is normal to see naked woman on newspapers, in movies etc. Also too much crime and too much violence in TV and films.
Most people lost faith of everything, of God. We are living in a demanding and arteficial world right now. I can see a lot of egoism, selfishness and greed. But all this negative characteristics doesn't mean that I must be such a negative human or person. Each of us can choose of how we want to be or to live. That it is what God gave us as a present: To have a own free will and we are free to
decide what we want to do or how we want to live.

I just can talk of my county or Europe, but I can see a slightly turn to old values because we human need them as a anchor in our life. A life without love, moral and ethics is not a life full of joy but a life of struggling and without satisfaction.

A happy 2. advent to everybody. (A)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:04 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Angel Eyes Thank You for Saying want you did about Priscilla, I so Totally Agree with all you said. I would have said the same things but Not has Nice, I Never will when it comes to Priscilla.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]