http://youtu.be/kgjBAUvPQlE - Part 1

http://youtu.be/M-7vAySh4dM - Part 2

http://youtu.be/0x8JMjuZxlU - Part 3

http://youtu.be/UBDX6F1ModA - Part 4

Enjoy! :hello:

Post subject: Re: Lisa Marie - Driven
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:37 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:) These were very Good Videos, to me I think it shows how Lisa and her Dad Elvis were both Driven People but in Different Directions and for Different Reasons. Elvis was a Driven Person in the Direction to Better His Parents and Himself from The Poverty Elvis and His Parents were Born in and Lived in. As for Lisa Marie she is a Driven Person, to Be Her Own Person and because she didn't have to Better Yourself and Her Family Because of Poverty, but because of Being Her Own Person and to Prove to Yourself that she could Prosper by having the Career by having it with Hard Work and not by being Elvis Presley's Daughter. But Lisa Marie is also very Much alike her Dad, with not only Looking like Him and having a lot of her Dads Traits and Beliefs but they Both never really had a Childhood or Teenage Years. From the Time Elvis was Old Enough he held a Job, so he could Help his Parents Keep a Roof over their Heads and Food on the Table. Lisa was always in the Spot Light, and wasn't able to have a Normal and Fun Time once her Dad Died. :hug:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:38 am 
Flame

Óf course, Elvis liked to help his parents to get a better life. But I think he was more driven by satisfying his fans because he knew very well that he "owned them everything" like he always said. Except his mom and Lisa Marie, his music and his fans meant everything to him. But even he was very fast succesful in a young age (19 years) I think he had a childhood and also teenage years. Maybe in a different way because they were poor and had just enough money to survive. But his parents did everything for him and he "paid" it back as soon as he was possible to do. Even Elvis was aware of their poverty I think he enjoyed his childhood and teenage years as much as he enjoyed life. But his success and fame also brought problems to him. He was'nt able to live a "normal" life and do things like we can do. I think that his fame often was a great burden for him.

Lisa Marie is/was in another way driven - like you said Rose-Lyn. I think it is not easy to grow up in the shadow of Elvis. Everything she would do - like singing - people compare and quantify her on her father, not thinking that she is a own person with a own personality. And I'm sure she also had her share of bad experiences and "hangers-on" like her father, people who tried or did take advantage of her because she is a Presley.

It's a sad thing that so much people like to be befrieded with celebrities or famous people - but nor for themselves as a person but to take advantage or that they could claim "I'm a friend of....." :(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:54 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I Do Agree with want you said about how Elvis was Driven to Show is Love and Appreciation To His Fans for Giving their Love and Support to Him, I sometimes think Elvis Thought of his Fans has just Another Member of His Family. Because I have Never Seen Many Entertainers, has Famous has Elvis was and Still is Invite the Fans to his Front Yard to sign Autographs. I seen one Picture where Elvis was Leaning up against the Wall of GraceLand on the Out side just like he was another Fan, he did this is he was in Memphis or California. :love:

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]