It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Tupelo Birthplace Film to teach kids about Elvis
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:04 am 
Flame

Tupelo Birthplace Film to teach kids about Elvis: This week visitors to the Elvis Presley Birthplace and Museum had the chance to become part of the display. A film crew was on the grounds capturing footage for a 15-minute movie that will be shown at the birthplace’s theater beginning in the fall.
Elvis fans from Michigan and Ohio, as well as Germany and Australia, might find themselves in the film’s background, said director Chuck McIntosh, owner of McIntosh Creative Services. "I arranged for them to be here. The people from Australia were the hardest to get," McIntosh joked.
McIntosh wrote "Dream the Dream" with Donna Kaye Randle, a member of the Elvis Presley Memorial Foundation’s board of directors.
In the story, an adult tour guide tells four kids about the obstacles young Elvis had to overcome on his way to become one of the best-known entertainers of all time.
"The guide uses Elvis as an example," McIntosh said. "He tells them how everyone has a dream and how your dreams shape your life." The film’s budget is about $25,000, and it was provided by the Elvis Presley Memorial Foundation, which operates the birthplace.
Dick Guyton, executive director of the foundation, said the plan is to show "Dream the Dream" when third-graders visit the birthplace.
"Really, it’s to help kids understand Elvis, where he came from and what he had to go through," Guyton said.
He said another film is planned that would be shown to sixth-graders. The second film would examine some of the mistakes Elvis made in his life. "We want to educate them to the point where they can make the right choices," Guyton said. "If we can change just a few lives, we feel like we’d be accomplishing something."

Go HERE to read more
http://djournal.com/view/full_story/228 ... ws_bullets

(News, Source;NMDJ /ElvisInfoNet)

Post subject: Re: Tupelo Birthplace Film to teach kids about Elvis
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:16 pm 
Sun Dial

:hello: Liliane this sounds like it will be something to watch, because this guy doing this movie has me Wondering just want he is going to say about the Mistakes Elvis Made in his Life. I hope he Sticks to the Facts and Not Fiction. :love:

Without you I am nothing an could never be so bold. The times we've shared, the laughter and the tears. Priceless memories, treasures all. How could I ever fail? With you I don't fear that at all. Elvis Presley!

Post subject: Re: Elvis...alive
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:24 am 
Site Admin

Hi, just wanted to "toss out" this idea that has been whispered about
This is "for instance"...not fact.
What if Elvis pulled off a secret exit from his at the time, "down hill
health spiral" and escaped his life as it was back then? Could he have gone somewhere and quietly got his health back to as normal as it could be? Did he then find a way to live a quiet life, secretly and be able to still enjoy the normal things everyone does every day-but for him was a "special event" to "get to be normal" etc.
Did he escape into "oblivion" physically and famously? Could he have
done so, and would he have liked that life? I think it is likely that he
could have and perhaps did; after all he was always a simple living kind of guy, not a jet setter or rebble rouser type. He disliked the
fact he was always "on camera and chased around by those with cameras" and he enjoyed being a "regular guy" who could sing and made movies such as they were. Did he live quietly and carefully
kept behind the scenes these past years? Is he now sitting some
where with a fishing pole or reading a good book? And did he find
someone to share his life with...just one nice lady who understood him? Wondering again... wouldn't it be a breath of fresh air to know
that he was sitting out in a swing, on a porch, watching his horses and reading one of those "books" he so revered.
I like that thought; I hope it came true. If any one deserved to be alive, enjoying simple things and watching the world go by, it is
Elvis Presley, who turned the world on it's preverbal head so many
long years in the past... doesn't he deserve some peace and quiet
while his hair turns white like a normal person? I believe he does.
I hope he is. And I hope we never know for sure., because if we did...he would be ousted...into the world again...he wouldn't enjoy that- not once he had "tasted freedom" ...
Wanda june

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:21 pm 
Sun Dial

:hello: I do hope if he could have done this and was able to find someone to share, this Normal Life he was able to live. But I have my doubts, I don't think if he was meant to be secluded and Under Heavy Guard from the time he went into Hiding he would have been able to have found that Understanding some one. So if this is so then I can't see Elvis even if he was able to get his serious health problems, treated and liveable again has possible would he want to Live totally alone. But we can Hope! :love:

Without you I am nothing an could never be so bold. The times we've shared, the laughter and the tears. Priceless memories, treasures all. How could I ever fail? With you I don't fear that at all. Elvis Presley!

Post subject: Re: Legacy
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:03 pm 
Site Admin

Today it is 2014 and Elvis has now made the top of the hill!
He has been included in the "Most Influential People in the World". And as he would say, "I'm jus' a singer!" He is
rated at 12 in the list for inspiring young persons and entertaining the public in general...and not just for those
"fims" but for his voice and talent on stages around the US.
This also drifts over into the European countries that he never got to perform in but some he did visit when he served his military duties in Germany. His is considered to
be the most well known name in the world. That is around
the globe, people! He would be shaking his head in dis- belief! He just couldn't as he put it, "wrap my brain 'round nothin' like that!" Way to go Elvis!!!
wjh

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:19 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

This is GREAT!!! :bouncy: :D

You say dear Wanda: "Way to go, Elvis!", yet it is difficult to imagine in which direction it would go after such a wide range of recognition he has got... But I'm totally curious and expectant...! 8) :P

Lots of LOVE to you all! :hello:

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:30 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

yes, let us look forward to Elvis making more snd more positive impact as time passws!
So nice to meet you here, ladies!! :hug:

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 5:14 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, YES! Very nice to see you all here!!! It's been kind of
dry and a tad "dead" for a while but apparently unless one
is a member one cannot post! That is how the new management for the site has set it and I can't get it changed. They must have thought no one but members
were able or something? And old members who have not
posted in some time say they cannot do it now.
I have no control over that...I can delete and post and that
is it! May be a good thing...I might wipe the whole thing
out since I am a computer nitwit most of the time....
You all have a nice weekend, be safe and stay cool...it is in the 90's here and we feel it up on this mountain side.
the misters are running for the pets and we have air conditioners thank goodness.
Love to all,
wjh

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 9:22 pm 
Flame

It's great to hear from you Wanda.

Also earlier to say saturday I had go the forums and search of an old post, because I need it for my facebook page.

So today I had to logout to, and they ask for my username and password with also I had to do the letter chapcha to be able write to the forum.

Sometime they change it because they are no activities in the forum. And I think to keep safe.

Have a great day.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:30 pm 
Site Admin

I know sometimes it seems like "running around in circles" trying to get on and then get back on! I activated a couple
of people I know this morning...I hope they will be able to
post again. I almost didn't find them, there are so many
people from all around the globe who are trying to get on
this site...they must want to post or why would they not
just read? They may think they have to join to read... I don't know if it's me getting "dumber" or computers being
so much "smarter" to start with... I feel pretty stupid a lot
of times trying to do something and can't. Like I can not
manage to post a picture on here! It is either gigantic or
won't go at all...so I gave up. Bye, ya'll, have a nice day!
wjh

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]