It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Oprah at Gracelland with Lisa
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:17 pm 
Site Admin

On Oprah's show today, she will be at Graceland with Lisa. It is coming on at 8PM here due to a baseball game. I will tape it.

You can read and see photos here:

http://www2.oprah.com/index.jhtml

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:58 pm 
Site Admin

Great Maia! Never watch Opra much anymore-but that is great Lisa had her there-she's a big fan and I know she loved being at Graceland and seeing upstairs-if Lisa took her up. It would be like a first if she did! Lisa seems to be very, very picky about who gets up there in his rooms-now Pris let some musician rock guys up there but Lisa wasn't there at the time. I don't think anyone's been up there since-other than family and a very select few others. interesting to see if Opra got in! wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:52 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I seldom watch daytime TV, so I missed it as I did not read your post Maia till now.

But checked out the link, and apparently Oprah was allowed into a secret room at Graceland (no cameras allowed to protect location) which no fan has ever seen. It houses much of Elvis' memorablia, costumes, photographs, signed checks etc. This room is supposed to be fireproof, torando proof & earthquake proof. So I'm thinking this room has to be below ground in order to have that kind of protection, unless the walls and foundation are very thick, but then that would be noticeable above ground.

It pleases me to know that Lisa has much of her father's memorablia there & is concerned that it remain protected. I wonder how old the room is? Was it built during Elvis' day or was it Lisa's or Priscilla's idea to be built after his death? It's possible it could have even been there prior to Elvis buying Graceland. I'm curious to know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:25 pm 
Site Admin

I taped the show, will watch it tonight and let you know what my impression is...anyone else?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:34 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Here waiting for your impression, Maia, 'cause I'm curious and it is the only thing I'll get about it. Pity that I have none of those full channels anthene. :roll:

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:49 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

http://www.presleyspride.com/

you choose videos and on top you can see the oprah episode

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:30 pm 
Site Admin

It wasn't Oprha's whole show...just a segment of her "Road Trip." Love Lisa's absolute honesty! At the dinner table in Graceland, while all were chowing down Southern style, Oprah asked Lisa for a memory of a past dinner at the table there. Lisa responded that when she was 8 years old her aunt who was "rather raw" (Delta?) said loudly, "Lisa have you had your BM today?" To make matters worse, Lisa had a "boyfriend" visiting!

She was agast, jumped up and ran from the table! Orpah leaned over her plate and said, "Do you have that problem?" Lisa said, "Oh yes -- still do. It is prevelant on that side (Presley) of the family." We all know Elvis lived constipated!

Lisa asked Oprah: "Are you a fan?" She replied "Oh yes, I went to all the movies, have all the albums...my great-grandmother was a Presley." Lisa was very pleased and surprized and said, "Is that true? I read it in the Enquirer!"

Her husband Michael was there dressed all in white wearing a white hat (at the dinner table!). Looked somewhat angelic and didn't say much.

Lisa had flown from Hawaii just to be a Graceland for this and was then going to fly back. Wonder when it was taped and what island she was on?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:59 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wow, Nadine! Thank you very much!

As Elvis sang: "Ask and you'll be given..." :)

Loved to see it. My disappointment is that everything goes too fast. I would like to slow down the images and the speaking, specially Lisa's. I'm so interested in knowing her better (well, in my heart I feel her and "know" her somehow). But it takes pains from me understanding everything she says. She speaks so quickly.

I like Lisa Marie very much. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:48 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

No problem Amanda :D

And I like Lisa too, she reminds me in every way of her father.

Did you also see her becoming very sad looking when they went in that sealed archieve bunker and opening all the boxes?

At a certain moment they show his glasses and his ring and then you should look carefully at her face.

She also said she remembered "every detail" of her childhood.
She also remembered him reading her some stories.

We knew alreaddy that he did that because Wanda told us that but I think it was never ever mentionned in public until she did it now.

It seems to me there is still a lot of pain inside Lisa. I think not only because her father died so young but perhaps there are lots of other things she is aware of that was going on in his life and inside she is revolting a lot and cannot come at terms with it.

I don't know but probably she might be in therapy to "cope" with it. In my opinion she shows lots of emotion and grief still today. When I see Priscilla talking about her past with Elvis I do not see that at all.

They sure are very different.

I think if Lisa would have had the chance to grow up together with her father standing beside her she would have been inside a "happier" person then she is today.

Last edited by ALNA on Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:01 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Did you also see her becoming very sad looking when they went in that sealed archieve bunker and opening all the boxes?

At a certain moment they show his glasses and his ring and then you should look carefully at her face.

Yes Nadine, it called my attention while viewing it.

I felt sorry, not for her, but with because she wished to share with somebody she thought was worth for it, but at the same time, she resented it. Anyway, I think maybe it is healthy for her to let go more about her father, keeping him more and more in her heart. I believe she is really growing inside with this kind of steps she is going through. I truly believe that, to grow, one has to leave many things behind, mostly the dearest.

I have great faith on her. She is special and bright. She does what she feels, with great courage and dares to be herself. And behind all her sensibility there's a strong LOVE quality. What more can be asked?

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next