It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Unreleased song co-written by Elvis to be auctioned
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:36 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
A Song Co Written By Elvis For AutionSongwriter Paul Terry King (co- author of the last known song composed but never released by Elvis) is now auctioning off his copyrighted interest to the song titled, "Just Like Rollin' Up Hill" (registered under Elvis Presley's BMI work number 7600186 on BMI.com).

Elvis Presley and former American Studios songwriter Paul Terry King co- wrote two songs in 1973 and performed them privately - "If I'd Only Bought Her Roses" and "Just Like Rollin' Up Hill."

"If I'd Only Bought Her Roses," US copyright PAu-1810-413, was purchased by Elvis-A-Rama in 2005. Elvis-A-Rama was planning an Elvis impersonation contest with the winning contestant singing "If I'd Only Bought Her Roses."

The song (along with remaining assets of Elvis-A-Rama) were purchased by billionaire Robert Sillerman's company CKX in 2005 for an undisclosed amount prior to release.

Sillerman purchased an 80% stake in Graceland in 2004 and last year acquired the hit show American Idol. To date Sillerman has let Elvis Presley's last known song, "Just Like Rollin' Up Hill," slip through the cracks. You can hear it on http://www.ElvisSong.info.

So, devoted fans, music enthusiasts, entrepreneurs and/or entertainers can now bid and get copyright and performance rights to one of the most prized possessions of the King himself, his music.

"It's Now or Never!": Sillerman is acquiring everything Elvis. This opportunity will never be available to the public again.

The song will be available to the public for auction on eBay Jan. 19th, 2007. Bid opens at $10,000 at 5 PM PST. To listen to song, press inquiries, etc., go to http://www.ElvisSong.info or contact eBay powerseller Mike Waters at 801-628-5323. Source: Google / Updated: Dec 21, 2006
Source: http://www.elvisnews.com/Presentation/F ... &item=8527

I do hope Mr. King is being truthful in saying that Elvis is a co-author of these songs. If so, it's good to hear that Elvis, at least for a short time, felt like he had something to offer in writing songs. He had such a poetic heart that I believe he could have written many quality songs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:45 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:34 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:50 pm 
WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS! FAIRYTALE! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:09 am 
Sun Dial

How exiting...I never knew Elvis wrote a song ever. Icant wait to hear of it or to see the words.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]