It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Elvis, a multiple ghost voter in New Guinea
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:41 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

In Papua New Guinea, there is trouble in the polls, because there appears many voters by the name of Elvis Presley! :P

http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/news/el ... inea.shtml

Even in a so far country, Elvis is well known enough as to be the one choosen to falsificate a vote. :roll: It's sad and yet so funny! :P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:09 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Well it is possible that some really are named Elvis! But probably not all, as a few voters were named as kings and queens too. It's a testament to Elvis' popularity there after all these years that he captured so many ghost voter votes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:45 pm 
I think more people should have the name Elvis, I know if I had a son thats what his name would have been. FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:53 pm 
Site Admin

There are quite a few around here, and some older ones in Highschool, there is one kid in Perris, a very nice looking, tall boy who plays on the soccer team. He is black and has blue eyes! I talked to the lady who works at the grocery store and this Elvis works there too-she said he was such a nice kid, polite and does his work well and she thought he "lived up to his namesake" nicely. His mom has blue eyes also-but she doesn't think his father is at home any longer. The young man works and goes to school and plays soccer so he's a busy boy. Wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:27 pm 
I know Elvis would be very Proud of this Young Man having his name, because he is living the example that Elvis Lived. :D FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:53 pm 
Site Admin

I remember an Elvis fan of many years ago, saying that when he met Elvis he told him he'd named his son after him and Elvis said, "Are you kidding? I thought they only named their DOGS after me!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:39 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:P

Elvis was not that day on an ego trip, indeed! This one was a funny and witty answer...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:14 am 
Site Admin

Hi ya all! I restored my computer to a day back in 2006 and it's working good right now! So am posting up a storm things I had been wanting to put on and couldn't.
I spent the morning with Suzy at the beautiful place she is in now-she is doing okay but not herself in that she can't remember anything short term at all. But she's safe and it is a great place-I would like to live there. We set a date for the Elvis Movie Day-which has turned into 2 afternoons in June and I am going to show the two video's for He Touched Me- Since there are two it will be over two Movie Days 2 weeks apart. And the lady in charge of entertaining didn't even get it on paper when several ladies who live there overheard and wanted to sign up-by the time I was leaving (was there 5 hours with Suzy) 37 had signed up for the first and second showing. I have a feeling this is going to be something like a big deal! Two little old fellows signed up too. They are brave souls! Anyway, I thought that would be a good set to begin with and then I'll see what they want to see the next time-concert footage or whatever.
Suzy's daughter in law sees that she takes her meds and she's doing pretty well physically-she's restless and she would like me to stay round the clock but of course I can't do that. It's hard to say bye til the next time but I guess I'm "paying for my youth" as she has been very good to me and my family for a lot of years. She has been dreaming about Elvis she says, he comes and holds her hand and talks to her but she can't remember what he says. But she says they laugh and he sang to her until she went to sleep. She doesn't have a radio she can work (can't remember how) and no tv in her room.
So he may have just done that because now she can sleep through the night because Elvis is there to make things all right. That's what she said. "He makes things all right, just like he always did."
The manager of The Lakes where Suzy lives wants to play some cds of Elvis music for the people who are out in the lobby/living room areas and upstairs in the game areas and so I am going to get a couple for them. The books I donated to their two libraries have disappeared-someone either has taken them or they are "out" being read-and reread??? Whatever, they're missing and no one seems to know where they went or are. That happened with the hardbacks that went out to libraries in 78 also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:41 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda June Hill wrote:
Quote:
I am going to show the two video's for He Touched Me-
Quote:
She has been dreaming about Elvis she says, he comes and holds her hand and talks to her but she can't remember what he says. But she says they laugh and he sang to her until she went to sleep.

"He Touched Me" is an excellent DVD set. I can just imagine the folks will enjoy it very much.

I think Elvis really is paying Suzy dream time visits to help lift her spirits in her final years. He seems to be quite busy lately visiting many people's dreams.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:05 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
She has been dreaming about Elvis she says, he comes and holds her hand and talks to her but she can't remember what he says. But she says they laugh and he sang to her until she went to sleep. She doesn't have a radio she can work (can't remember how) and no tv in her room.

So he may have just done that because now she can sleep through the night because Elvis is there to make things all right. That's what she said. "He makes things all right, just like he always did."

I could not help crying reading about how much love for Suzy El'vis shows now that she needs it, "making things all right" for her. I'm so happy for her... It's so wonderful she may have this experience of True Love at the last stage of her life here and take it with her when time comes to cross the veil between realms, having there El'vis to hold her hand and to accompany her across. What more could one wish?

Page 1 of 2 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next