It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: "Elvis Lives: The 25th Anniversary Concert Event"
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:17 pm 
Site Admin

I taped this last night and will watch it tonight and report on it on this thread. Hope some of you will be able to watch it this month:

http://elvis.com/news/full_story.asp?id=1190

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:45 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

PBS is playing this all over the country, and I saw it last night. Really enjoyed it , except not having cable my screen was somewhat fuzzy. I wish to get the DVD in this to have a clearer picture and to see the extra footage and interviews.

It's encouraging to note that co-executive producer, Joe Moescho (of the Imperials), mentioned that 1/2 of the audience at these concerts is under age 35. The one being shown on PBS was filmed in Memphis and had many of the original band & back-up group members playing or singing along side a larger than life screen of Elvis. It was very well put together I thought, and is bringing Elvis to a new generation of kids.

I was especially moved by the How Great Thou Art segment in which all the quartets -- the Jordanaires, the Imperials, & the Stamps were backing Elvis up for a wonderous choir sound. Elvis I'm sure would have been thrilled at such an event.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:23 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Elvis I'm sure would have been thrilled at such an event.

I'm sure he IS thrilled at that event, in Spirit.

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:53 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

RIGHT ON, CHRISTINE! :P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:14 pm 
Site Admin

I found it so inspiring!

They said that the huge audience of several thousand people - HALF were under 35! They showed the audience several times throughout the show. They had a magical, look on their faces - they all did (as the camera panned them). THOSE people - at least many of them - WOULD NOT SCOFF AT WHAT WE HAVE TO SAY ABOUT ELVIS. Their comments about Elvis (when interviewed after the show) shown with amazement and LOVE - even the 16 year old. The last two songs were from the Aloha show: Trilogy and Can't Help Falling In Love. the WHOLE audience STOOD UP while he sang trilogy - just stood there, with this glow of GLORY on their faces - and REMAINED STANDING THROUGH "Falling in Love!"

INCREDIBLE!! :)

My favorite number was How Great Thou Art, with ALL Elvis' current back up groups (what is left of them) singing live with him!

Seeing all those people as they are now - as Tony M. said: "There were only 50 of us...." meaning only that many close with him, working making music with him at one time or another....it is moving. I remember being around alot of them - talking with some of them - those many years ago in Vegas in in some of the other cities on tour.

Those of us who were there at the shows then -- over and over -- we comprise another "group" that lived history with Elvis. The feelings arouond that are DEEP for me.

Then there are the even more unique ones like Wanda and Susie...others we don't know about.

When Elvis touched you, you were never the same. Even those of you who were never around him in-person - YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN on some level of your experience.

The closer you got, the deeper it got. That is what Lisa said:

Quote:
"There was no difference between his image and who he was; except for that who he was, was even more important and bigger. Everything you saw that he had was what was there, what he gave, and he never put up a front of any kind. He was who he was, and that’s what came through; and his image didn’t come anywhere near to what he was as a human being.”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:20 pm 
Site Admin

Blue Moon wrote:

I was especially moved by the How Great Thou Art segment in which all the quartets -- the Jordanaires, the Imperials, & the Stamps were backing Elvis up for a wonderous choir sound. Elvis I'm sure would have been thrilled at such an event.

Laurie,
That is EXACTLY how I felt and what I thought when this part of the show was on!! :D As soon as this song started, I too thought that Elvis would have been beyond thrilled and overwhelmed and such an occurance!! :D This might sound strange, but I also stood up during "Trilogy" and remained through "Falling In Love" and as I was standing and listening to and feeling all the beauty and majesty coming through my TV in these songs, I first felt a cool breeze, then a loving, comforting warmth literally envelope me and kind of hug me. :D The thing is, all the windows and doors in the house were closed and the heat wasn't on either. :? Maia, could this possibly have been Elvis letting me know he was there experiencing all of this beauty and GLORY with me? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:03 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Those of us who were there at the shows then -- over and over -- we comprise another "group" that lived history with Elvis. The feelings arouond that are DEEP for me.

Then there are the even more unique ones like Wanda and Susie...others we don't know about.

When Elvis touched you, you were never the same. Even those of you who were never around him in-person - YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN on some level of your experience.

The closer you got, the deeper it got. That is what Lisa said:

Quote:
"There was no difference between his image and who he was; except for that who he was, was even more important and bigger. Everything you saw that he had was what was there, what he gave, and he never put up a front of any kind. He was who he was, and that’s what came through; and his image didn’t come anywhere near to what he was as a human being.”

It's so touching to read what you say above, Maia. It brings closer to me the feeling that those with the opportunity to be near Elvis, must have had. "The closer, the deeper" I never was close to him physically and he turned my life up and down and up... Just imagine Wanda, Suzy, you...!

I'll have to wait to see that beautiful concert on TV. Maybe some time...

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:08 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wonderful experience! Thank you for sharing, Maia and Mary!
Hope to watch this in the future!

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:32 pm 
Even though I didn't get a chance to see this concert, I could just see it in my mind Maia and Mary. I could see the Wonder in those Teens Eyes and feel the Glory of the singers, and I got tears in my eyes. Like you Said Maia, even though there is a lot on here including me that didn't have a chance to see Elvis he as Touched My Mind, Heart, and Life with his Love. I do hope I well be able to see this Concert, Thanks for Sharing this with us. Barbara Lea!

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]