It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 5 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:07 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Does anyone know what movies Elvis did like to do??

Raina, do you mean what movies he liked to WATCH or which of HIS movies he liked?
I read once that he liked himself in KID GALAHAD and most probably in KING CREOLE. Most of his films he didn't like at all :roll: :wink: :?

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:48 pm 
Flame

Sarena I ment which movies he did, that he liked to do :wink:

I like some of his movies and don't agree with him that they are 'bad'
Some were quite good. Sure maybe the script could have been better, or he could get better roles...
Because he was a good actor!

I like his movies because even though when he is in his roles, there is still Elvis. That twinkle in his eye, that smile. I instantly feel happy when watching his movies! And he came here to bring joy to people.
So in his perspective the movies might have been bad. And he sure could have handled more difficult roles....

But he brings a smile to my face and makes me happy, as I'm sure more people will agree with me here. So from my point of view most of his movies were a succes! :D

I just wish he could have enjoyed it more, though I heard he pranked alot on the set, so he did have fun alot of times.
It also takes a good actor to make a silly movie into something worth watching. So he could have done other roles.

He still succeeded to make people smile and laugh, and that's great...

People who bring joy to others will be in the hearts of many for much longer then an actor who did a few "good" movies. Good actors come and go, it takes more then that. Elvis had a big heart, and he could, and still does, touch yours. People like that are not easily forgotten.

Love, Raina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:28 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Beautifully said Raina, and so true!!! We all watch Elvis movies because Elvis is in them. Even the ones which have poor scripts and were made on the cheap we watch because it is another chance for us to see Elvis. And sometimes one can feel him hurt inside because he was forced at times to sing silly or bland songs, but still he does a good acting job & does his best to put on a good show. Even in his lesser movies a part of him always touches us.

Elvis shines in all of his movies, whether the scripts are good or bad, so that should tell one of the amazing presence he had on and off the screen.

Also, the movies are clean family fun too. I guess I'd be considered old fashioned now a days, but I like for there to be romance and imagination in movies, as opposed to two people meeting each other and then hopping into bed 2 seconds later.

Maybe Wanda could comment on which of Elvis' movies were his favorites & which ones he disliked the most.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:06 pm 
Site Admin

I know he especially liked/thought the best scripts were Jailhouse Rock and King Creole. He wouldn't watch Loving You or talk about it-it made him sad and his mom was in it at the end in the audience. He thought he was awful most of the time in Love me Tender and hated that they changed the title of the movie to the song title and that he had to sing in it when he was "promised" he wouldn't sing in it at all. That was his wish, not to sing in movies...of course those made the most money so...
He didn't like Easy Come, Easy Go, Double Trouble and he didn't like the way the Indians were portrayed in Stay Away Joe, but he liked the cast and he had fun doing it but he thought it was "stupid and silly"... and the only thing that made it any thing at all were the other people in it with him-and the fact he got to "act like a man".
Most of the time he didn't say much about the movies he did-though he dutifully sent me stills and didn't complain after he found out I gave most of them away to people who didn't have any pictures of him. Col. Parker's office would send out the crappiest pictures-it was a big joke I think! I saw a couple that people had recieved from his offices-dinky little things, faded out and usually not very good ones. It was odd but they'd throw hundreds and hundreds of perfectly good photo's in the trash! Crazy!
I told Elvis I liked Wild in the Country-and thought he did a good job, very realistic acting and I especially liked the scene he did with his co-star Hope Lang in the motel.
So he told me how he kept turning red and she liked doing that to him on purpose, that he'd had "boils on my ass" during the filming of that and she came in his room where he was laying on the bed and lifted up the wet towels and the sheet to see them...and he was embarassed again. And that she had helped him with some of the scenes, so it would be more "real". She told him he was an "ancient soul" and that his eyes were "transparent" but didn't explain what that meant. But he didn't say he liked the film script-other than he didn't like it that they had to add a singing part in it "to sell the movie" he thought. He just wanted a solid role, something that "said something" to people. He thought movies ought to "touch people's heart if not their souls". He liked the dark haired girl who co starred with him-can't think of her name. And too, there was Tuesday Weld whom he said was "way older in worldly things" than her age, whatever he meant by that I do not know. I think a long time ago I read something about he said something like "she scared him". wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:14 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda June Hill wrote:
He didn't like Easy Come, Easy Go, Double Trouble
Well in Easy Come, Easy Go he had to sing the Yoga song and in Double Trouble he had to sing Old McDonald.
He surely must not have felt cool singing those songs.
Here he was this rock star being forced to sing like Mr. Rogers in these two films.

Wanda, didn't Elvis also have boils during the filiming of Charro?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:20 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, he said that he did and they hurt riding the horse etc: and that his clothes were so "stiff from all the sweating it was unbearably hot on the location site, he could stand them up and just jump in them come morning. I'm sure they weren't NOT washed etc: and the dirt was probably "stage prop" dirt etc: but each day he sweated like a everything. He told me like "a hog" and I told him hogs can't sweat-that's why they like to lay in water/mud etc: and he said "Really! I didn't know that!" as if it was some mind blowing piece of knowledge or something. He did like to learn "new things". wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:09 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks Wanda for confirming that re Charro.
I have to ask you how on earth did he get the boils filming Wild in the Country?

Here are some Follow That Dream pics:

I have to add how much I like the song "Follow That Dream". Elvis sings it perfectly with his beautiful clear voice, the music is upbeat and fun, and the message is one we all need to have sink down in to our souls. We all need to follow the dream of our heart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:43 pm 
Site Admin

Well, I don't know. But I do know that they can be spread from person to person-things to persons-etc:.
I know that because my Aunt had them very deep and bad on the back of her neck- I stayed with her for a few days helping to care for them as she could not-and I used the tub where she also did-it was clean, but apparently not clean enough because I developed a boil on my neck just at the hairline-her's were a big lower and she had leaned her head back on the tub I guess as that is what I did soaking in bubble bath at her place. The doctor she had who came to the house to check on her (boy that was way back there-I was 15) said that I got it from her-and most likely since I was careful with my hands etc: as I didn't want any-I had come in contact with the germs/bacteria that causes them and so I got one too. Mine was very small and didn't do like hers-some people have a natural immunity. Most in fact-but they can come up if you re run down or haven't a strong immunity system- He did not, and it was so hot there and he may have used a tub etc; towel-(even soap) that someone else used plus that germ that causes them is present everywhere on earth anyway. So who knows- He was "plagued" with them he said-he'd had them all his life off and on but "not usually on ma ass".
Tub users beware! If other people use them-like in hotels, motels etc:....community places...plantar warts can be picked up in the same places-anywhere there is dampness and bare feet etc;... I got that from my girlfriend whom I was living with after I left home-she had them on her feet-guess where mine were. I never had anything hurt so badly as the acid the doctor put around mine that were on the bottom of my left foot.
Never had them again. Never had another boil after I got rid of that one either. Hope I never do! Poor Elvis-he had them two times and had to keep working where everyone knew it! He said he had scars from them when he was a child. I didn't ask where. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:50 pm 
Site Admin

Elvis enjoyed making the films because they all had fun, playing jokes, laughing, teasing each other, doing crazy things, water fights etc: and he liked getting to talk to "new people" on each film. He just didn't like the scripts and the silly things he had to do in some of them.
And he hated doing the same thing over and over-he said he didn't have to read the script much-he already knew what he had to do and say. He liked to adlib better and did when he could get away with it. And he liked trying to make his co-stars and fellow actors break up on their 'serious' scenes. He would have been having fun at every opportunity for sure. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:27 pm 
Site Admin

Wanda, thanks so much for letting us know that Elvis was at least able to find joy and laughter while he was making the movies that he did :D . It
makes my heart so glad to know that he was able to be happy during the actual movie making process since the movies or scripts themselves made him so miserable. I think that this picture(on the set of "The Trouble With Girls") shows exactly what Wanda was talking about. :D

That's our boy! :wink: :D Hard at work but still havin' lots of laughs!! :D :lol: This picture always makes me smile whenever I see it. :D How can it not? His smile and laughter is so wonderfully contagious!! :D I do wonder what was so funny though?? :?

Page 2 of 5 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next