It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: GLOBE TREKER on Elvis
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:51 pm 
Site Admin

I saw a bit of Graceland and the Candlelight Vigil (probably 2006) on "Globe Treker" last night. It was just a short segment, but something really struck me. There was this male Elvis fan, probably in his early 50's with sideburns, glasses - the Elvis look. And the "Treker" was touring his home in Memphis with him. It is one big, huge Elvis shrine. We have seen this sort of thing many times. It always intrigues me. We are not talking about a wall here (like I used to have and many of you still do - if I had ROOM I would still have one) but a whole house -EVERY INCH!

In a way, even though it is Elvis, I still have a part of me that says, "Hey this guy is WAY overboard." He said his wife couldn't take it anymore, so she said "Elvis or me" and he chose Elvis!

But then...then he said something that really moved me. I am paraphrasing here, as I can't remember the exact words, but he looked at the "Treker" and got this soft look on his face and said, "He was loved by so many people. I am loved, but not like that. I WOULD GIVE MY LIFE TO BRING HIM BACK FOR HIS FANS."

It goes to show that before we judge anyone we need to stop and see what might be the true motive of their actions. I believe that motive is ALWAYS LOVE. Either a very desparate desire to be loved and thus grab power instead, as one does not know, has not been shown love - like a Saddam Hussein - or a desire to bask in the light of love and do some kind of GOOD by perserving it in some way - like this Elvis fan.

Post subject: Re: GLOBE TREKER on Elvis
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:56 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

maia wrote:
I can't remember the exact words, but he looked at the "Treker" and got this soft look on his face and said, "He was loved by so many people. I am loved, but not like that. I WOULD GIVE MY LIFE TO BRING HIM BACK FOR HIS FANS.".
It goes to show that before we judge anyone we need to stop and see what might be the true motive of their actions.

Well if he would be willing to give his life to bring Elvis back for the fans, it speaks of an unselfish love. He has concern for the fans and wishes Elvis were here for them, and since Elvis is not, he does his best to keep the Elvis flame alive. So I see your point Maia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:10 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

The other day, as I was viewing the Aloha Concert with my friend Montse, I became aware of how Elvis created a sacred space when singning the "American Trilogy". Yet, as a matter of fact, I believe that his voice and his presence always created that effect, maybe not so clear to be seen, but to be felt even unconciously. I believe that his connection to his Heart and thus to God built a field of resonance for anybody around, thus bringing them closer to their own point of conexion, Love being the "product" and the mean for it.

I think that when we wish to keep him present in our lives, what we want is to keep that inner connection to our SELF and to GOD, that Elvis makes easier for us, through resonance. In Elvis' "pool of Love" we bathe and drink and feed... and keep the memory of ourselves and the hope, 'cause God seems closer, at our reach, which is undoubtfully true! :P

Probably people try to recreate these sacred spaces in relation to Elvis, like the precious wallpaper Kenya posted today in another thread or this fan Maia talks about with his movilhome, very much attuned with Elvis function on Earth.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:54 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I agree with all of your opinions, ladies.
WE are somehow able to understand the motives and the WHY, but it may be sad outwardly for the wife of this fan.... :roll: :?

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:11 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Sarena, you are right. (I forgot totally this fan's wife. :oops: :oops: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:22 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes, Amanda, ...... the HEART makes/made the choice. And the fan was honest to her and was not able to give up Elvis and his way of expressing his love for him.
It's not easy to be able to share love for some people (as in the case of the wife)

As Elvis sang in his beautiful song "That's when your heartaches begin":

"Love is a thing you never can share..."

(Well, I think it is possible if the love is unselfish.. :roll: :roll: )

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:58 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
(Well, I think it is possible if the love is unselfish.. )

Yes, Ma'm. I agree! And I feel like this is where we ALL are going in our evolutive path, ones a little ahead from others -yet, I consider it our next stage for humanity, observing it from a linear perspective.

From another point of view, I believe we all are THERE somehow, but we have forgotten it in order to experiment and learn from our way back to what WE really ARE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:32 pm 
Site Admin

I believe we can really see this reflected also in Priscilla not being willing to share her husband with "Elvis Presley" - if you get my point!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:23 pm 
Site Admin

maia wrote:
I believe we can really see this reflected also in Priscilla not being willing to share her husband with "Elvis Presley" - if you get my point!

You are so right Maia. I agree with you 100% on this.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]