It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 3 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:13 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

you are right Amanda..she was only too loud as always :wink: but lack of feeling was annoying..she has a technique right, but she can't get into the songs emotionally..just my opinion of course, coming from my weary head.. :roll: one more thing..I didn't like to seee him in that "Idol" stage..these shows, American Idol and such are the ones I'm totally against of..unfortunately the show belongs to EPE's new boss..darkness is what I see at the background of concept but an enormous light, coming from our boy shining above all and filling the whole place,in spite of greedy bussiness efforts..

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:41 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
just my opinion of course, coming from my weary head..

Your weary head keeps on working just fine, it seems, Zey-Zia. 8)

I can share much of what you say. Yet I think too, it's important that Elvis is known with all his Light by young people, very much in need to have references of trueness and honestity with oneself, of capacity to express Love, Faith and Hope from the heart, as Elvis did. He expressed himself at full length, daring, breaking barriers and this is a formidable example for youngs in a time when individuality is so much aborted.

Besides, his voice is therapeutic (as we already know), soothes and brings joy to the heart, which is very much needed too, and creates a resonance that may trigger deep feelings of Love. Who can give more? :wink: :P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:53 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Amanda & Zey, that's an interesting observation you made with regard to Celine and her not being emotionally into the song. I did not even notice that as I think I was so mesmerized by how it was put together. Thinking back on it, I believe you are right.
But I wonder if it had something to do with her being very concerned to sing it just right, hitting everything on cue. It must be hard to relax & get totally into the song in such a situation when one has to do a duet like that, having to follow along with Elvis exactly perfectly. No room for any error.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:06 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Laurie,

I think you might be right there. She seemed to me distraught from expressing feeling due the care she put in fitting the timing with Elvis. I'm not used to see her, so I can't compare with other times when she sings alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:17 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Amanda, I have to admit I haven't seen her sing much alone either. Maybe just 2 or 3 times, and only one song each time, over many years, so I wouldn't be a good judge either to know her typical singing style, if she sings with more emotion in her solo songs, or if she is more of a technical singer. Perhaps someone who has seen her more can comment & offer some insight.

Today, btw, the duet is the # 1 selling song on iTunes, and the purchase of it benefits "Idol Gives Back", which is raising money for charities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:44 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

There is a quote of a woman who rated the video.
Quote:
It only goes to show you, if you want the best theirs only one singer that can bring down the house. The most amazing moment of this performance happened afterwards, when my daughter who is 13yrs. old was so blown away she told me if she can down load the clip and she also wanted to down load the song . Its amazing how he can touch so many generations I was touched by the whole experience.

I also don't like shows like "American Idol" that much, but is if it has effects like this.....

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:48 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you Christine for sharing that quote. It pleases my heart to know that Elvis is still affecting even young folks who may know little about him.

From what I've read EPE has no plans to release the duet other than the iTunes download for charity. Elvis sang "If I Can Dream" with such intensity, and I was also thinking about the words. Why not release the original solo version of "If I Can Dream" as a single into the top 40 music world. Just because it didn't go to # 1 in the late 60's doesn't mean it wouldn't now. And it would be such appropriate timing. Not only because of the duet's success, but the words call for "peace and understanding", and we sure do need that now, especially with seemingly no end to war in the Middle East.

Elvis had the great capacity to reach & touch peoples all over the world. I think it's because deep down, whether they knew or not, the love of God shown through Elvis. He could still be a unifying force, even today.

Post subject: Celine
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:22 pm 

I agree she did show a lack of emotion. I think Celine is more in her element singing love ballads. Like the theme from the Titanic

Di

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:09 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Why not release the original solo version of "If I Can Dream" as a single into the top 40 music world. Just because it didn't go to # 1 in the late 60's doesn't mean it wouldn't now. And it would be such appropriate timing. Not only because of the duet's success, but the words call for "peace and understanding", and we sure do need that now, especially with seemingly no end to war in the Middle East.

Yes, Laurie, the timing is perfect......let's hope they'll do it !!!

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:50 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I don't know how either, Julie. I've tried without success. :roll:

Sarena wrote:
Quote:
Why not release the original solo version of "If I Can Dream" as a single into the top 40 music world. Just because it didn't go to # 1 in the late 60's doesn't mean it wouldn't now. And it would be such appropriate timing. Not only because of the duet's success, but the words call for "peace and understanding", and we sure do need that now, especially with seemingly no end to war in the Middle East.

Yes, Laurie, the timing is perfect......let's hope they'll do it !!!

This is a great idea, Laurie! I hope that someone with capacity to decide will read you.

Page 2 of 3 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next