It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 3 of 3 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:15 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Below is a video clip showing how the duet was done. Apparently there was a body double used and yet also the original real image of Elvis was used, somehow superimposed over the body double. I'm still a little confused as to how it was done.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHyTwNo_O5c

Here is another clip of the performance. There are still clips available on Youtube and this is one with a better quality picture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRmdZjcKvyU

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:16 pm 
Site Admin

Joe Krien wanted a cd of it Ms. Julie Sharon Rose. I love that name...it rolls off the tongue so smooth and pretty.
wjh His computer is on the fritz also-heating up and he has to get off it before it dies. He couldn't make a copy...didn't know how. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:31 pm 
Site Admin

I agree 100% with Blue Moon about this being the perfect song to release as a single into the Top 40!! :D It's message of unity, PEACE and brotherhood for all is so beautifully and powerfully put across in the way that Elvis sings it!! :D It sure would be great for the world we live in today to hear! :D Hopefully, someone with the authority to do so will take note of this wonderful suggestion and actually put it into effect. :D Like you Sue, I wasn't really too keen on Celine's voice with Elvis's though as it didn't really seem to blend or harmonize all that well. It seemed like the key she was singing in was too high for his beautiful melody. Also like you said though, since it was done in the spirit of Charity Elvis would indeed have approved of it. :D

Page 3 of 3 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3