It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: is that true
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:18 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Julie, I haven't heard of the Eurovision show being played in America, unless it's on cable, which it could be, but I don't know as I am one of the few who still does not have cable.
As for Elvis being in White Noise, I had read that too but didn't know it was on the 2nd one. I haven't seen the 1st one yet. Is it any good?

juliepresleyfan wrote:
a few more elvis films coming on dvd oh goody .

The original TTWII is coming out this year on DVD, to be combined with the Special Edition. I do wish they would also add bonus songs not covered in either version. But won't hold my breath. :oops:
I was also reading that "This is Elvis" is coming out on DVD. I have never seen this movie but have read other Elvis fan comments. Mixed reviews. Has anyone here seen it and what did you think of it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:41 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

240 rare CD's!! Wow. You will be kept busy listening every day I think! Yes, I would be interested in the Elvis Talks one. Thank you for offering Julie, always the giver you are. You remind me of Elvis in that respect. I have almost no rare stuff, so this will be a treat. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:52 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, Starla got the Elvis Talks one, it's pretty good and has some early interviews and some phone calls made to him when he was in the army-Wink Martindale I think.
And I think it also has one made on a movie set in the mid 60's but doesn't have the interviewer on it-I think it was May Mann and the Col. would not allow her to tape him, she did and then couldn't use it for a long time but finally it got out without her voice on it or name so that way she got it out to the public anyway and got a round the Col. Smart move! He's talking very revealingly on it and the way he's talking makes me think it was the one she did with him because he knew and trusted her and would have been that talkative and more "natural" than he might with someone he didn't know as well...though he is being very careful and "proper" as he wouldn't want anyone to think he wasn't "educated" etc: at that time in his life. Later, when he was on top of things, he didn't care quite as much what they thought-yet he was always trying to be intelligent and not sound like "I couldn't put two words together in a sentence". You'll like hearing him talk-and see how he changed through time and as he put it "gettin' older". wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:48 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Here is an interesting link to many Elvis interviews through his life:

http://www.elvis.net/interview/inter.html

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:33 am 
Site Admin

The Elvis Talks cd definitely sounds like a good one to have. :D Gonna have to put that on my ever-growing "wish list". :wink: :D Also, thanks so much Amanda Viola for the link you posted. :) LOTS of great stuff on there I'm going to have fun checking out!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:43 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you Julie! I will be so looking forward to it. Yes, if you have the label, please do email it to me. At present I can't print it out but will save it for when my printer is back in action.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:26 pm 
Site Admin

Julie thank you SO much for this very generous offer of love and kindness!! :D Yes, the name and address you have tis me. :D I'm going to send you a pm in a few minutes so be on the lookout for it. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:56 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for the good Elvis Interview links, Amanda!

Back to THIS IS ELVIS - it is part made-up story with actors and part the real Elvis clips. When I taped it off the TV years ago, I just taped the "real Elvis" part. Could care less about the other! So the last HALF is good! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:21 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

It's my pleasure, ladies! :P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]