It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:43 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Sue, I had never heard any of this before.

I found especially interesting:

Quote:
I went out to L.A. in '62, and I saw Elvis a few times out there when he was renting [Rudolph] Valentino's house. I wanted to see it, so I went over. But when he met Priscilla, he was talking about her even then, and he was saying that she looked like a female Valentino. He had this worship - he believed he was the reincarnation of Valentino. At times he would actually talk like he had dreamed he was [Valentino] at one time or another.

Elvis had bumps on his head? So do I! In fact, my mother and her father did as well. they are little cysts - they were harmless for the two of them, so I don't plan to have them removed. Besides, my grandfather tried it several times and they just grew right back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:46 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I had not heard or read of Barbara Pittman. I enjoyed reading her perspective on Elvis. Thank you Sue. It was very interesting.

Quote:
Pittman agrees that everything about Elvis and his world changed with the death of his beloved mother, but insists that Presley was neither a mama's boy nor painfully shy. "Well, he wasn't shy, and he wasn't the mama's boy they often make him out to be. He loved his mother like all Southern men do, y'know. I never seen one that didn't love their mother more than their father. He really did; he loved his mom - well, we all do. Southern people are very attached to their mothers. But Elvis was headstrong, hot tempered, and he knew what he wanted and went after it."

I do wonder if Elvis continued to believe he was the reincarnated Valentino or if that was just a passing phase.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:47 pm 
Site Admin

I think the bumps on his forehead were just the fact that he had not grown into his head yet-the skull plates probably were not in position yet as he was a kid still.
He grew up alot in the 22 to 24 years-even he said that he was taller then when he went in and that he had "grown up" some but still had a lot to go...in many ways...emotionally, mentally and physically." and he snickered thinking about that comment. It's interesting to hear that she thought he wasn't shy etc: and was headstrong. He said that he was stubborn and went after what he wanted in those early days. That he'd do anything it took to get somewhere and sometimes it took a lot out of them all keeping the dates and finding the money etc:. Then when he was getting expenses paid and being paid for the gigs, things changed and he had to have so much security around and he didn't ever want to be alone. It's true he sleep walked to the point he was afraid to be alone away from home...and even there at times. If he was upset emotionally etc: he was apt to do it more and you can bet losing his mom would do it for him. He worried, he said that he would walk out side on board ship going to Germany and might actually go overboard so he wanted someone with him on board, plus he needed someone to talk to. Charlie said he listened to Elvis crying himself to sleep nearly every night-even though he would bury his face in his pillows and try to wait until he thought Charlie was asleep, he could still hear Elvis crying. Sometimes he would get up and start playing his guitar and singing softly so Elvis would relax and go to sleep. Their radios didn't work down in the ship I guess??? Anyway Charlie came along right when Elvis needed him.
As for the Valentino thing, yes he did mention that a time or two but didn't make a big thing of it...he wondered if he had been Valentino in a past life, not the one where he was Valentino but lives long before that and if maybe his twin brother was there also in other lives. He never said Priscilla looked like him to me, he said that she looked like his momma when she was a young girl-he had one photo a black and white one of her when she was just 14 or so and that it was a good one of her face-Pris he said, was a "dead ringer" for her.
And he guessed that all babies use their parents as a "drawing board" of what their future mates might look like-it seemed so to him. And too, he wanted his children to be beautiful-perfectly formed and all of that because they would have an easier time in life, that fortune smiles on certain ones, he'd noticed that. And beautifully formed people seemed to be blessed more often than others. So he wanted to assure his children would have every chance in life and not have to take what they could get so much. I remember saying well what about you-your family didn't have much and they were good looking people. He said, they had me-and I brought fortune to us-I was the blessed one in their life-see it works. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:12 pm 
Site Admin

Well, he certianly got his wish. His daughter is beautiful and his grand-daughter is even moreso, in my opinion. From the few photos of Ben, looks like he will be handsome, but hard to say, since we have seen only a few young shots of him. Can't imagine otherwise, though. Danny is really quite good-looking for the Dad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:27 am 
Site Admin

Thanks Sue-Lenora for posting such an interesting article. :D Thanks to you also Wanda for elaborating more on the Valentino thing. :) As soon as I read that part in the article(before I saw what you posted Wanda) my mind immediately thought that maybe he was referring to Valentino in a past life experience. :) Elvis did indeed do right by his little girl as she did turn out beautifully and so did his grandchildren as Maia pointed out. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:58 am 
Site Admin

Hi, I'm going to have to have some way to come back in facts to get rid of some fiction at the place where Suzy lives now. It is an expensive, high end retirement home/big complex set up like a high class hotel and lots of wealthy people, some single some married live. There is one influencial due to they have plenty of money and he drives a fancy sports car and she wears mink etc: on cold days. They pay a fortune to live in one of the three very nice two bedroom apts with a balcony one can sit on and they have a cook/housekeeper who has a small apartment here as well-they pay for her and it too. Anyway, he's the one who spouted off at breakfast one morning when Suzy was talking about Elvis and he said Elvis wasted his life, he was trash who got lucky and didn't have the intelligence to make anything of his fame. He could have changed the world and he chose to drug himself into insainity and took every young girl he met with him etc:.
Suzy was bout to punch him out but he was so tall compared to her she'd only been able to hit him in the "wavo's" she said angrily. So she gave him one of her drop dead looks and sat further from him. I was there too and asked if he'd ever met Elvis-he turned his back to me and mumbled he wouldn't waste time meeting him. Anyway, he is raising a ruckus about the Elvis movie afternoons and saying to the owner of the place that it was offensive to him and others that they would bring that kind of entertainment into The Lakes.
He wanted it cancelled saying "no one will be there anyway once they realize they are above all that". What that meant I don't know! Anyway he said that Elvis was a "child molester" picked on the youngest women he could find, brow beat them into complying with his debauchery and gave them drugs to make them more cooperative. He also said that Elvis had been warned repeatedly but kept so many "guards" around him to protect his activities. That he wasted millions on his habits including drugs and that he lived a life of using people for whatever his current thrill happened to be. He says that he personally knows through others who had young daughters that Elvis "ruined" and those girls aren't able to lead useful lives because of having spent time with that "hop headed sexual deviate". So this is what is going on this week. I would like to burn that man at the stake but aside from that, I want to mentally and spiritually lay him out cold and speechless for the next 3 or 4 years that Suzy may live there-longer if possible.
Spiritual power is very effective-especially when combined power is used and I want to send him some heavy vibes that will turn around his warped little pea brained mind. I think his whole problem is that he wanted to get to meet Elvis or had some business deal he wanted to present and Elvis said no way. I truly think he is a man who some way was rebuffed either by or because of Elvis-maybe he and Elvis liked the same woman and Elvis won at some time or other? Whatever he is such a bag of wind-but he is very rich, influencial and is used to being catered to and looked up to as well. Personally I find him to be a bully and a snob-his wife just sits there with big eyes looking like she wished she could wiggle her nose and disappear. I'd punch out his lights-but she's the rug type it appears. Probably that's the only female type he'd give a second look!

Well, that's my project for now-We WILL have the movie afternoons-and it will be He Touched Me I. and II.
That guy don't know who he's messin' with on this score. He wants to butt heads...I have never been one to run from a "goat". wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:00 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda, I'm sorry for you and Suzy that you are having to deal with such a rude and insulting man. He sounds bitter to me, perhaps even jealous of Elvis. He's never even met Elvis and yet telling Suzy what Elvis is like. No wonder she's upset.
I will lift the situation up in prayer so that one way or another the peace of God will return to the retirement home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:44 pm 
Site Admin

Wanda I, too, am so sorry that you and Suzy are having to deal with such a rude, cold-hearted and IGNORANT man!! :( :x I know that somewhere I read or heard that Elvis once said "listen to the ignorant for they too have their story" but it sounds like this guy isn't worth listening to at all because he is unfairly judging a man that he didn't even have the pleasure or privilege of knowing!! :( :x You know, I don't care how much money this guy has because I gaurantee that Elvis probably had more money in his all too short life than this guy will ever have, but yet Elvis NEVER forgot where he came from and ALWAYS treated everyone with love and kindness. :D All of that being said, I will pray that you and Suzy and anyone else that has the dis-pleasure of dealing with this man will have peace and that God will help turn this man's heart around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:13 pm 
Site Admin

Well, guess who I met coming out of the front entrance as I was going in today? Him. I hurried a bit so I could hold the door for him and his wife and with a big smile I said, Good Morning! You all goin' out early! His wife smiled slightly and the coot said, "We play golf." I said, Really! Have a great time." And he kind of looked surprised and said, "Thank you." as they cleared the door way. Our last meeting was strained and then I got filled in on his comments about the movie days etc;. I am going to "sweet him to his knees" as Elvis would put it-and I've already got the owner/manager of the place on Elvis' side-in fact he is going to play one of the cd's over the intercom music system because he thinks the people living there would enjoy it! I gave him one of my books last week and he's already read it and learned so much more about Elvis. He said he knew he was a spiritual, good man and very generous with his money to less fortunate persons of every race and color. He apologized for the gentleman's concerns about Elvis and said not to worry, we could have the movie days and that he thought many of the guests would enjoy them very much. He is going to try to get up there for some of it himself! He's a younger man, maybe a young 54 or so and though he didn't get to see Elvis live he had seen the things on television and he saw Ann Margaret's tribute show when Elvis passed away. He thought Elvis was great-and even with his health concerns he still did the best he could and kept working for his employees and family's benefit. So he's on our side and that says alot to me. As for Mr. Krotchity-he'll fall soon enough. I have the feeling that if she can get rid of him some how during movie time-his wife might show up too! Wouldn't surprise me at all. So thanks kids, it's already working. wjh Oh, Suzy said she'd "trip him if he showed up" and she probably would!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:49 pm 

Most people that are so bitter like this guy are so jealous that they spout venom to try and cover it up. He is probably a wanna be singer with no talent and no friends. His poor wife. If I was her he would be singing in a higher key now, if you get my drift. :lol:

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next