It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:56 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you so much for sharing this really nice interview with us Sue-Lenora. :D It's so nice to see what he's doing with the James Burton Foundation and helping all those kids out. :D He's really following his good friend's example very nicely. :wink: :D The other part of this interview that really touched my heart was this:......" remember, whatever you do in life comes from God (James touches his heart here). I think Elvis was a very wonderful Christian man, you could tell it in his music and in his feelings. " So beautifully said and so very true! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:40 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Enjoyed the interview, Sue; thanks!

I wonder why the Colonel turned down so many huge money making offers from overseas? What was the real issue? I've heard various theories. He was an illegal alien for one. Perhaps he was afraid Elvis' eyes would open wider and he'd loose control over "his boy"? Parker supposedly told some that security was an issue.

Here's a nice excerpt:
Quote:
SJ James, is there any message to the Australian fans who’ll be reading this?

JB Yeah. Just keep up the good work. And remember, whatever you do in life comes from God (James touches his heart here). I think Elvis was a very wonderful Christian man, you could tell it in his music and in his feelings. And if anyone wants to get into music ... whatever instrument you play, work hard at it, practice a lot.

Last edited by Blue Moon on Wed May 30, 2007 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]