It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:46 pm 
Site Admin

This is just EXCELLENT SUE! I added most of it to a page on ELC - linked at the bottom of the "Tributes" page:

http://www.elvislightedcandle.org/withoutasong.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:02 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Sue, what an amazing set of quotes you put together!!! It really must taken time to gather them. Bless your heart. These quotes really give one an appreciation of Elvis' voice and singing ability.

I'm glad Maia posted it on ELC too, for others to see, and it's easy reading for the eyes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:08 am 
Site Admin

Blue Moon wrote:
Sue, what an amazing set of quotes you put together!!! It really must taken time to gather them. Bless your heart. These quotes really give one an appreciation of Elvis' voice and singing ability.

I'm glad Maia posted it on ELC too, for others to see, and it's easy reading for the eyes.

I agree with you 100% Laurie. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:51 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I AGREE ALSO!!!!!!
Thank you so much, Sue!!!
:D :D :D

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:15 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Sue-Lenora, I think you have done such a big and meaningful apportation to this Forum with what you posted above! You have brought in a whole charge of energy of understanding, recognition and valoration with it. All put together adds to LOVE.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:43 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

It has been something extra special, indeed!

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:15 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I don't know much about music in the technical sense. But I have to say Sue, after reading the quotes you've put together, I will be listening to Elvis with a more attuned ear. You've given me an even greater appreciation of Elvis' singing voice & style.

I think your collection of quotes is good enough to be a freelance piece. I bet there would be an Elvis magazine out there which would love to use what you've compiled.

Last edited by Blue Moon on Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:05 pm 
Site Admin

That piece is wonderful Sue-what a great thing you've done to put all that together! I read through it and couldn't help thinking of what Elvis would say, "Awww...they haven't really listend to etc:, I'm not that good a singer-I make mistakes...etc:" He'd run off a list of singers he thought better then him-for one, I think maybe he liked his style and voice better than many others was Roy Orbison whom he thought could hit notes better than he could, whose voice gave him chills and whom he would go see when he could get away to do it. He liked his Pretty Woman song and played it over and over and over at times. He said he practiced with it and with Mario Lanza too, him when he was "younger"...he was about 28 or so when he said that. Elvis didn't want to get old...feared it in fact and wanted to stay young looking. It worried him. Especially since his dad had been gray haired early and Elvis was getting gray hair too-he said he would have silver hair if he didn't color it and he wasn't 38 yet then.
I loved those articles and the range of people making assesments of his voice and style. Great reading! I wish I could have watched him reading them! It would have been such a view of his humility, pride and shyness all rolled up fluttering away as he read those remarks. He wouldn have had trouble believing it. But the people who loved him - we knew it all along. Just needed some really deep thinkers to put it in writing! wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:24 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Elvis didn't want to get old...feared it in fact and wanted to stay young looking. It worried him.

Who wants to look old?? :wink:

For Elvis it might have been more worrysome than for other "common" people. But he never looked old, because he left this world too early.... :(

When people have/had dreams or visions of him after his passing, Elvis "chose/choses" to look YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL and wants to please the "dreamer". Isn't that great!? :D

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:19 pm 
Site Admin

It is great indeed Sarena and as they say some things never change. :D He always wanted to please others no matter what and this still continues on. :D

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next